[Q] Watching video on my TV via HDMI?

Search This thread

bigbamboo5

Jul 5, 2009
Hi.

Apologies in advance if this has been covered - I've searched but can't find an answer.

I bought this cable: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0060AU5MW/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_title to connect up my Sharp TV to my Nexus 10 and although I have connected it up to the appropriate HDMI port, I get nothing at all. I'm sure I'm being dim, but a) have I bought the right cable and b) is there something clever I should now do to make it work? Or, c) have I just cocked the whole thing up? :eek:

Many thanks, in advance!

Last edited:

Schubi89

Dec 1, 2012
Re: [Q] Watching Netflix through my TV via HDMI?

Netflix blocks HDMI mirroring. An updated version for smartphone allows it, but nothing new for the tablet version yet.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: bigbamboo5

bigbamboo5

Jul 5, 2009
Netflix blocks HDMI mirroring. An updated version for smartphone allows it, but nothing new for the tablet version yet.

Thank you for the response. I have tried to also play other videos from the Nexus 10 through the TV, without luck. It may be just my cackhandedness, or the TV, but I am selecting the correct HDMI port and still seeing (and hearing) nothing. I would LOVE to find a solution, if anyone can help? Ta!

bigbamboo5

Jul 5, 2009
Thank you for the response. I have tried to also play other videos from the Nexus 10 through the TV, without luck. It may be just my cackhandedness, or the TV, but I am selecting the correct HDMI port and still seeing (and hearing) nothing. I would LOVE to find a solution, if anyone can help? Ta!

I hope no-one minds if I bump this, but I'm at my wit's end! :(

jbdavies

Sep 3, 2010
Utah
www.sur-realphotography.com
The only way I've found to make this work, is to have both devices turned off (TV and Nexus10), then connect the HDMI cable, then turn on both the N10 and TV. Once the N10 is half way through the boot sequence, the TV should display everything that's on the Tablet onto the TV.

It's a pain in the ass to have to turn off the tablet and turn it back on... but that's the only solution I've found so far. I read that if you try to connect the mini HDMI while the tablet is on... it could damage it?? I dunno if that's true or not.

rican408

Jun 25, 2010

This is false info. I've been using HDMI mirroring with Netflix for years! HTC evo, galaxy s 2, galaxy nexus, nexus 4 and my nexus 10. All without rooting.
To op. Perhaps the cable you have isn't very good. Mine just works. I have to wait a couple seconds for sound but that's it.
Mine is from amazon company is mediabridge.

Eatonitis

Dec 9, 2012
Derby
Likewise here, got an el-cheapo cable off of eBay and it just works. Not tried tried Netflix but my own videos and stills display no problem. I know it's a noddy question but are sure you have the TV setup correctly, selected the right input etc?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Schubi89

Dec 1, 2012
This is false info. I've been using HDMI mirroring with Netflix for years! HTC evo, galaxy s 2, galaxy nexus, nexus 4 and my nexus 10. All without rooting.
To op. Perhaps the cable you have isn't very good. Mine just works. I have to wait a couple seconds for sound but that's it.
Mine is from amazon company is mediabridge.

Sry, just looked it up again. I meant HBO Go and not Netflix :)

bigbamboo5

Jul 5, 2009
Likewise here, got an el-cheapo cable off of eBay and it just works. Not tried tried Netflix but my own videos and stills display no problem. I know it's a noddy question but are sure you have the TV setup correctly, selected the right input etc?

I think so. I put the cable into the hole marked 'HDMI 6' and then select that on my TV, but I get nothing at all. I bought this cable, which seems to work for other people: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0060AU5MW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Does it look okay? Am I missing something?

Many thanks!

Reactions: Eatonitis

Eatonitis

Dec 9, 2012
Derby
The cable looks fine, do you have another device to try it with? A camera for example.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Re: [Q] Watching Netflix through my TV via HDMI?

I think so. I put the cable into the hole marked 'HDMI 6' and then select that on my TV, but I get nothing at all. I bought this cable, which seems to work for other people: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0060AU5MW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Does it look okay? Am I missing something?

Many thanks!