[Resolved] Need input

Search This thread

Soapy!

Feb 28, 2014
Philadelphia
Hey guys, I need some on trying to find an android phone for about $200. I've already looked up the Moto G and unfortunately it didn't meet up to my total expectations. I am looking for a device that has:

A 4.5 - 5 inch Display with about 720p HD Capabilities and maybe around 250 - 330 PPI.
Dual or Quad Core Processor (Starting from 1.2Ghz and please try not to post any mediatek cpus)
512 - 2GB of Ram
Good internal storage for some apps.
Android OS 4.1.2 - 4.4 KitKat
Good battery life (something that would last for about a day or so)
Stable.. Smooth (No Chinese Generics)
At least some support from the dev. community.

Any help would be much appreciated. thanks!

Sorry guys, there was a device suggestion thread...

Last edited:

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
Hey guys, I need some on trying to find an android phone for about $200. I've already looked up the Moto G and unfortunately it didn't meet up to my total expectations. I am looking for a device that has:

A 4.5 - 5 inch Display with about 720p HD Capabilities and maybe around 250 - 330 PPI.
Dual or Quad Core Processor (Starting from 1.2Ghz and please try not to post any mediatek cpus)
512 - 2GB of Ram

well since the moto g is out of the picture, i think one of the many BLU phones would be good for you, i have heard good and bad reports about the battery, most of them have 1g or higher gigs of RAM, its seems that lots of their devices (even with small screens) have a great cpu clocked at 1.5ghz dual core or bigger, i think most of their phones are 4.2 and up. lots of choices with 4.5" and up. as for development support, i think they only have root.

Reactions: Soapy!

Soapy!

Feb 28, 2014
Philadelphia
well since the moto g is out of the picture, i think one of the many BLU phones would be good for you, i have heard good and bad reports about the battery, most of them have 1g or higher gigs of RAM, its seems that lots of their devices (even with small screens) have a great cpu clocked at 1.5ghz dual core or bigger, i think most of their phones are 4.2 and up. lots of choices with 4.5" and up. as for development support, i think they only have root.

Thanks for the recommendation. Though, I have heard of the blu phone series (life, studio, etc.) but there are many negative reviews on them and the ones that are mostly positive are supposedly framed. So, from what I heard was that some of these BLU labelled phones come DOA, other complaints relate to dead pixels, insta-brick (after a week or so of moderate to heavy usage), unresponsive touchscreens, and of course as you stated, battery life.

jmindset

Oct 18, 2012

512 - 2GB of Ram

I was stuck in the exactly same position. But I also needed a removable battery and an external micro SD card slot. So the moto g was not a good candidate. I ended up going with the optimus f7. It has specs similar to gs3. You should check out the reviews and see what you think.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Soapy!

Soapy!

Feb 28, 2014
Philadelphia
I was stuck in the exactly same position. But I also needed a removable battery and an external micro SD card slot. So the moto g was not a good candidate. I ended up going with the optimus f7. It has specs similar to gs3. You should check out the reviews and see what you think.

Ahhh yes, I forgot to include external microsd expansion capabilities. Oh yes and thanks, the F7 may not have good dev support but I guess root access is all I need. All I'm really planning to install is Su, viperfx, and some closed modules. Also btw is it possible to skip the boost mobile activation process?

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
Ahhh yes, I forgot to include external microsd expansion capabilities. Oh yes and thanks, the F7 may not have good dev support but I guess root access is all I need. All I'm really planning to install is Su, viperfx, and some closed modules. Also btw is it possible to skip the boost mobile activation process?

Yeah it is, i learned that when i bought the stupidest phone in the world -_- LG Venice.

Soapy!

Feb 28, 2014
Philadelphia
Soo.. Yeahh.. I do like the F7's colorful notification light, its 4.7 inch display, and its "4G" capabilities for now... There will always be new contenders to take the belt but for now, Thank You for your help!

Reactions: jmindset

jmindset

Oct 18, 2012
Soo.. Yeahh.. I do like the F7's colorful notification light, its 4.7 inch display, and its "4G" capabilities for now... There will always be new contenders to take the belt but for now, Thank You for your help!

Enjoy! I to am using an f7. There is an awesome rom that I'm using that I highly recommend. If you got any questions ask me or check out the androidforums f7 threads. Xda doesn't have much f7 support but androidforums has a bunch!

Sent from my YP-GI1 using xda app-developers app

Sakthivel_Subbiah

Jan 9, 2014
boomi

512 - 2GB of Ram

Try Sony xperia M my frirnd

Sent from my Micromax A74 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

512 - 2GB of Ram

512 - 2GB of Ram