All ROMs fail to Fash..

Search This thread

VeEuzUKY

Oct 10, 2008
There are so many recoveries available and I tried them all.. most dont even get flashed. Anyway, I ended up with the only one that seems to work for my N5120, CivZ_rev1.1-PhilZ_5. I succesfully flashed an 4.2.2 though the benchmarks are a disaster, the battery vanishes in 2 hours and the performance is a joke.. Quandrant gets me less than 2000...

That leads me to try and flash a 4.4.2.. but every single one the flash fails and gets aborted with a STATUS 7 message.. no matter the build, kind, or if it comes from the internal SD card or the External SD.. always fails. What the hell am I doing wrong and how can I flash this Tab?... I feel so frustrated.. nothing like this ever happened to me.

Thanks much for the advice..

Last edited:

LuMe96

Don't know if that helps but I had similar issues. Ended up flashing official CM11 Nightlies, the best I could find for N5120 up to now. No Pen support but the rest is working ok. Quadrant gives me a score of 5095.
For flashing the only recovery that worked for me (and I also tried many giving Status 7) was / is PhilZ Touch 6 based on Clockworkmod v6.0.4.7.
There might be more recent now but as this one worked, I sticked with it.

Envoyé de mon SM-N9005 en utilisant Tapatalk

VeEuzUKY

Oct 10, 2008
Don't know if that helps but I had similar issues. Ended up flashing official CM11 Nightlies, the best I could find for N5120 up to now. No Pen support but the rest is working ok. Quadrant gives me a score of 5095.
For flashing the only recovery that worked for me (and I also tried many giving Status 7) was / is PhilZ Touch 6 based on Clockworkmod v6.0.4.7.
There might be more recent now but as this one worked, I sticked with it.

Thanks for your advice.. PhilZ Touch v6.0.4.7 finally worked.. is crazy there are so many recoveries for the Note 8 and almost all have problems or are not compatible with KK..

I flashed the latest CM11 but I have LOTS of problems.. when the Tab is power off and charging, I get is a frozen image of the battery loading with full screen brightness but no charging animation or charging level information and basically the Tab doesn't charge and just heats up, I have issues with the menu key (left to the home button hardware softkey), I have problems with the home button that insists usually activating a double click when I only press it once, I have very long delays in locking wifi and GSM signal and several other small things that bother me.. and I come from rooted stock 4.2.2 with a costume Kernel that I could overclock the Tab to 1.9GHz.. but no Kernels available seems for 4.4.2.. the performance I get with CM11 is horrible compared to what I had with stock 4.2.2 and the battery lasts NOTHING..for me CM11 is unusable at this point and the developer doesn't bother to reply to any questions..maybe some problems are specifically with my unit and the CM11 ROM and maybe some problems because of the modem I have (my N5120 is from Hong Kong).. there are lots of other modems available but I have no idea what to try and worry make things worse..

I am curious about your experience with the other KK ROMs.. I want try to PAC, Paranoid and SlimKat..you dont like them? What problems you had with them?

Thanks again for your input:)

LuMe96

Hi,

I do agree regarding the charging "Device off" issue, but I tend to never switch my device off, so I can live with that. For the rest I do not recognize any of the issues you listed. 3G / 4G working fine, WiFi also and no problems with the hardware buttons.

By the way, mine is also HK version. I bought during my last trip to HK last year.

I tried PAC Rom, and had no major issues either, except missing Recent Apps manager. Didn't try any other ROMs up to now. I tend to prefer "basic" ROMs and add some needed stuff through Xposed. This is also the reason I decided to switch to CM11 when it became official. Haven't found the need to come back to PAC Rom since. It's not TOP but does the job for me. As you are speaking about battery, I do easily get 4 hours of Plex Video Playback over WiFi at decent screen brightness / 4 to 5 hours video Playback with MX Player and video stored on external SD-Card. Will however probably revert to TW ROM as soon as a 4.4.2 version is released to recover PEN functionality.

Did you use the official CM11 from their website? I know that there are older non official versions around (which I initially tried but had problems with).

I attached a screenshot of my about screen so you can have a look at baseband and kernel.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-27-11-17-12.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-27-11-17-12.png
    144 KB · Views: 35

VeEuzUKY

Oct 10, 2008
Hi,

I do agree regarding the charging "Device off" issue, but I tend to never switch my device off, so I can live with that. For the rest I do not recognize any of the issues you listed. 3G / 4G working fine, WiFi also and no problems with the hardware buttons.

By the way, mine is also HK version. I bought during my last trip to HK last year.

I tried PAC Rom, and had no major issues either, except missing Recent Apps manager. Didn't try any other ROMs up to now. I tend to prefer "basic" ROMs and add some needed stuff through Xposed. This is also the reason I decided to switch to CM11 when it became official. Haven't found the need to come back to PAC Rom since. It's not TOP but does the job for me. As you are speaking about battery, I do easily get 4 hours of Plex Video Playback over WiFi at decent screen brightness / 4 to 5 hours video Playback with MX Player and video stored on external SD-Card. Will however probably revert to TW ROM as soon as a 4.4.2 version is released to recover PEN functionality.

Did you use the official CM11 from their website? I know that there are older non official versions around (which I initially tried but had problems with).

I attached a screenshot of my about screen so you can have a look at baseband and kernel.
Yes I downloaded from their official link (I think):
http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=n5120

Im running cm-11-20140525-NIGHTLY-n5120.zip

LuMe96

Ok, strange I'm running the exact same version.
Regarding WiFi and network issues you might want to check modem / baseband version (and kernel). Other than that I don't see why there is such a difference in behavior between your device and mine, sorry.

Envoyé de mon SM-N9005 en utilisant Tapatalk