Fastboot without volume buttons

Search This thread

drmacrofish

Jul 24, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Hey all. Ok. Got my Oneplus end of last week thanks to an invite from @playya here. After doing initial set up and allowing updates to install on phone, I quickly noticed the volume keys do not register. I am thinking it is a hardware issue and have submitted for RMA with OnePlus, but I have not even heard anything from them yet after 6 days.

I want to see if maybe it is just a ROM/software issue though and see if I can re-flash, but how can I even get into fastboot as volume down does not register at all. (Or volume up for that matter).

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Oomahey

Dec 22, 2011
Bangalore
Hey all. Ok. Got my Oneplus end of last week thanks to an invite from @playya here. After doing initial set up and allowing updates to install on phone, I quickly noticed the volume keys do not register. I am thinking it is a hardware issue and have submitted for RMA with OnePlus, but I have not even heard anything from them yet after 6 days.

I want to see if maybe it is just a ROM/software issue though and see if I can re-flash, but how can I even get into fastboot as volume down does not register at all. (Or volume up for that matter).

Fastboot is bootloader (correct me if I'm wrong).

Settings> Developer Options> check 'Advanced Reboot'

Reactions: drmacrofish

drmacrofish

Jul 24, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Oh well, I tried it. RE-installed an older version of CM11S to see if maybe it was an issue with 33R and my phone and still not response when pressing the volume keys. I am now pretty certain that the buttons are messed up and it is a hardware issue. Well, here's hoping I get some response sometime soon to my RMA request.

DuckMcQUack

Jul 1, 2013
Rome
There is many people with your exact issue...this phone is so disappointing, it's such a Chinese pos. I wonder how so many guys are satisfied by it...thanks God I have no major hardware issues but if you look around over the community you will find that this thing is such an epic fail

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
There is many people with your exact issue...this phone is so disappointing, it's such a Chinese pos. I wonder how so many guys are satisfied by it...thanks God I have no major hardware issues but if you look around over the community you will find that this thing is such an epic fail

I'm completely satisfied, not a single problem with mine, or my fiance's, or any of my friends' either. Why don't you sell it if you hate it so much? The problems are minor, and they affect a small quantity. It's always the unhappy people that speak the loudest, don't forget.

Transmitted via Bacon

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
I'm completely satisfied, not a single problem with mine, or my fiance's, or any of my friends' either. Why don't you sell it if you hate it so much? The problems are minor, and they affect a small quantity. It's always the unhappy people that speak the loudest, don't forget.

Transmitted via Bacon

Just want to make sure people take in what he just said so I made it bold and enlarged it. No greater words have ever been spoken. If you don't realize that then you have already lost... Here let me repeat it for you

It's always the unhappy people that speak the loudest, don't forget.

Just like to say no issues on my end either.. Sorry @drmacrofish you got a bad one man. But they do get back to you. I had purchased a bad case and they gave me a refund. It took a few days but they do get back to you

Reactions: drmacrofish

drmacrofish

Jul 24, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Thanks all. Hopefully I will have something good to report and they, OnePlus, will get back to me and get things rectified. It really is an awesome phone otherwise. I am hoping I will be able to get a replacement and not have to go the refund route, but I guess we will see. For sure it is always the unhappy that speak out the most, so I am hoping there are a lot of others out there who had to RMA for replacement without issues, and that I will be one of them.

DuckMcQUack

Jul 1, 2013
Rome

Transmitted via Bacon

I'm just waiting for N6. I will swap this thing as soon as i will have the opt to buy a newer phone, this is not a moment to change. Summer is the worst period to buy a smartphone.

DuckMcQUack

Jul 1, 2013
Rome

Transmitted via Bacon

Just want to make sure people take in what he just said so I made it bold and enlarged it. No greater words have ever been spoken. If you don't realize that then you have already lost... Here let me repeat it for you

Just like to say no issues on my end either.. Sorry @drmacrofish you got a bad one man. But they do get back to you. I had purchased a bad case and they gave me a refund. It took a few days but they do get back to you

So that you finally know that you're not aware of your phone having problòems, OP has just aknowledged the touchscreen issue.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/201...ti-touch-issues-oneplus-one-fix-incoming.html

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Transmitted via Bacon

Fastboot is bootloader (correct me if I'm wrong).

Settings> Developer Options> check 'Advanced Reboot'
    That or you can use the adb command:

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Transmitted via Bacon

Transmitted via Bacon