[Q] LG G2 screen problem - yellow spots

Search This thread

borys4

Dec 3, 2014
same problem

Orange streak on right side of phone. I assume i have one of the first since i got it in jan..2014

ChadRT

Dec 29, 2013
Many G2's and now a G3 done the same thing...

Well after a year of me and my sister having the same problem and going thru 7 total replacements between us and hours of fighting with VZW they replaced our G2's and we opted for the G3's assuming they had fixed the well known, well documented problem. Now yesterday I have them on my G3 right hand side traveling from the top down. I love my LG units but I hate this crap. I am an LG fan because I hate the Samsung UI so much that they provided a powerhouse phone without that terrible user interface that makes me feel like I took a trip back in time to Froyo, lol

Claudiu678

Dec 29, 2011
Frankfurt a.M.(DE) / Deva(RO)
Now I have the same problem since one week. My yellow spot is in left corner...

anyone having idea how to solve it without having lcd replaced ????

Try to put your display on Max brightness, without auto adjust and let it like that for about 1 hour. I solved my problem that way, but I can not guarantee that it works on all phones...

Last edited:
Reactions: acristescu

tisho7

Sep 29, 2013
Now I have the same problem since one week. My yellow spot is in left corner...

Try to put your display on Max brightness, without auto adjust and let it like that for about 1 hour. I solved my problem that way, but I can not guarantee that it works on all phones...
Anyone other try this method? Im curious about the results? :)

haseldog

Jan 1, 2011
Same problem-Yellow spots

Hello!

I have the same problem with my LG G2 D802.

I am trying to get i fixed by LG portugal.

I'll post the evolution and a few pictures soon.

If they don't fix it I'll expose this issue on my youtube channel because this is an obvius case of overheting devices that lead to screen burn.

My smartphone only start to increse its temperature when I use 4G

I am having the exact same problem. A yellow strea started appearing on the left side of the screen, and now one is slowly coming on the right. Now that you mentioned this, I do remember a couple times when my LG Gs got extremely hot, and I had to turn it off. I contacted Lg to see if this is a known problem, and they said they would do nothing. It's too bad because I really like the phone in every other matter.

Is there any kind of petition to get LG to acknowledge this problem and fix i?. It seems like this is a factory defect that they need to address. Let's get on Twitter and YouTube and make some noise!

Reactions: brugazz

savior02

Apr 9, 2007
After the yellow burn in the screen that spot went dead and wouldn't register taps. I replaced the LCD and its working like new.

SystemErrorOne

Jun 7, 2011
Jacksonville
Temp Solution:

Try this out guys put your phone in the freezer (yes that cold box in your kitchen) for a good 5-10 minutes while its ON.

Pull it out and leave it alone as it adapts back to normal temps. Open up a white background / app like gmail and you will see the yellow marks will be diminished.

I say this is a temporary solution because It might go back to the dark yellow caused by the adhesive paste under the glass screen.
This is the cheapest fix without having to replace the screen. glass.

Good luck :good: I am no responsible if you freeze your phone :p

brugazz

Apr 9, 2008
Coimbra
I am having the exact same problem. A yellow strea started appearing on the left side of the screen, and now one is slowly coming on the right. Now that you mentioned this, I do remember a couple times when my LG Gs got extremely hot, and I had to turn it off. I contacted Lg to see if this is a known problem, and they said they would do nothing. It's too bad because I really like the phone in every other matter.

Is there any kind of petition to get LG to acknowledge this problem and fix i?. It seems like this is a factory defect that they need to address. Let's get on Twitter and YouTube and make some noise!

I sold my LG G2 because LG Portugal refused to fix it and bought a NOTE 4 I will never buy any LG smartphone and I warn all my friends not to do it also.

Some users were able to get it fixed by LG...

Claudiu678

Dec 29, 2011
Frankfurt a.M.(DE) / Deva(RO)
Yellow spots.... i hate you. Just got my phone back from warranty, they told me that the phone has mechanical schocks and this void the warranty. Thank you LG Romania! And this was my last LG phone ever!

Meppolan

Apr 13, 2012
Nottingham
I've got this on an LG G2 white one, it is annoying but not worth replacing the screen on it (since my warranty is out) and the phone is worth double a screen replacement. I had flash problems with a black one I had from LG's web site and LG refused to sort it out.. although I like the features of the phone, I've had GPS issues on this too.... useless! My Galaxy S3 was much better and never had these random issues! I'll be moving back to a Samsung for my next phone I think...

stillsober

Nov 18, 2013
F320x(I think it's k). Same problem, vertical streak mid top right. Seems to go away when I press the screen or after a few minutes. Problem happened when watching html5 video in habit browser in landscape position 90 to the right from upright(not using mx player or the like) it wasn't even that hot, warm but that warm either. Certainly not hot to the touch, but could be 60+ degrees cpu range. Optimus rs 4.4 rom, Dorimanx kernel

Scrolling still working in that area, not sure if any permanent damage

Next phone is a oneplus two or a discounted oneplus one I think

Last edited:

BlueKnight83

Nov 28, 2010
I have the same problem..and looking all yours pictures, the position it's always the same.

So only 1 people reach the goal of have the substitution of its smartphone from LG?
I think it's strange.. it's a well document story!

acristescu

Account currently disabled
So, I can also confirm that the only sollution for this is to bring your phone to the store (if yo still have guarantee), to bring it to a repair shop, or change it yourself, but, waht I understood after my career send it to lg for repair, the problem is also the motherboard, because they changed mine. No I try not to overheat mine to often with roms and to many nightly updates like I did before. This smartphones have pretty fine internals and they're easy to damage from heat.

FaizanChauhaan

Apr 28, 2016
Karachi
Thats lcd paper problem.. And that yellow shades come with device heating like playing games.. Lg G2 is really poor Quality lcd..
Sorry for my bad English... This is not my 1st language

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After two months of use I suddenly discovered yellow spots on display, which can be seen in the light background.
    Do you have any idea what can I do with it?
    After two months of use I suddenly discovered yellow spots on display, which can be seen in the light background.
    Do you have any idea what can I do with it?

I have the same problem, I'm going to send it away, I still have warranty, I hope they'll fix it soon.
    I just hate this...
    I read that some tablets have the same problems which are caused by the adhesive under the display. Turning on for some hours the display at full brightness can help in this situation. But I only know abaut this problem abaout new tablets. You have the problem with an few month old mobile...
    Yellow Spot no garantee??

Same here,

Yellow spots in the middle after a few minutes use. The spot gets bigger after intensive use and there is a small faint yellow line going from the spot to the bottom of the phone.

Went back to the shop with it, waited 4 weeks just to learn that LG does NOT think this is a fault of theirs so no garantee!!! My vendor is contacting them to find out what exactly makes them think this a is not a production flaw.

I'm gonna try and send it back to them anyway. This time i'll say its an overheating cpu in the description.

I had nothing but trouble with this LG phone. So if you'r planning to buy one I hope you read my posts before making a decission.

I'll keep you posted
    I have the exact same problem. Yellow line on the top right of the screen. Looks just like your photos. I think it got there after some of the updates, the phone started to get really warm. Could it be some kind of burn? Melted glue? Guess I will have to take it to the shop, but not looking forward having it in the shop for a couple of weeks or more. Really annoying screen problem though.