SGH T-769 Galaxy S Blaze 4G Bible (Updated 5/22/13)

Should the Blaze have a home here on XDA

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nickmcminn60

Oct 9, 2010
Asheville
Ok, now that i have root how do i uninstall all this bloat? I use astro and it says I'm only uninstalling the update. How do I remove the whole thing?

edit----nevermind---using Titanium BU

nust saw the edit. Lol....if your not sure what it is DONT UNINSTALL IT!. First thing is to go to recovery and make a Nandroid backup, (in case you screw up)

Hold vol+ & vol- along with the power button. Hold them all until it blacks out and vibrates twice. Then when you see "Samsung" release the power button and continue to hold vol+ & down until you see Clockwork recovery (Assuming you have it installed). Wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik (under "advanced"). Then make a backup. This way you will have a clean backup if you ever need to restore.
(you may need to reset your lockscreen wallpaper ;-) )

Root explorer is also a good root filemanager. Astro doesnt let you set permissions its a good one if you do have root.

Hope this helps
360° Prada in the works....no eta's please, when it is flawless it will be released. Seems i need to make myself a better name, since after all the work ive put in over the past 2 years doesnt make me a recognized dev ;-(

ad.hoc

Jan 18, 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona

Hey guys, I froze both software update applications with ROM manager pro(because they were constantly running, eating ram & refused to close) & when I attempt to defrost them, neither of them refuse to work. Anyone know how to make them work? Do I absolutely need them to receive future updates from Samsung or are there other ways of receiving updates from them?

nickmcminn60

Oct 9, 2010
Asheville
Hey guys, I froze both software update applications with ROM manager pro(because they were constantly running, eating ram & refused to close) & when I attempt to defrost them, neither of them refuse to work. Anyone know how to make them work? Do I absolutely need them to receive future updates from Samsung or are there other ways of receiving updates from them?

Try un-freezing one then rebooting. If not you should still be able to update Via Kies sooner than waiting on an OTA. (Or restore your Nandroid backup) :eek:

ubizmo

May 21, 2012
Philadelphia
Hello. New to this forum. I have a quick question: Is there any special magic to getting the Blaze into Download mode. I've done a search and found several methods for various other devices. None of them, including the one described at the start of this thread, have worked for me. I get either a gray battery icon or some sort of warning message in yellow letters that doesn't last long enough for me to read more than the words "..NOC block".

That is, I've tried holding the various buttons before and after connecting the USB cable to the Blaze; holding just the UP, just the DOWN, etc. I'm wondering if the Blaze requires some special sleight of hand.

My purpose in rooting, for what it's worth, is to be able to run SetCPU to improve battery performance.

allprogrammed

Apr 13, 2012
Chicago
How I do it...

Phone plugged into usb, battery out.
Hold both volume buttons and power button.
Put in the battery.
When the dl screen pops up quickly let up on all buttons and then quickly press the vol up button.
Wait a sec and then you're there.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: nickmcminn60

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
What is the Blaze memory block is it: mmcblk1p2.

Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using XDA Premium App

allprogrammed

Apr 13, 2012
Chicago
Flash it using cwm recovery.

If you are unsure about that, then you should read up on some things before diving in.

I think Beats audio pretty much just bumps up the low frequencies to go along with today's popular music. You can prolly just do that with an eq of some sort. I may be wrong.

That being said, I flashed it.

Reactions: BeezWorld

nickmcminn60

Oct 9, 2010
Asheville
There is an updated app on the market, It also puts the Beats insignia in the notification bar. c
Link is now in OP along with all the other new rom's

unnamed.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts