Touchpad Toolbox

Search This thread

BiggTeddy26

Dec 28, 2012
Windsor
Ok i am New to HP touchpad. What is the easiest way to to install Android on this tablet im trying to.help my.mom she doesnt like the Web OS... someone send a link of updated eash way to to boot android

ethic5

Jan 3, 2014
Ok another question is i want to completely get rid of Web OS and strictly run Android for my mom. What ROm is stable right now with no reboots everything working is there any kitkat roms

I used to have the CM 11.0 (Kitkat) rom which i never had any problems with. Ran quite well providing i didn't have 8000 widgets and upped the CPU a bit. I tried both the 3.4 Kernel and the 3.0. Found the 3.0 slightly better. I can't post links but you can find it in the development section "[ROM] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies [3.0 kernel]"

I used mine for general stuff though, youtube worked fine as did other videos. I never used the camera (who would, it's awful). Check out the thread and see what you think.

Cheers

BiggTeddy26

Dec 28, 2012
Windsor
Ok i did i never modded the touchpad yet. I got the toolbox to.boot and i got.to.toolbox screen i clicked flash android and it went and loaded but then it said failed to mount media . I dint get it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just finished installing the Toolbox (way to go JCS!!), just wanted to note that I received a "NOT COMPATIBLE DEVICE" error when following the instructions from JCS Post #64. When I used a WebOS doctor that I already had, there was no problem.

The doctor listed in post #64 is "webosdoctorp305hstnhatt.jar" which gave me the error
    The doctor I used is "webosdoctorp305hstnhatt.jar" which worked fine

not sure what the difference is, but wanted to post this for non-devs like me.

Oops, I used the link for the Touchpad 4G instead of Touchpad Wifi. Corrected to include both appropriately labelled.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Hi, all. After unmounting the media volume (post copy of recovery, gapps and rom to ttinstall folder) I see the following: Checking Install files...

1 logical volume (s) in volume group "store" now active

No supported recovery file found. Aborting.

My ttinstall folder contains:

cm-11-20140705-UNOFFICIAL-3.4_kernel-tenderloin.zip
    gapps-kk-20140105.zip
    update-TWRP-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140512.zip

I'm assuming the last is my recovery. I've done the complete data reset three times, with the same issue. If I choose reboot, I get:
    Selected: 'boot'
    Loading ' /boot/uImage-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin'...FAILED
    BOOT FAILED!

Any idea on what's going on? Is there a "standard" recovery file I should try instead to make this work? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Please try the version of Touchpad Toolbox (v41) I just released in this post:
    http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=293

Note that you will need to use one of the new Recoveries linked from that post.

If you still have problems with that version of TPToolbox, let me know in this thread.
    Well I tried version 41 and it works....still looking for above mentioned mobootable toolbox

You won't find it. Here's how to do it:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54454366&postcount=266

You cannot do this and still have WebOS installed.