BatteryStatus-Plugin, DeviceLock and Overclock for XDA Neo

Search This thread

Mandingo

Mar 20, 2006
Missing function

Ikarus - here's a suggestion.

Voice recordings are easy to make on a PocketPC to remind you to do things while driving etc. Press and hold a button and you're good to go.

Unfortunately there is no notification that there are saved voicenotes anywhere on the system so unless you remember you made a note you'll forget it anyway.

An indicator on the Today screen that shows the number of voice note recordings in the My Documents folder would be a huge addition.

There are a couple of plugins that try to do this but they all fall short.

Just needs one number (in red perhaps) in the existing plugin.

iseeka

Jul 5, 2006
clock speed

Hello

I´m not able to overclock much my s200...

At 247 it resets

at 234 works for awhile and then hangs

At 221 seems stable

Am I just an unlucky person?

thank you
amena m600.wisbar advance. and some today plugins

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
Re: Ikarus plug-in perfect as is!

i'm sorry for the delay, but i'm currently a bit busy...

Thanks to all of you for your feedback here, vial email as well as in my guestbook. It brightens my day ;)

DeviLduck said:
Perhaps additional features some users need could be a separate plug-in. Also, you might want to set up a way to accept donations from those who appreciate your programming skills.
I will keep the plugin-code as slim and useable as possible and of course, if additional features can be outsourced, then it will be done :)
This is very important to me.

I like donations hehe i'm a student, but you don't have to pay for this. Feel free to use this free of charge. Maybe i try opening a paypal-account for the friendly one, who wants to donate.

onesolo said:
Is it possible to choose an action when pressing the Center button of the D-pad over the plugin??
I now that now if one press it, it goes to the comm manager. But it could be great to be able to choose other action.
Yes it is able, with the next version 0.02.500, you can supply a path to the executable to be executed.

onesolo said:
For example, to change the speed between the default and the overcloacked speed.
You can do this right now by tap/click on the cpuspeed-text...

iseeka said:
... At 247 it resets... Am I just an unlucky person?
I don't know... maybe each device has its limit and TI and HTC made 195MHz the default to cover all devices...
Did you tried the maximum with OmapClock.exe first? If not, please try this and by means of OmapClock.exe you can see the highest cpuspeed/cpurate of your device. If there is a difference, please come back and post it here. That would be a very important information.

Matterhorn said:
... There is one feature that I used to have on a plug-in called TodayWarrior, it had a reading of how much power the device...

robjhellis said:
... carrier signal strength in % terms...

Mandingo said:
... Voice recordings are easy to make on a PocketPC to remind...

We can collect proposals for further releases, cause i can see a lot of reasonably requests.

version 0.02.500 seems be stable but i want to test it some time more. Maybe i will post a pre-release the next days HERE. The more users can help testing, the earlier it can be released, but first it must be good enough for public testing.

greets,
ikarus

Edit: I got an email from an user, which providers operator name has more than 9 characters. 9 characters was choosen by me for the worst case (MMMMMMMMM).
1. I plan to increase the size to 14 characters for "T - Mobile USA". I'm not sure of the max. characters supported by XDAs. Are there users who needs more than 14 characters ?
2. Are there users, who wants to center the operator name?

kwues

Apr 6, 2005
Los Angeles
Greetings ikarus.... I truly appreciate your program/contributions in helping everyday hectic lives of PPC users :wink: that much easier, thank you....looking forward to your future releases and keep up the awsome work!

Best Regards,

-V-O-Y-A-G-E-R-

Jun 6, 2006
\dev\null -yu
www.mariotomic.com
Ikarus, big thank you for this plugin! :) It's really useful!

I'm surprized how little vertical space it occupies :)

I wanted t suggest adding clock data into plugin, so that one can turn off the default Date plugin (which uses improportional space for what it offers).

Or..if anyone know if there's a tweak for time to be shown when Date plugin is off? (I know for the option to be shown in programs, but when Date is off there is no time on the desktop).

cags

Dec 7, 2004
Ikarus - great plug-in, well done.

I am having a problem with my phone (Jamin) which seemed to start around the same time as I switched from memmaid to using this plugin. If I use the phone without a headset for more than around 10-15 minutes, it will reboot.

Does anyone else get this at all? I O/Clock @ 260. I don't think it's a heat issue, in winter here, and phone doesn't feel hot after I use it.

Just seeing if anyone else gets this and if they have a work-around - but I really don't want to get rid of the plugin.

thanks - craig.

DocteurN

Jan 6, 2005
Very great and useful plugin !
I'm using it on a Qtek 9100 and I've got a difference between the clock of batterstatus and Omapclock.
When I choose 260 MHz on BatteryStatus, Omapclock displays 240 MHz.
Which one is right ?

iseeka

Jul 5, 2006
hard reset

i tried the other software BUT

didnt knew it make changes permanent and 240 by default

the result: pda keeps reseting and i cant manage to hard reset it to clean

dead s200

what can i do? :shock: :shock:

iseeka

Jul 5, 2006
hard reset

is there another way of hard reset?

the pda esets before i can make a hard reset

iseeka

Jul 5, 2006
reset

tried all combinations of buttons:

power + camera +reset
comm + camera + reset
comm + camerea + power + reset

all of them just soft reset

do the rom should be loaded completely in order that combination of buttons to work? i also try to press them the latest as possible before it reboot in case the boot has to be completed but doesnt work

sorry for my english

iseeka

Jul 5, 2006
did it!!

1 camera+comm

2.soft reset keeping pressed cam + comm

3.keep just cam +comm few secs

4 press send

AT LAST!

1. Mantienes apretados los botones de la izquierda de la PDA (camara y comm manager)

2. Pulsas el soft reset introduciendo el stylus por el agujero.

3. Sacas el lapiz.

4. Varios segundos despues de sacar el lapiz sueltas los botones de la izquierda.

5. Cuando te pregunte dale al boton de llamar (boton verde)

6. Voila!!!

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
cags said:
I am having a problem with my phone (Jamin) which seemed to start around the same time as I switched from memmaid to using this plugin. If I use the phone without a headset for more than around 10-15 minutes, it will reboot.

Does anyone else get this at all? I O/Clock @ 260. I don't think it's a heat issue, in winter here, and phone doesn't feel hot after I use it.
Hello cags, i don't know why this happens. It's a strange behaviour and of course the device should be used also without a headset...

Applications like OmapClock.exe protect themselve to be the only instance at one time by methods like interlocking or so, but i haven't tested to run multiple instances of OmapClock.exe (e.g. for app-depending-overclocking for skype and overclock manually simultaneously).

The next release will come very soon, maybe this will do.

Anyone experienced the same?

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
DocteurN said:
Very great and useful plugin !
I'm using it on a Qtek 9100 and I've got a difference between the clock of batterstatus and Omapclock.
When I choose 260 MHz on BatteryStatus, Omapclock displays 240 MHz.
Which one is right ?

This difference is normal. As mentioned some posts earlier Omapclock.exe calcualtes with 12MHz as reference and BatteryStatus with 13MHz.
You can see (240/12)*13 = 260...

What's more of interest are differences in max. cpuspeed without this mult/div-difference.

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
Re: hard reset

iseeka said:
i tried the other software BUT

didnt knew it make changes permanent and 240 by default

the result: pda keeps reseting and i cant manage to hard reset it to clean

dead s200

what can i do? :shock: :shock:

Thats bad :(
To prevent such situations a bit better, the next release will have some to help out of this.

Slv

Jun 30, 2006
Black sea
brightness of backlight

Nice plugin, especially nice, that it small on screen.
There only one thing I want to add - brightness setings on it. I can't find utility to change it for my Prophet (Imate).

Thank You, ikarus for that nice thing!

Feb 8, 2006
PERFECT and....Remove Battery HTC Icon

Hi,

Thanks Ikarus for your plugin which work very fine on my Qtek 9100.
I have no problem with my headset like others people during my conversation on phone.

For the function, it will be perfect if you can put the date and the time in your plugin.

Do you know how to remove HTC battery icon ?
I have search on the forum but i can't find this software PT_RemoveHTCBatteryIcon_PRO.CAB.
Or do you know the registry key for remove it ?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good luck with the exams, although after seeing your skills with this project, i'm sure you will pass with flying colours ;)
    thanks a lot :D
    I hope i will make it, but i'm always being nervous in exams...

Your program work very good with me,but it can't auto scale the speed and can't change about LCD. It's good if you can add more option like those in your program :)
    okay... there are a lot of interesting suggestions for further additions, so lets see what comes next.

btw. are there any htc hermes (xda trion) users using BatteryStatus (beside the one i have email-contact with) and having issues?
    Also getting probs trying to download from website. Anywhere else I can get this?!

Ta....
    Wisbar Desktop And Batterystatus

when i use WISBAR DESKTOP it actually shows BATTERYSTATUS with correct data on meters, but every time i try to configure it, - a message that batterystatus disabled appears.... is it actually overclocking my processor while in wisbar desktop mode??
    did you do that as mentioned directly after the title (first page):
    - Copy CallLogs.exe to the same directory as BSCallTimes.xml

if yes, then i guess your xml-file is corrupt. The last 3 users having a corrupt xml-file tried to keep a big flat file by renaming and merging the xml-files. You should do that only if you know when an xml-file is well-formed.

Does that help?

I deleted the xml-file and now with a new one I can see the call logs of this period ... another question: Is it possible to see the call logs of a previous period? How? I notice the xml-files are backuped with the date appended to its name. How can I read this files? Thanks.