Android 4.0 ICS Stuff (Fonts/Wallpapers/Ringtones/ClockWidget/Apps)

Search This thread

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
So, I checked the Live Blog of today's event, and I loved the new fonts Google has designed for ICS, called Roboto. I just had to get it. :p

I grabbed the system dump, and here's a flashable Zip for the fonts. Tested on CM7, should work on all ROMs. (Sense not tested). Nandroid backup before flashing, just in case. (Update - Attached the Flashable Stock Font Pack as well. In case something goes wrong, or, you simply need the old fonts back)

Also managed to find the wallpapers and ringtones attaching them. (Not resized, but I believe you are upto it). Wallpapers is not a Flashable Zip. Just a simple zip with the images.

Fonts (Related Attachments - FontPack-Roboto_E2.zip, FontPack-STOCK.zip)

- The Clock Widget in the screenshots (This, and for the Wallpapers Actual Preview is Simi Clock Widget)

veFH5.png
qarhQ.png
YlLd7.png

FAQ's:

Q: The font didn't apply? There are no changes?
A: Firstly, make sure the font genuinely has not applied. The difference is pretty subtle, so, it is possible to miss it. First, check the lockscreen clock font. if it has still not applied, you probably have to try an alternate method to install these. Here is a before/after pic for comparison between the fonts.
Comparison Case 1
Before | After

Comparison Case 2
Before | After

Q: The flashable Zip did not work
A: Firstly, in case your phone hangs / bootloops, try again. There are quite a few members for whom this zip worked in the 2nd attempt. Fortunately, there are a ton of other ways to install fonts. Assuming you did not get into a bootloop, you can try one of these methods:
- Font Changer App from the Market
- ADB
- Terminal Emulator

Q: What about Non-root GS1/ GS2 users?
A: You are going to have to create a Flipfont APK file for the same in that case. The method is posted here.
In case you just want the readymade APK, it is available here. (Check the complete thread before installing)

=================================================

Wallpapers (Related Attachments - ICS WP.zip)

Preview

SvpeD.png

Actual Wallpapers Preview:
wzYfB.png
yiIlh.png
qQMi0.png

Ringtones (Related Attachments - ICS_Ringtones.zip (Non-Flashable), ICS_Audio.zip (Flashable))

In one word, they are disappointing, but, they can be found here. (It is a flashable zip, created by lordmorphous at the Streak Forums. Just directly linking the file here)

In case you do not prefer a flashable zip for the Ringtones, the simple zip with the ringtones included can be found attached.

Analog Clock Widget (Related Attachments - ICSAnalogClock_1.0.apk, AnimatedICS_Clock.apk (With seconds hand))

Install like a normal APK File.

Screenshot:
WU3aD.png

If you would like to have an animated seconds hand along with the same clock, refer this post. Again, install like a normal APK.

Applications

There are just 3 at the moment, and it seems the others won't be coming so soon. Of the three, two work well on the Wildfire. Dedicated threads for the ICS Apps can be seen below:

Music 4.0.1 (Doesn't work) - Here. To download the APK, head here
Google+ 2.0.1 - Here
Market 3.2.0 - Here

Enjoy :)

Attachments

• FontPack-Roboto_E2.zip
    257.5 KB · Views: 35,568
  • ICS_Ringtones.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 20,833
  • ICSAnalogClock_1.0.apk
    81.2 KB · Views: 6,356
  • FontPack-STOCK.zip
    362.3 KB · Views: 15,629
Last edited:

stuffynet

Aug 31, 2010
How much does it take to boot up when you change the fonts? Mine is still on the bootanimation after 10 minutes.:confused:

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
Doesn't take longer than a normal reboot after flashing something. (Or at most, it's slightly longer than normal). Guess you are in a bootloop.

Reactions: decker39

stuffynet

Aug 31, 2010
I had to revert to the old fonts. it seems that the roboto ones don't work in my case. Thanks anyway for the walls and sounds. ;)

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
It's weird, I put up that attachment after personally testing it (As shown in the screenshots). I'll check again and revert. :/

zexcrazy

Dec 2, 2010
Zrenjanin
Im so amaized by font that i had to post one again. Beautifull, it gaves all new look to the phone.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

Reactions: 3xeno

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
Im so amaized by font that i had to post one again. Beautifull, it gaves all new look to the phone.

Totally agree mate, which is precisely what I have said in the 1st line of this thread. The moment I saw the slide at the event, I KNEW I had to get this font somehow. :D

stuffynet

Aug 31, 2010
I can't get it to start. Not even with the original fonts. And I forgot to do a backup first. Any suggestions?

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
Font looks smooth, although I will have to resize the fonts in nearly all my Widgets if I decide to keep it :( it flashed perfect, there's nothing wrong with the zip.

stuffynet

Aug 31, 2010
Anyone flashed it on the cyanogemod stable version 7.1.0.1? Until now looking at the user signatures, worked only on nightly builds.

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
I am on 7.1.0.1 Stable. (Sig is outdated. :p)

@ Scratch, surprisingly, this is the only font that has worked well for me, including the widgets, but, I get what you mean.

Last edited:

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
Its because I was using walkway font with missed it and mclock. I had to set all the font sizes myself to make em fit.

stuffynet

Aug 31, 2010
:D In that case...I don't know. :p

TY

Edit: Guess what. I reflashed the rom without wipe. Flashed the font and now it works. Weird.

Last edited:

Alex_GP

May 15, 2009
Just flashed the font on my CM7 nightly 220 or something like that with CWM 2.5 and it all worked great.

Just as a though, is there any way to go back to the previous font, besides restoring the backup?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, I checked the Live Blog of today's event, and I loved the new fonts Google has designed for ICS, called Roboto. I just had to get it. :p

I grabbed the system dump, and here's a flashable Zip for the fonts. Tested on CM7, should work on all ROMs. (Sense not tested). Nandroid backup before flashing, just in case. (Update - Attached the Flashable Stock Font Pack as well. In case something goes wrong, or, you simply need the old fonts back)

Also managed to find the wallpapers and ringtones attaching them. (Not resized, but I believe you are upto it). Wallpapers is not a Flashable Zip. Just a simple zip with the images.

Fonts (Related Attachments - FontPack-Roboto_E2.zip, FontPack-STOCK.zip)

- The Clock Widget in the screenshots (This, and for the Wallpapers Actual Preview is Simi Clock Widget)

veFH5.png
    qarhQ.png
    YlLd7.png

FAQ's:

Q: The font didn't apply? There are no changes?
    A: Firstly, make sure the font genuinely has not applied. The difference is pretty subtle, so, it is possible to miss it. First, check the lockscreen clock font. if it has still not applied, you probably have to try an alternate method to install these. Here is a before/after pic for comparison between the fonts.
    Comparison Case 1
    Before | After

Comparison Case 2
    Before | After

Q: The flashable Zip did not work
    A: Firstly, in case your phone hangs / bootloops, try again. There are quite a few members for whom this zip worked in the 2nd attempt. Fortunately, there are a ton of other ways to install fonts. Assuming you did not get into a bootloop, you can try one of these methods:
    - Font Changer App from the Market
    - ADB
    - Terminal Emulator

Q: What about Non-root GS1/ GS2 users?
    A: You are going to have to create a Flipfont APK file for the same in that case. The method is posted here.
    In case you just want the readymade APK, it is available here. (Check the complete thread before installing)

Wallpapers (Related Attachments - ICS WP.zip)

Preview

SvpeD.png

Actual Wallpapers Preview:
    wzYfB.png
    yiIlh.png
    qQMi0.png

Ringtones (Related Attachments - ICS_Ringtones.zip (Non-Flashable), ICS_Audio.zip (Flashable))

In one word, they are disappointing, but, they can be found here. (It is a flashable zip, created by lordmorphous at the Streak Forums. Just directly linking the file here)

In case you do not prefer a flashable zip for the Ringtones, the simple zip with the ringtones included can be found attached.

Analog Clock Widget (Related Attachments - ICSAnalogClock_1.0.apk, AnimatedICS_Clock.apk (With seconds hand))

Install like a normal APK File.

Screenshot:
    WU3aD.png

If you would like to have an animated seconds hand along with the same clock, refer this post. Again, install like a normal APK.

Applications

There are just 3 at the moment, and it seems the others won't be coming so soon. Of the three, two work well on the Wildfire. Dedicated threads for the ICS Apps can be seen below:

Music 4.0.1 (Doesn't work) - Here. To download the APK, head here
    Google+ 2.0.1 - Here
    Market 3.2.0 - Here

Enjoy :)
    Why the font's name is not Roboto? It is DroidSans.

The existing font on your handset is called Droidsans, and any new font must carry the same name in order to replace it successfully. Which is why, any font you use has to be named DroidSans.ttf. (The clock font Clockopia.ttf, the bold one as DroidSans-Bold.ttf and so on)

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Correction. It looks like the font is installed everywhere except the clock on my lockscreen. I am running cm 7.1. How do I fix the clock font?

First download Font changer from market, make sure u download FontPack_Roboto_E2 from the beginning of this thread. Go to FontPack_Roboto_E2 zip click into it copy fonts folder and place it into the fontchanger folder thats on the root of your sd, Open font changer app click advanced click clocktopia then click fonts and apply clocktopia.ttf and do the same for droidsans-bold.ttf and droidsans.ttf and reboot enjoy...
    Woot I love bootloops.
    Nice! I hope we can get a ICS port started soon.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App