[ROOT][ONE-CLICK][UPDATED 11-30-11] Get ADB running AND Root with SuperOneClick

Search This thread

death2all110

Sep 21, 2010
Illinois
So I was messing around with different one clicks since I got ADB going on my kindle fire and I was able to Successfully use SuperOneClick 2.2 to root my kindle fire!

Sorry for the mess. Its late, and I wanted to type this up so I could crash...

To get adb going you must download the android sdk (google it).
*Run SDKManager.exe and download the google-usb_drivers package from "3rd party tools"
* Download platform-tools as well

Open a command prompt and run adb update usb to get the .android folder to appear.

goto: %USERPROFILE%\.android and edit the adb_usb.ini and add this to the end of the file and save:
Code:
0x1949
then go into where you have the sdk at and open the google-usb_driver folder and edit android_winusb.inf and add this to the [Google.NTx86] section and [Google.NTamd64] section:
Code:
;Kindle Fire
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1949&PID_0006
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1949&PID_0006&MI_01
save and close

If you have already plugged your kindle into the usb you may have to open device manager and find "Kindle" under other devices and choose the android_winusb.inf file.

Turn on Installation of apps from unknown sources: tap the top bar>choose more...(+)>device

open a command prompt and run adb kill-server then try adb devices..

you should see a device listed.

go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682a

download and run SuperOneClick and choose the "root" option. let it go!

Enjoy!

Proof:
4yZXg.png

YBEUW.png

CX3MV.png

Last edited:

matt314159

Oct 19, 2007
OnePlus 8T
Supposedly it was supposed to be easy to root. So I would think so. I am sure amazon could have made it a lot harder if they wanted to.
I almost suspect from their coy comments (yes, it will be rooted, no we don't care, type of thing) That they're just after market share, period. Now let's bring on CM ICS! (impatient optimist in me, sorry!)

a2ha

Oct 3, 2010
wow, this was quick! i hope we get custom gingerbread and later on ICS roms quick :)

smtom

Aug 26, 2010
Rooted Fire

Death2All - Rooting instructions worked like a champ!

Thanks for posting.

Donation to Shortfuse OTW.

Kind regards

Jolleyboy

Dec 30, 2010
Rexburg
Worked Beautifully!

Success!

My Kindle Fire is rooted and happily working with ADB. :D

Now lets get some dev-action love going on here :). Thanks.:cool:

chambonito

Feb 13, 2008
Good work

hey so can we now get the Amazon VOD app on our android phones with this root? If So...How do we do it?:D

SifJar

Jul 30, 2009

You could do it manually using the zergRush exploit, SuperOneClick just makes it easier for Windows people.

zergRush exploit: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1296916

(Usage instructions are there, it's fairly simple - push the binary to device with adb, chmod binary and then execute binary. this gives temp root, push su and busybox binaries for perm root and install superuser.apk)

[This replaces the SuperOneClick part of the original post, you still need to do everything leading up to that (editing adb_usb.ini etc.) - some parts may be changed slightly for mac/linux e.g. I would assume you need to edit a different file than "android_winusb.inf"]

EDIT: Guide for getting ADB working on Mac: http://blog.actlocalmedia.com/2011/11/developing-on-kindle-fire.html (probably applicable to Linux too). Do this, then you can manually root via ADB and zergRush.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ch4m3l30n

abremel

Dec 30, 2009
Did rooting break video on demand playback for anyone else? When i go to watch a prime instant video now the play buttons are greyed out, and my device is "no longer configured correctly to play Amazon videos.

abremel

Dec 30, 2009
Never used it, but I have it installed. I don't even know where to begin :confused:

to get the adb_usb file to show up, you can go into the tools directory of the sdk, open a command prompt and run android update adb - thatll at least create the file, then you just edit it as the directions state.

smtom

Aug 26, 2010
Did rooting break video on demand playback for anyone else? When i go to watch a prime instant video now the play buttons are greyed out, and my device is "no longer configured correctly to play Amazon videos.

Ditto for me. I called customer service, they claim to be looking into it. Debating whether to do factory reset and see what happens.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

abremel

Dec 30, 2009
Ditto for me. I called customer service, they claim to be looking into it. Debating whether to do factory reset and see what happens.

Actually an easy fix - the unroot button on superoneclick unroots it, and a reboot restores video playback - the instant video app must have some sort of check in place to see if the device is rooted.

SifJar

Jul 30, 2009
to get the adb_usb file to show up, you can go into the tools directory of the sdk, open a command prompt and run android update adb - thatll at least create the file, then you just edit it as the directions state.

You also need to install the Google USB driver via the SDK Manager I think to generate the other files that need editing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I was messing around with different one clicks since I got ADB going on my kindle fire and I was able to Successfully use SuperOneClick 2.2 to root my kindle fire!

Sorry for the mess. Its late, and I wanted to type this up so I could crash...

To get adb going you must download the android sdk (google it).
    *Run SDKManager.exe and download the google-usb_drivers package from "3rd party tools"
    * Download platform-tools as well

Open a command prompt and run adb update usb to get the .android folder to appear.

goto: %USERPROFILE%\.android and edit the adb_usb.ini and add this to the end of the file and save:
    Code:
    0x1949
    then go into where you have the sdk at and open the google-usb_driver folder and edit android_winusb.inf and add this to the [Google.NTx86] section and [Google.NTamd64] section:
    Code:
    ;Kindle Fire
    %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1949&PID_0006
    %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1949&PID_0006&MI_01
    save and close

If you have already plugged your kindle into the usb you may have to open device manager and find "Kindle" under other devices and choose the android_winusb.inf file.

Turn on Installation of apps from unknown sources: tap the top bar>choose more...(+)>device

open a command prompt and run adb kill-server then try adb devices..

you should see a device listed.

go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682a

download and run SuperOneClick and choose the "root" option. let it go!

Enjoy!

Proof:
    4yZXg.png

YBEUW.png

CX3MV.png
    Why do I have a mac
    Just rooted!

Took a video while rooting, might help those new to root:

Actually an easy fix - the unroot button on superoneclick unroots it, and a reboot restores video playback - the instant video app must have some sort of check in place to see if the device is rooted.