[Recovery] EOS recovery (R6) CWM Based

Search This thread

fvlserevere

May 2, 2011
Issues

Same problem here, restore option stopped (I tried it twice), recovery said there was a problem. Any solutions? (and yes, backups were made with this recovery).

In case it is useful, my data backup is slightly bigger than 2gb.

I wrote something on the matter in the previous page, but I don't know if the trouble cause and the solution are similar such as I had. I hope this can help you out. Sorry me bad english.

Reactions: iruiz2

iruiz2

Jun 23, 2011
I wrote something on the matter in the previous page, but I don't know if the trouble cause and the solution are similar such as I had. I hope this can help you out. Sorry me bad english.

Thank you, I am trying now to restore only the /data part in the advanced restore menu. Will let you know if it works...

EDIT: no luck. I am afraid a full-wipe install is my only option now. And back to 3.2.0.0 cwm recovery, of course!!!

Last edited:

fvlserevere

May 2, 2011
EDIT: no luck. I am afraid a full-wipe install is my only option now. And back to 3.2.0.0 cwm recovery, of course!!![/QUOTE]

What a pity, man. I don't know if relevant, but did you try it in this order: advanced restore 1. Boot, 2. Data and 3. Cache?

banny7000

Dec 27, 2010
This recovery is great for me so far,everything is working for me although I haven't tried flashing a kernel yet.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Muffycheeks

May 3, 2011
SOLARNZ; if you decide to update the "new" recovery would you please bring back the robot background. Also change the color of the type from blue to a more viewable yellow....please!!

penjejakawan

Jul 7, 2011
What is the RIGHT way to flash new rom using R6

Hi,

What is the right ways to flash new rom using EOS recovery R6? Example I from umts #65 to #66.

Previously, I do like this :

1. Wipe Data
2. Wipe Cache
3. Flash ROM
4. Flash GApps(latest)
5. Reboot.

With new recovery, is it this the same ways? I check inside Wipe Data/Factory Reset, only have Yes -- delete all user data.

Would be the same way to flash using this recovery? If I got wrong info, appreciated if someone correct it.

Thanks.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Is there some reason why this EOS recovery doesn't flash the standard Superuser-3.0.7.zip from androidsu.com? The same file flashes fine in TeamRogue recovery, but for whatever reason EOS won't flash it.

Am I the only one having this issue?

Craxx

Feb 16, 2005
Solarnz i hope you can write something to the "problems" ?

Gesendet von meinem MZ601 mit Tapatalk 2

Mandelbrot.Benoit

Nov 12, 2010
Missoula
I used to think the touch part of this recovery was the amazing part but I am quickly realizing its the openscript and goomanager support. Flashing ROMs and gapps has never been easier. Instant notification popups on new releases with near automated installation. Awesome. Thanks.

Craxx

Feb 16, 2005
Solarnz did we get an update?

Gesendet von meinem LG-P990 mit Tapatalk 2

Gynlemon

Jul 31, 2008
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Not a big problem, because I can also use the normal, but the soft keys are too sensitive and often run quickly up or down .. is there a way to adjust the sensitivity?
Thanks Solarnz!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DEPRECIATED. PLEASE USE TWRP INSTEAD

CWM5 Based recovery for the Motorola Xoom.

Main features:
    • Tar backups (Application extraction in Titanium backup)
    • Dual storage support - uses both the internal storage and the external sdcard
    • Openrecovery scripting support - Supports flashing through the GooManager application
    • Softkey version available (based on the original touch recovery for the Galaxy Nexus)

Notes:
    • By default nandroid progress is hidden. To show the nandroid progress, place a file called .shownandroidprogress at /sdcard/clockworkmod
    • Nandroid backups from an earlier recovery will not work.

Installation
    Flash the zip file through recovery.

OR

Flash the image with fastboot
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery eos-recovery-r6.img

Downloads:

Normal version

Softkey Version
    Thread cleaned of junk posts. I left the good ones that say things like:

the devs don't owe you anything

this is not a tech support forum or customer service

devs do this as a hobby, they have families, jobs, homes, etc.

Stay on topic, and be nice to eachother.

@solarnz if you ever need me send a PM, I try my best to take care of developers wishes, thanks for all you do for the community!
    Solarnz please could you post a statement :)

Gesendet von meinem LG-P990 mit Tapatalk 2

I haven't had time to look into these issues yet.

Please remember this is only a hobby, I'm not employed to do any of this.
    I personally want to rape the thanks button for this thread. NO MORE VOLUME BUTTONS!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my Xoom using XDA

WTF.jpg

BAD choice of words dude -
    False sense of hope :'(

http://img.ly/gYiW

The four bottoms on the bottom of the screen are as follows from left to right:
    Back
    Up
    Down
    Enter/Select

The options can't be physically touched. You have to use the soft keys to scroll through the options.

Still better than using the volume rocker and power button but not what I was expecting.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

... What did you think "Softkeys" meant? There is a reason why I didn't say it was a touch recovery...