What is AOSP and AOKP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

iMack007

Jun 3, 2012
London
This never ceases to amaze me.

You could have gotten these answers MUCH faster by typing the text of your exact post into google instead of a post on xda.

Rule 1 of the forums is to search before posting.

Funny you should say that, because that's exactly what I did & lo & behol . I get this thread as a Google search result.

Why did I choose this search result? Because it's being given answered on a well known developer forum which I trust. Therefore, it seems logical to ask such a question here. Thanks to the poster for the answer ;)

Jokesy

May 31, 2011
Lagos
Hi all, What is AOSP and AOKP based of rom? what is the different?

-AOSP stands for Android Open Source Project, and it is headed by Google.

-CYANOGENMOD (CM) is based on AOSP with their own customizations. It is headed by CM team.

-AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It's based on CYANOGEN MOD with their own (more) customizations. It's headed by AOKP team.

***So in summary, ***
-AOKP is more customizable than CYANOGENMOD, faster but a bit less stable than CYANOGENMOD.

-AOKP is compatible with almost any MOD made for CM Roms e.g Themes.

-Any bug present in CYANOGENMOD will also be present in corresponding AOKP version and thus on all AOKP based Roms.

-because AOKP contain it's own bugs + the native bugs present in it's parent CYANOGENMOD, it is a little less stable than corresponding CYANOGENMOD.

I hope this helps everyone.

Swyped from my Samsung Galaxy SII

norpan111

Mar 28, 2010
Halmstad
I searched "what is aosp"and i didn't get xda as answer.. But a ton of other sites explaining

Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk 2

HANDSY

Apr 7, 2012
I did know this but the description you gave was more detailed. Learnt a little, thanks Jokesy.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
Please search before posting.
AOSP= Android Open Source Project, Google's project
AOKP= Android Open Kang Project, Rom maintain by various developers on many devices.

As to which one is faster or stable is really relevant to device and user.

Thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

-AOSP stands for Android Open Source Project, and it is headed by Google.

-CYANOGENMOD (CM) is based on AOSP with their own customizations. It is headed by CM team.

-AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It's based on CYANOGEN MOD with their own (more) customizations. It's headed by AOKP team.

***So in summary, ***
    -AOKP is more customizable than CYANOGENMOD, faster but a bit less stable than CYANOGENMOD.

-AOKP is compatible with almost any MOD made for CM Roms e.g Themes.

-Any bug present in CYANOGENMOD will also be present in corresponding AOKP version and thus on all AOKP based Roms.

-because AOKP contain it's own bugs + the native bugs present in it's parent CYANOGENMOD, it is a little less stable than corresponding CYANOGENMOD.

I hope this helps everyone.

Swyped from my Samsung Galaxy SII
    AOSP stands for Android Open Source Project. This is a 'pure' build and AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. This has features like rom control so you can do that little bit extra with your device

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium
    If I helped you press thanks! :)

You could have gotten these answers MUCH faster by typing the text of your exact post into google instead of a post on xda.

Funny you should say that, because that's exactly what I did & lo & behol . I get this thread as a Google search result.

Why did I choose this search result? Because it's being given answered on a well known developer forum which I trust. Therefore, it seems logical to ask such a question here. Thanks to the poster for the answer ;)