[MOD][TMO][XT1053][4.4] - Delete Carrier Name from Quick Settings/Notification Areas

Search This thread

kuz142

Feb 3, 2013
The title is pretty self-explanatory, this will remove the carrier name from the notification and quick settings panels on any XT1053 (the GSM unlocked Moto X sold for T-Mobile). This may not bother some people, but I have a lot of extra toggles with Gravity Box and like my phones as clean looking as possible, hence this mod.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1)
Download modified SystemUI.apk from bottom of this post
2) BACK UP your phone's original SystemUI.apk and SystemUI.odex from system/priv-app
3)
Delete the SystemUI.odex that you just backed up
4) Copy the new SystemUI.apk to system/priv-app, overwriting the old one
5) Set permissions on the new file to rw- r-- r--
6) Reboot

Optionally, if you want stock Nexus-like network icons in the status bar and no more ugly space between network and wifi bars, download the other file, rename to SystemUI.apk, and follow the instructions with that file. More info on that here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2584351

Before and after pictures:
pQIq14o.png
L3ye6ow.png

Attachments

• SystemUI.apk
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
  • SystemUI_NoCarrier+AOSPSignalBars.apk
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Pachenco

Aug 3, 2015
you can make a tutorial explaining it please

Thank you for your contribution friend, can you tell me how you managed to remove the carrier name in the quicksettings , I have a ROM that has that and want to take it off , we would greatly appreciate you to do a tutorial on how to take that step because my no good me file that you uploaded :):D:D:D

josenavarroe

Aug 27, 2015
Thank you for your contribution friend, can you tell me how you managed to remove the carrier name in the quicksettings , I have a ROM that has that and want to take it off , we would greatly appreciate you to do a tutorial on how to take that step because my no good me file that you uploaded :):D:D:D
I have the same problem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The title is pretty self-explanatory, this will remove the carrier name from the notification and quick settings panels on any XT1053 (the GSM unlocked Moto X sold for T-Mobile). This may not bother some people, but I have a lot of extra toggles with Gravity Box and like my phones as clean looking as possible, hence this mod.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1)
    Download modified SystemUI.apk from bottom of this post
    2) BACK UP your phone's original SystemUI.apk and SystemUI.odex from system/priv-app
    3)
    Delete the SystemUI.odex that you just backed up
    4) Copy the new SystemUI.apk to system/priv-app, overwriting the old one
    5) Set permissions on the new file to rw- r-- r--
    6) Reboot

Optionally, if you want stock Nexus-like network icons in the status bar and no more ugly space between network and wifi bars, download the other file, rename to SystemUI.apk, and follow the instructions with that file. More info on that here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2584351

Before and after pictures:
    pQIq14o.png
    L3ye6ow.png