[FIXED] Google Keyboard Sync greyed out?

Search This thread

Charles Collins

Sep 26, 2009
Belfast
If you use Google Keyboard you might find that the the sync is greyed out under Languages & Keyboard - Google Keyboard - Accounts & Privacy. To fix this you need to go one page back and click on Text Correction and scroll down and make sure Suggest Contact Names is on. Go back to Accounts and Privacy and sync should be turned on.

Nidzo80

Sep 3, 2011
Beograd
Suggest Contact names is on but it's still greyed out. I have two business accounts but even when I deleted them and leave my personal account and reboot phone I get same situation[emoji37]

Solution that worked for me: https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/play/TwMzsY5xAf0/eFT3N2KiDgAJ
a326d600b499f78c2128fd1778d5bcca.jpg

Last edited:

CJSnet

Oct 1, 2005
www.superhighstreet.com
For Samsung devices with latest Secure Folder, Google Keyboard dictionary sync gives a false error about having a "Work account". The only solution is to uninstall Secure Folder = unacceptable.

Please leave Google feedback about this on the play store reviews and via Feedback from within the keyboard settings menu.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: matale0

elpopa

Dec 7, 2012
Was this solved in meanwhile?

I still have the same issue on Samsung Galaxy A5.
Cannot sync learned words accros devices

I disabled secure folder but still the same issue.
Uninstalling it (from the app settings menu) does not remove everything related to secure folder. It just uninstalls the secure folder setup you did.

Tx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you use Google Keyboard you might find that the the sync is greyed out under Languages & Keyboard - Google Keyboard - Accounts & Privacy. To fix this you need to go one page back and click on Text Correction and scroll down and make sure Suggest Contact Names is on. Go back to Accounts and Privacy and sync should be turned on.
    For Samsung devices with latest Secure Folder, Google Keyboard dictionary sync gives a false error about having a "Work account". The only solution is to uninstall Secure Folder = unacceptable.

Please leave Google feedback about this on the play store reviews and via Feedback from within the keyboard settings menu.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk