Experiencing battery drain on new phone

Search This thread

wickedspice

Apr 21, 2012
Mumbai
I bought my OP7 7 days ago , I have been experiencing poor battery life from day 1. SOT is around 3 to 4 hours , standby time is around 22 hours. If I leave the phone idle for an hour , the battery percentage drops 4 percent without any activity . I do remember receiving an OTA update on the first boot , I don't know if that was the culprit or I have been sold a lemon. I have waited for a week hoping that the battery life would improve after a few charge cycles but there has been no change.
Is everybody else facing the same issue , especially those who are on 9.5.x ?

RaduNastase

May 12, 2015
I have to say that i do not experience any issues like that. The overnight drain is minimal, a few % over 8 - 9 hours, and overall the screen time is as expected (i daily play some extremely CPU heavy games for a couple of hours and i still get around 5 hours of screen).

rafael667

Nov 12, 2012
I'm also experiencing the same issues. When phone idle abnormal battery drain.
Can you tell me if the phone with the cellular data turned off, uses data from your plan? Can you see that?

ashwany.yadav

Mar 31, 2016
I had same issue with my phone so then I returned it to Amazon and I received replacement which is working fine and giving good battery backup.

rafael667

Nov 12, 2012
I had same issue with my phone so then I returned it to Amazon and I received replacement which is working fine and giving good battery backup.
I made 2 returns, I'm now with the third phone and still had the same issue. I'm losing my mind how is that possible. And for sure is all new phones with different imei.

Teso79

Aug 30, 2012
Every user has different usage profiles.
If your phone is rooted install Better Battery stats or FK to get detailed info about the rogue process that may be consuming more battery than it should.

Cheers

rafael667

Nov 12, 2012
Every user has different usage profiles.
If your phone is rooted install Better Battery stats or FK to get detailed info about the rogue process that may be consuming more battery than it should.

Cheers

I'm not a heavy usage user.
I'm not rooted but installed a similar app. I'll collect data and will post the screenshots.