[Guide] LG G3 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock) KDZ & TOT Method With LGUP

Search This thread

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Here are all the current KDZ files for flashing Your G3 Back to Stock!

NOTICE! - IF you download fails or does not download all the way USE A DOWNLOAD MANAGER!, Files that are usually over 1GB browsers have issues downloading them especially if you have a slow connection.

First Off Not Responsible if you flash the wrong one!!!!

For TOT Method for AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and other models, guide is located below this post in Post #2

To Downgrade/upgrade to/from MM 6.0 You'll need to use LGUP in Post #3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to flash ROM KDZ Method

The Guide BELOW IS WORKING so if you have issues please check out the videos in the thread link at the end of the guide to hopefully help you out, If someone wants to make a clean new guide please PM me so I can post it up and Give credit [emoji4] Thank you! WARNING: Windows 8 and 8.1 Are having Permission issues, I don`t use Windows 8 so Googleling would help for running the script that needs permission.

The Files are Hosted on my server for fast speeds! Most if not all NEEDED KDZ files are on my Server [emoji4]

1). Download all The Files Below!

KDZ Firmware Files: http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+G3/Stock/

First off I`d like to THANK @quangnhut123 for making a new way & easy way to flash the KDZ Method:))

The Files are Hosted on my server for fast speeds! Most if not all NEEDED KDZ files are on my Server [emoji4]

1) Firmware Files - HERE!

2) Download LG Drivers - LG Drivers Here - 10.9 Mb

2.1)Verizon Drivers (Verizon Only)LG_VZW_United_v2.22.0.exe - 7.8 Mb

3) Download LG Flash Tool 2014 tool and extract - LG_Flash_Tool_2014.zip - 3.1 Mb

4) Enter to Download Mode and plug USB into your PC

5) Run LGFlashTool2014.exe and do as following pictures :

(If you cannot run LGFlashTool2014.exe, please install Visual C++ Runtime Library) - Download HERE

Normal Flash: Flash ROM without losing any data. Only use this when you need to fix system error. Beware of boot loop when flashing ROM that differ from current ROM on your phone or MOD ROM.

CSE Flash: Choose this option when you need a fresh format. All data will be gone. It's suitable for upgrading or downgrading ROM or simply use this when you need to back to Stock.

lgflashtool_step1.png

lgflashtool_step2.png

No need to choose desired language, it automatically change to English as a default setting.

lgflashtool_step3.png

Wait until 100% to complete !

REMEMBER if you get Bootlooping after flashing perform a factory hard reset!

Instructions Here: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-7590

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2015 (updated with pictures) TOT Method!

RETURN TO STOCK TOT METHOD!, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, & a The few International TOT`s that are available

How to Flash YouTube Video:

1.Download Everything!

1.1)Download Both Stock Image & DLL File – Download Here

1.2)Download LG FlashTools V1.8 - Setup_LGFlashTool_1.8.1.1023.exe - 9.3 Mb

1.3)Download Drivers (Any LG Phone) - Here (Verizon Only) – Here

1.4)Megalock DLL File - Megalock.dll Download

Install:

2.Install LG Drviers

3.Install Flashtool (Don’t run it yet)

4.Extract the TOT file from the Zip

5.Copy MegaLock.dll file to C:\LG\LGFlashtool (This might be a hidden folder so enable "hidden folders". Replace the old MegaLock.dll file)

6.Power off your Device & or pull battery (G3),(G Pro),(G Flex)

7.Press and hold the Vol UP Key and plug in the USB cable to your phone you should now see “Firmware Update/Download Mode” and be in Download mode.

8.Open up Device Manger on your PC

8.1)Click on ports and double click LGEModem

8.2)Go to Port Settings Tab and click Advanced

8.3)Change COM Port to COM41 and click Okay.

8.4)After this you may need to rereboot your phone back into download mode.

1.JPG

2.JPG

9.Run LG Flashtool as Administrator

10.Select Manual Mode at the top

11.Click The DLL Box and choose the DLL file from Above meant for your device

12.Click the S/W box and select the firmware file with the .tot extension, Then Click OK when done.

3.JPG

13.Now Click the Yellow Arrow Button at the top left, The Firmware install will be triggered

4.JPG

14.You may need to unplug/replug phone before Firmware install will start (If it does nothing after clicking the yellow button

15. Should take anywhere between 4-8 Minutes, When its done your phone should reboot

16. LG G3 Only, After reboot you will be presented with a Factory reset screen, Just pull battery and put it back in and it should boot right up!

Do NOT Close the FlashTool Window during firmware update.

99% of the time FlashTool will FAIL after 85% anything after 85% is just your phone rebooting so your safe :)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2014 TOT Method (Old/Outdated)​

RETURN TO STOCK TOT Method! AT&T & Sprint Verzion & The Few International TOTs I have available Also T-Mobile Can be Flashed back this way if you are having issues!

Download

1. Download Both Stock Image File & DLL file - Download

2. LGFlashTools v1.8 - Setup_LGFlashTool_1.8.1.1023.exe - 9.3 Mb

3).Download Drivers (ANY LG Phone)- LGUnitedMobileDriverVer_3.8.1.exe - 10.6 Mb

3.2) Download Drivers (Verizon Only) - LG_VZW_United_WHQL_v2.11.1.exe - 7.8 Mb

4.Megalock DLL File: Megalock.dll Download

Credit to @madmack for making most of this Guide for the G Pro Which also works on our G2!

Install:

1. Install the LG drivers downloaded above.

2. Install LGFlashTools v1.8 (but don't run it)

3. Extract the TOT file from the ZIP

When LG Flash Tool is installed, do not launch it.

7) Copy MegaLock.dll to C:\LG\LGFlashTool, This is a hidden folder so enable "hidden folders". Replace the old MegaLock.dll file if you have already installed LG Flash Tool on your computer.

8) When the firmware is downloaded, boot your LG G2 into Download Mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up key and then plug the USB cable.

9) Launch LG Flash Tool.

You might see a window with Korean language, just click on OK.

Check the Select Manual Mode on the top.

10) MAKE SURE UNDER, DEVICE MANAGER, YOUR PORT IS SET TO COM 41 FOR YOUR DEVICE.

11) Click the DLL box and choose the dll file from above for you phone model.

12) Click the S/W box and select the firmware file with .tot extension.(the 2.04 gb file from above)

13) Now click the Yellow arrow button on the top left of the main window.

The firmware installation will be triggered.

Ignore if you see any temporary error and just wait patiently till it is finished.

Do not close the Flash Tool window.

14) Press and hold power button until phone turns off, leaving usb cable connected to device AND computer ,immediately hold volume up button until phone boots it into Download Mode.

Your LG G2 will restart showing firmware installation progress in percent (%).

When all is done, reboot your phone and enjoy!

Credit to@jimgustafson74 for making a cleaner guide for the TOT Method :)

Remember if you have bootloop or stuck on LG Logo after flashing make sure you FACTORY RESET!

Extra Important Info:

To Fix ANY Driver issues make sure you reboot your computer after removing and then re-install again, Also try different USB ports or USB cable or try another PC.

Also try this for any driver issues: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53313255&postcount=5400

My Links are ALWAYS hosted on MY servers for NO Downtime! If My site does NOT have what your looking for PM me or post what you want and I will try and get it for you:)

Feel Free to support me by helping with Server Costs, Late night Beer, and Coffee if you feel my work has helped you [emoji4] Thank you!

Thank you so much!

Donations: @avinash Rajkumar, @penone1130, @nilesd

Last edited:

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Back to Stock with LGUP D855

RETURN TO STOCK TOT METHOD!, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, & a The few International TOT`s that are available

1. Download Everything!
1.1) Download Both Stock Image & DLL File – Download Here
1.2) Download LG FlashTools V1.8 - Setup_LGFlashTool_1.8.1.1023.exe - 9.3 Mb
1.3) Download Drivers (Any LG Phone) - Here (Verizon Only) – Here
1.4) Megalock DLL File - Megalock.dll Download

Install:
2. Install LG Drviers
3. Install Flashtool (Don’t run it yet)
4. Extract the TOT file from the Zip
5. Copy MegaLock.dll file to C:\LG\LGFlashtool (This might be a hidden folder so enable "hidden folders". Replace the old MegaLock.dll file)

6. Power off your Device & or pull battery (G3),(G Pro),(G Flex)
7. Press and hold the Vol UP Key and plug in the USB cable to your phone you should now see “Firmware Update/Download Mode” and be in Download mode.

8. Open up Device Manger on your PC
8.1) Click on ports and double click LGEModem
8.2) Go to Port Settings Tab and click Advanced
8.3) Change COM Port to COM41 and click Okay.
8.4) After this you may need to rereboot your phone back into download mode.
1.JPG

2.JPG

9. Run LG Flashtool as Administrator
10. Select Manual Mode at the top
11. Click The DLL Box and choose the DLL file from Above meant for your device
12. Click the S/W box and select the firmware file with the .tot extension, Then Click OK when done.
3.JPG

13. Now Click the Yellow Arrow Button at the top left, The Firmware install will be triggered
4.JPG

14. You may need to unplug/replug phone before Firmware install will start (If it does nothing after clicking the yellow button

15. Should take anywhere between 4-8 Minutes, When its done your phone should reboot

16. LG G3 Only, After reboot you will be presented with a Factory reset screen, Just pull battery and put it back in and it should boot right up!

99% of the time FlashTool will FAIL after 85% anything after 85% is just your phone rebooting so your safe :)

Last edited:

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington

LGUP Video Guide - Thanks to @KiaTheKing !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPKcuYwDoxY

NEW LGUP Method. This one method can do BOTH TOT & KDZ!! Thanks To @shakeyabooti![/U][/B] Suggested use for the D855 ONLY! Other models use the previous methods.
Notes: This method is REQUIRED for flashing MM KDZ files downgrade from MM or upgrade to MM you must use this new method. Old KDZ method you cannot downgrade from MM.

Download Files - LGUP_LG_G3.zip - 16.9 Mb
KDZ & TOT files Here - http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+G3/Stock/

This is the NEW KDZ Method for the LG G3!!! Thanks to @shakeyabooti !!

NEW software!!!!!...... LGUP WILL FLASH YOUR KDZ files
Download LGUP from here: http://oceanhost.eu/545euinlq0hw/LGUP_LG_G3.zip.htm
Install LGUP_8994_DLL first and then LGUP
Make sure you have downloaded the required KDZ file MM or LP
Start LGUP prog on your computer "make sure your phone is plugged in"
If you have a problem that LGUP does not see your LG G3, leave your mobile connected via USB and leave LGUP running, restart your mobile, hopefully this will solve the problem.

TO UPGRADE TO MM from LP - make sure BIN file is ticked and in the File Path point it towards the MM KDZ you have downloaded. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CLICKED UPGRADE! This will update you from LP to MM with out wiping any of your info. Press Start. Make cup of tea and be patient

TO DO A FULL WIPE AND INSTALL MM - Open the LGUP on your computer. FILE PATH point it towards the MM KDZ.
IMPORTANT!!!!!!! shut down LGUP!
Now open LGUP again - you will notice that the MM KDZ will still be showing in the FILE PATH section. Select REFURBISH and make sure BIN file is ticked. Press Start. Make cup of tea and be patient

TO GO BACK TO LP FROM MM - Open LGUP on your computer, click on FILE PATH and point it towards your LP KDZ. Close LGUP and re-open LGUP. Make sure you select REFURBISH this will do a full wipe, tick BIN file. Press Start. Make cup of tea and be patient

If you are worried about losing your data after a full wipe, why not use the LG Bridge software to backup and restore.... it works fine!
YOU WILL LOSE ROOT!
There is no need to enter download mode! LGUP will do it for you.
Original thread by schafi03 http://www.android-hilfe.de/thema/a...er-zurueck-auf-android-5.733674/#post-9342963
Thank You schafi03

Last edited:

ng_tim

Jun 28, 2009
Too bad HKG version of the rom (D855) is not available as yet, hope this will be available soon.
Many thanks for your hard work on consolidation. :)

T.R.A.N.C.E.

Jun 30, 2014
I bought an F400L, but it seems that the Honk Kong shop I bought it from has flashed it with a F400K rom (presumably because it has less bloatware), I am a noob and am wondering if they had to root it to do this (and how do I find out if my phone is still rooted) and if I will still be able to do an official over the air update when LG releases one?

Reactions: jak3r777

windwave

May 7, 2010
I bought an F400L, but it seems that the Honk Kong shop I bought it from has flashed it with a F400K rom (presumably because it has less bloatware), I am a noob and am wondering if they had to root it to do this (and how do I find out if my phone is still rooted) and if I will still be able to do an official over the air update when LG releases one?

Hi, I'm in the same boat, also bought from a HK ebay store. The 400L came with 400K rom and now I can't update it...which shop did you buy from?

Reactions: overon37
In the OP I just haven't fixed the links but if you go to the G2 guide I made long ago the links are there and just follow the g2 guide. My g3 guide is pretty much the same as mg g2 guide you just use G3 firmwares

I admire your patience. I used your guide with my G2. Same questions day after day.......

By the way, I'm now using windows 9, how do I get this to work? :D

mariotme

Feb 7, 2011
Amman
Thanks OP.
I used your guide and files on my g2.
Would like to ask if it's possible to obtain the middle eastern files.

gu5e6u4a.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tute123456

Japultra

Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Hi, I may just be having a brain fart, but I get lost when I get to these steps:

10) MAKE SURE UNDER, DEVICE MANAGER, YOUR PORT IS SET TO COM 41 FOR YOUR DEVICE.

10) I'm assuming the device manager is the window underneath the flash tool window? If so, I can't access that window until I'm done with the one on top (the Select Manual Mode window).

11) Since this is a KDZ file, what are the appropriate steps?

Thank you!

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Hi, I may just be having a brain fart, but I get lost when I get to these steps:

10) I'm assuming the device manager is the window underneath the flash tool window? If so, I can't access that window until I'm done with the one on top (the Select Manual Mode window).

11) Since this is a KDZ file, what are the appropriate steps?

Thank you!
Please read the entire OP.. There's 2 different methods. 1st method is kdz. 2nd method is tot, the method you quoted is for the tot method.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here are all the current KDZ files for flashing Your G3 Back to Stock!

NOTICE! - IF you download fails or does not download all the way USE A DOWNLOAD MANAGER!, Files that are usually over 1GB browsers have issues downloading them especially if you have a slow connection.

First Off Not Responsible if you flash the wrong one!!!!

For TOT Method for AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and other models, guide is located below this post in Post #2

To Downgrade/upgrade to/from MM 6.0 You'll need to use LGUP in Post #3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Guide BELOW IS WORKING so if you have issues please check out the videos in the thread link at the end of the guide to hopefully help you out, If someone wants to make a clean new guide please PM me so I can post it up and Give credit [emoji4] Thank you! WARNING: Windows 8 and 8.1 Are having Permission issues, I don`t use Windows 8 so Googleling would help for running the script that needs permission.

KDZ Firmware Files: http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+G3/Stock/

First off I`d like to THANK @quangnhut123 for making a new way & easy way to flash the KDZ Method:))

1) Firmware Files - HERE!

2) Download LG Drivers - LG Drivers Here - 10.9 Mb

2.1)Verizon Drivers (Verizon Only)LG_VZW_United_v2.22.0.exe - 7.8 Mb

3) Download LG Flash Tool 2014 tool and extract - LG_Flash_Tool_2014.zip - 3.1 Mb

4) Enter to Download Mode and plug USB into your PC

5) Run LGFlashTool2014.exe and do as following pictures :

(If you cannot run LGFlashTool2014.exe, please install Visual C++ Runtime Library) - Download HERE

Normal Flash: Flash ROM without losing any data. Only use this when you need to fix system error. Beware of boot loop when flashing ROM that differ from current ROM on your phone or MOD ROM.

CSE Flash: Choose this option when you need a fresh format. All data will be gone. It's suitable for upgrading or downgrading ROM or simply use this when you need to back to Stock.

lgflashtool_step1.png

lgflashtool_step2.png

No need to choose desired language, it automatically change to English as a default setting.

lgflashtool_step3.png

Wait until 100% to complete !

1.Download Everything!

1.1)Download Both Stock Image & DLL File – Download Here

1.2)Download LG FlashTools V1.8 - Setup_LGFlashTool_1.8.1.1023.exe - 9.3 Mb

1.3)Download Drivers (Any LG Phone) - Here (Verizon Only) – Here

1.4)Megalock DLL File - Megalock.dll Download

Install:

2.Install LG Drviers

3.Install Flashtool (Don’t run it yet)

4.Extract the TOT file from the Zip

5.Copy MegaLock.dll file to C:\LG\LGFlashtool (This might be a hidden folder so enable "hidden folders". Replace the old MegaLock.dll file)

6.Power off your Device & or pull battery (G3),(G Pro),(G Flex)

7.Press and hold the Vol UP Key and plug in the USB cable to your phone you should now see “Firmware Update/Download Mode” and be in Download mode.

8.Open up Device Manger on your PC

8.1)Click on ports and double click LGEModem

8.2)Go to Port Settings Tab and click Advanced

8.3)Change COM Port to COM41 and click Okay.

8.4)After this you may need to rereboot your phone back into download mode.

1.JPG

2.JPG

9.Run LG Flashtool as Administrator

10.Select Manual Mode at the top

11.Click The DLL Box and choose the DLL file from Above meant for your device

12.Click the S/W box and select the firmware file with the .tot extension, Then Click OK when done.

3.JPG

13.Now Click the Yellow Arrow Button at the top left, The Firmware install will be triggered

4.JPG

14.You may need to unplug/replug phone before Firmware install will start (If it does nothing after clicking the yellow button

2014 TOT Method (Old/Outdated)​

RETURN TO STOCK TOT Method! AT&T & Sprint Verzion & The Few International TOTs I have available Also T-Mobile Can be Flashed back this way if you are having issues!

Download

1. Download Both Stock Image File & DLL file - Download

2. LGFlashTools v1.8 - Setup_LGFlashTool_1.8.1.1023.exe - 9.3 Mb

3).Download Drivers (ANY LG Phone)- LGUnitedMobileDriverVer_3.8.1.exe - 10.6 Mb

3.2) Download Drivers (Verizon Only) - LG_VZW_United_WHQL_v2.11.1.exe - 7.8 Mb

4.Megalock DLL File: Megalock.dll Download

Credit to @madmack for making most of this Guide for the G Pro Which also works on our G2!

Install:

1. Install the LG drivers downloaded above.

2. Install LGFlashTools v1.8 (but don't run it)

3. Extract the TOT file from the ZIP

When LG Flash Tool is installed, do not launch it.

7) Copy MegaLock.dll to C:\LG\LGFlashTool, This is a hidden folder so enable "hidden folders". Replace the old MegaLock.dll file if you have already installed LG Flash Tool on your computer.

8) When the firmware is downloaded, boot your LG G2 into Download Mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up key and then plug the USB cable.

9) Launch LG Flash Tool.

You might see a window with Korean language, just click on OK.

Check the Select Manual Mode on the top.

12) Click the S/W box and select the firmware file with .tot extension.(the 2.04 gb file from above)

13) Now click the Yellow arrow button on the top left of the main window.

The firmware installation will be triggered.

Ignore if you see any temporary error and just wait patiently till it is finished.

Do not close the Flash Tool window.

14) Press and hold power button until phone turns off, leaving usb cable connected to device AND computer ,immediately hold volume up button until phone boots it into Download Mode.

Your LG G2 will restart showing firmware installation progress in percent (%).

When all is done, reboot your phone and enjoy!

Credit to@jimgustafson74 for making a cleaner guide for the TOT Method :)

Remember if you have bootloop or stuck on LG Logo after flashing make sure you FACTORY RESET!

Extra Important Info:

To Fix ANY Driver issues make sure you reboot your computer after removing and then re-install again, Also try different USB ports or USB cable or try another PC.

Also try this for any driver issues: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53313255&postcount=5400

My Links are ALWAYS hosted on MY servers for NO Downtime! If My site does NOT have what your looking for PM me or post what you want and I will try and get it for you:)

Feel Free to support me by helping with Server Costs, Late night Beer, and Coffee if you feel my work has helped you [emoji4] Thank you!

Thank you so much!

Donations: @avinash Rajkumar, @penone1130, @nilesd

LGUP Video Guide - Thanks to @KiaTheKing !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPKcuYwDoxY

NEW LGUP Method. This one method can do BOTH TOT & KDZ!! Thanks To @shakeyabooti![/U][/B] Suggested use for the D855 ONLY! Other models use the previous methods.
    Notes: This method is REQUIRED for flashing MM KDZ files downgrade from MM or upgrade to MM you must use this new method. Old KDZ method you cannot downgrade from MM.

Download Files - LGUP_LG_G3.zip - 16.9 Mb
    KDZ & TOT files Here - http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+G3/Stock/

This is the NEW KDZ Method for the LG G3!!! Thanks to @shakeyabooti !!

NEW software!!!!!...... LGUP WILL FLASH YOUR KDZ files
    Download LGUP from here: http://oceanhost.eu/545euinlq0hw/LGUP_LG_G3.zip.htm
    Install LGUP_8994_DLL first and then LGUP
    Make sure you have downloaded the required KDZ file MM or LP
    Start LGUP prog on your computer "make sure your phone is plugged in"
    If you have a problem that LGUP does not see your LG G3, leave your mobile connected via USB and leave LGUP running, restart your mobile, hopefully this will solve the problem.

TO UPGRADE TO MM from LP - make sure BIN file is ticked and in the File Path point it towards the MM KDZ you have downloaded. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CLICKED UPGRADE! This will update you from LP to MM with out wiping any of your info. Press Start. Make cup of tea and be patient

TO DO A FULL WIPE AND INSTALL MM - Open the LGUP on your computer. FILE PATH point it towards the MM KDZ.
    IMPORTANT!!!!!!! shut down LGUP!
    Now open LGUP again - you will notice that the MM KDZ will still be showing in the FILE PATH section. Select REFURBISH and make sure BIN file is ticked. Press Start. Make cup of tea and be patient

TO GO BACK TO LP FROM MM - Open LGUP on your computer, click on FILE PATH and point it towards your LP KDZ. Close LGUP and re-open LGUP. Make sure you select REFURBISH this will do a full wipe, tick BIN file. Press Start. Make cup of tea and be patient

If you are worried about losing your data after a full wipe, why not use the LG Bridge software to backup and restore.... it works fine!
    YOU WILL LOSE ROOT!
    There is no need to enter download mode! LGUP will do it for you.
    Original thread by schafi03 http://www.android-hilfe.de/thema/a...er-zurueck-auf-android-5.733674/#post-9342963
    Thank You schafi03
    Back to Stock with LGUP D855

1. Download Everything!
    1.1) Download Both Stock Image & DLL File – Download Here
    1.2) Download LG FlashTools V1.8 - Setup_LGFlashTool_1.8.1.1023.exe - 9.3 Mb
    1.3) Download Drivers (Any LG Phone) - Here (Verizon Only) – Here
    1.4) Megalock DLL File - Megalock.dll Download

Install:
    2. Install LG Drviers
    3. Install Flashtool (Don’t run it yet)
    4. Extract the TOT file from the Zip
    5. Copy MegaLock.dll file to C:\LG\LGFlashtool (This might be a hidden folder so enable "hidden folders". Replace the old MegaLock.dll file)

6. Power off your Device & or pull battery (G3),(G Pro),(G Flex)
    7. Press and hold the Vol UP Key and plug in the USB cable to your phone you should now see “Firmware Update/Download Mode” and be in Download mode.

8. Open up Device Manger on your PC
    8.1) Click on ports and double click LGEModem
    8.2) Go to Port Settings Tab and click Advanced
    8.3) Change COM Port to COM41 and click Okay.
    8.4) After this you may need to rereboot your phone back into download mode.
    1.JPG

2.JPG

9. Run LG Flashtool as Administrator
    10. Select Manual Mode at the top
    11. Click The DLL Box and choose the DLL file from Above meant for your device
    12. Click the S/W box and select the firmware file with the .tot extension, Then Click OK when done.
    3.JPG

13. Now Click the Yellow Arrow Button at the top left, The Firmware install will be triggered
    4.JPG

14. You may need to unplug/replug phone before Firmware install will start (If it does nothing after clicking the yellow button

flash tool link?
    thx
    In the OP I just haven't fixed the links but if you go to the G2 guide I made long ago the links are there and just follow the g2 guide. My g3 guide is pretty much the same as mg g2 guide you just use G3 firmwares