[GUIDE] ICS Theming Discussion/Guide

Search This thread

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
@MrDSL mms.apk takes it from theme.holo.light
framework-res.apk\res\drawable-nodpi\background_holo_light.png

just an idea:

okay ill look into that tonight..

i may be wasting my time because i think cm9 will eventually add the black color option to Mms.apk like they did with cm7 but its hard for me to wait.

i do know I can flash a inverted Mms.apk and its all black without any framework changes.

mario_fe

Aug 15, 2011
San Juan
Hi sonny could I apply this on gingerbread 2.3.3?
Because i think this it's just for cm7
If i am wrong please apologyse

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk 2

m1keyb

Dec 23, 2011
Can anyone help me with this?
I need to change the color of the App Storage in Settings. I'm guessing it's xml but I've looked through the settings.apk and framework_res and can't find anything that sounds related.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10146944-orig.png

I'm not totally sure but I think that's in settings smali somewhere. I had a quick look but I don't really know what i'm looking for ;)

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
Does anyone have a download for Apkmanager (5.0.2) ?

The web site has been down for over a week..

Apr 11, 2010
@AvatarOfFrost only for settings?? you can disable gradient in one quick step (for every single app itself), but if you wanna use other one then whole system will use it as well

How do I make it so that the whole system is using another image? i don't like the gradient

Last edited:

ZduneX25

Recognized Themer
Nov 4, 2010
miuipolska.pl
Xiaomi Redmi 2
Xiaomi Mi 5
@AvatarOfFrost if you wanna disable gradient onlt for settings then decompile .apk open AndroidManifest.xml and look for:
<application android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Holo" android:label="@string/settings_label" android:icon="@mipmap/ic_launcher_settings" android:taskAffinity="" android:hardwareAccelerated="true" android:uiOptions="splitActionBarWhenNarrow">

and set:
android:hardwareAccelerated="false"

Reactions: qaliza

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fellow themers,

I have started putting together this guide for theming ICS. Some stuff I figured out myself and some was done by others so credit to all who figured it out first.

Please post your findings as well and I will add them here.

Happy theming.

GUIDE

Tools:

Update your sdk to 4.0
    Latest Apkmanager (5.0.2) (make sure you replace the aapt with the latest one from your 4.0 sdk install/ Apk Multi-Tool
    Latest Apktool

Install the framework:

Code:
    apktool if framework-res.apk

Framework Compilation Errors:

You will notice that you get a lot of 'plurals.xml line 79' errors when trying to compile the framework.

You have to go the line 79 in each xml that gave an error and add a % in front of the 2nd %d.

For example in values/plurals.xml, change the following:

Code:
    <item quantity="other">%d of %d</item>

to:

Code:
    <item quantity="other">%d of %%d</item>

It will compile ok after that.

Clock/Carrier/Ticker/Text Highlight colors:

In framework-res/res/values/colors.xml, change the following to your desired hex color code:

Code:
    <color name="holo_blue_light"></color>
    <color name="holo_blue_dark"></color>
    <color name="highlighted_text_holo_dark"></color>
    <color name="highlighted_text_holo_light"></color>

Notifications background color:

In SystemUI/res/values/drawables.xml, change the following to your desired hex color code:

Code:
        <item type="drawable" name="notification_item_background_color"></item>
        <item type="drawable" name="notification_item_background_color_pressed"></item>
        <item type="drawable" name="status_bar_notification_row_background_color"></item>
        </item>

Changing the statusbar image:

In SystemUI/res/values/drawables.xml, change this one line and change the corresponding image in drawable-hdpi/xhdpi:

Code:
        <drawable name="status_bar_background">@drawable/status_bar_bg_tile</drawable>
        </item>

Changing the notification pulldown image:

In SystemUI/res/layout/status_bar_tracking.xml, add ---android:background="@drawable/pulldown"--- to the first line and add the corresponding image in drawable-hdpi/xhdpi:

Code:
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TrackingView android:orientation="vertical" android:background="@drawable/pulldown" android:paddingLeft="0.0px" android:paddingRight="0.0px" android:paddingBottom="0.0px" android:focusable="true" android:visibility="gone" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"

Removing the tint that Google inexplicably added to all the notifications:

In SystemUI/res/values/dimens.xml, change this value to anything you like:

Code:
        <item type="dimen" name="status_bar_icon_drawing_alpha"></item>
        </item>

Changing it to 100% will get rid of the tint altogether.
    Reserved for later...
    One more for later...
    @AvatarOfFrost you said it's different for other places, but IMO it's global: \framework-res\res\drawable-nodpi\background_holo_dark.png
    Okay thanks a lot! It's seems I didn't even have to make the edit myself lol. You were correct. After looking through rom control I found a setting for icon transparency.... I changed it to 100% and all is well now. Thanks again! Now off to theme chooser land :)

Sent from my US HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Glad it helped. Just remember that if there are any settings in rom control Any XML settings for that will not work. So just double check first

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2