Bootloader unlock tool *NOW* available for Transformer TF300T from Asus website.

Search This thread

maspro

Aug 10, 2008
Quote from the Asus Global website, on the tab "download" choose "Android" as OS, then browse to "Utilities" and download the bootloader unlock tool, it dates from 22 may 2012:

http://support.asus.com/download.as...rmer+Pad+TF300T&os=&hashedid=8BmzkQ4yoz5WzBrW

Unlock Device App: Unlock boot loader.
Notice:
1. Only suitable for Andriod4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS version.
2. Before you download, install, and use the Unlock Device App you acknowledge and assume complete risk to the quality and performance of this App, including but not limited to the following: once you activate the App you will not be able to recover your ASUS product (“Original Product”) back to original locked conditions;the Original Product with the activated App will not be deemed the Original Product; the Revised Product will no longer be covered under the warranty of the Original Product; the software of Revised Product will no longer be deemed the software of the Original Product and can no longer receive ASUS software updates; your purchased digital content may also be affected.

You also acknowledge ASUS does not guarantee service satisfaction to any Revised Product, including events involving paid service requested by you to be performed to the Revised Product.
Furthermore, such repaired Revised Product will not be covered under the warranty of the Original Product; the software of the repaired Revised Product will not be deemed the software of the Original Product and will not receive ASUS software updates.

It is strongly advised that you avoid activating this App unless you fully understand and accept the risks that may arise.

This tool now only works with TF300T ICS of TW,US,WW SKU. It won’t work on other devices.

Download .apk file: Click here
Download Windows installer: Click here

SWEET!! :)

Last edited:

maspro

Aug 10, 2008
Last edited:

maspro

Aug 10, 2008
Yup indeed, so there is no real use anymore from getting official Asus updates after unlocking it, since custom roms will most likely include the updates taken from the official Asus/Google source code.

Last edited:

wideopn11

Jan 14, 2011
Nice! Thanks to everyone who signed the petition. Don't know if it helped or not but it couldn't have hurt.

maspro

Aug 10, 2008
I wonder you'll be able to install the updates from their website?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA

What I think what would happen when you try to install an official update from Asus on an unlocked tablet, is that you likely get an error message that the device is not suitable to install the update.

But try it and find out.. ;)

EndlessDissent

Oct 18, 2010
Chicago
Wow. I can't wait to use this. Unfortunately, due to hardware problems with my first two tablets, I think I'll wait a couple weeks to make sure this new one isn't defective. That should give devs some time to get some ROMs and a recovery going on this thing.

psjw12

Jun 21, 2010
Staines
What I think what would happen when you try to install an official update from Asus on an unlocked tablet, is that you likely get an error message that the device is not suitable to install the update.

But try it and find out.. ;)

I'm not going to be the Guinea pig ;)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA

oxterc

Aug 16, 2010
That is, the auto-update functionality will normally be disabled by the Custom-ROM designers in case of changes that could brick your device.

Think of it like a car with a locked engine room, and the "Audi"-factory has the key:

By unlocking the engine room, you can start replacing anything you'd like. If you then apply major changes, there are no guarantee that OEM-parts will function directly in your customized engine. You can however replace everything back to stock, and will then again be able to apply OEM-parts to update your engine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quote from the Asus Global website, on the tab "download" choose "Android" as OS, then browse to "Utilities" and download the bootloader unlock tool, it dates from 22 may 2012:

http://support.asus.com/download.as...rmer+Pad+TF300T&os=&hashedid=8BmzkQ4yoz5WzBrW

Unlock Device App: Unlock boot loader.
    Notice:
    1. Only suitable for Andriod4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS version.
    2. Before you download, install, and use the Unlock Device App you acknowledge and assume complete risk to the quality and performance of this App, including but not limited to the following: once you activate the App you will not be able to recover your ASUS product (“Original Product”) back to original locked conditions;the Original Product with the activated App will not be deemed the Original Product; the Revised Product will no longer be covered under the warranty of the Original Product; the software of Revised Product will no longer be deemed the software of the Original Product and can no longer receive ASUS software updates; your purchased digital content may also be affected.

You also acknowledge ASUS does not guarantee service satisfaction to any Revised Product, including events involving paid service requested by you to be performed to the Revised Product.
    Furthermore, such repaired Revised Product will not be covered under the warranty of the Original Product; the software of the repaired Revised Product will not be deemed the software of the Original Product and will not receive ASUS software updates.

It is strongly advised that you avoid activating this App unless you fully understand and accept the risks that may arise.

This tool now only works with TF300T ICS of TW,US,WW SKU. It won’t work on other devices.

Download .apk file: Click here
    Download Windows installer: Click here

SWEET!! :)
    Delete google account

Hi everyone,

I know it's an old post but I hope this will help someone who have the same problem.
    I add the same problem than you : my google password was always incorrect, even after registrating my TF300T. And finally, I found a solution : I deleted my Google account from my tablet and retry to unlock the bootloader ; it asked me if I wanted to unlock my device without a google account and I confirm. It worked !
    Thank u , but nope!!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA
    So how do you get the updates then?

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium
    Well, I guess from Asus you don't. I assume Asus thinks that people who unlock there tablet are gonna install a custom ROM on it and are thus not in need of official updates..
    Wow. I can't wait to use this. Unfortunately, due to hardware problems with my first two tablets, I think I'll wait a couple weeks to make sure this new one isn't defective. That should give devs some time to get some ROMs and a recovery going on this thing.

What kind of problems?