P769 V20D TO V20F - Recovery flashable ZIP

Search This thread

Lelus

Nov 18, 2009
Chicago
Use at your own risk.
I am not responsible for any damages to your device.

Update will/may overwrite recovery partition, flash new radio will/may also restore some of bloatware.

To preserve root: when cwm asks "Root access possibly lost. Fix?" Select Yes.

http://d-h.st/PCl
(It's modified official OTA update so it can be installed via cwm)

URL removed - I encountered some issues with the play store, will need to figure it out first, Sorry
The Play store may not work if "google services" cache was cleared before installing the update (I'm sure it can be resolved easily)

Use at your own risk.

Last edited:

carloswii5

Jul 9, 2012
Pallet Town
Use at your own risk.

Update will overwrite recovery partition, flash new radio will also restore some of bloatware.

URL removed - I encountered some issues with the play store, will need to figure it out first, Sorry
The Play store may not work if "google services" cache was cleared before installing the update (I'm sure it can be resolved easily)

Use at your own risk.
Whats the difference?

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing -Socrates

kuma82

Jan 19, 2012
Houston
Whats the difference?

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing -Socrates

Flashing with the offline flash method comes with a risk, and waiting for the ota or trying all the tricks to receive a ota is time consuming, and if you do get the update (via ota) you need all bloatware and no changes (to build.prop & completely remove artas182cwm) or the update will fail. I had the official ota update to jellybean (20D) crash on me 3 times and had to wait to get the update again. S***ed donkey balls, lol

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

kabloink

Jan 14, 2012
Thanks for the upgrade zip. Seemed to have worked well. No apparent problems. The play store is working, though I didn't clear any caches before flashing.

Now to see if the wifi battery drain has been fixed.

carloswii5

Jul 9, 2012
Pallet Town
Flashing with the offline flash method comes with a risk, and waiting for the ota or trying all the tricks to receive a ota is time consuming, and if you do get the update (via ota) you need all bloatware and no changes (to build.prop & completely remove artas182cwm) or the update will fail. I had the official ota update to jellybean (20D) crash on me 3 times and had to wait to get the update again. S***ed donkey balls, lol

I know, it failed on me going to 20D twice but what I'm asking is what does this have compared to 20D

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: jrossix

kuma82

Jan 19, 2012
Houston
Oh lol, don't know. On another post I saw was security update, seems like nothing major, need more time to tell.

Lelus

Nov 18, 2009
Chicago

Kid_Ding

Oct 27, 2006
Clackamas, OR
Last edited:

carloswii5

Jul 9, 2012
Pallet Town
That is correct.

No

That's what it is, 20f ota is just little over 40mb .I just removed some "unnecessary" file verification and model check.

Mmm thanks lelus

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

5eneby6u.jpg

I got it

Reactions: infamous_nacho

Lelus

Nov 18, 2009
Chicago
Mmm thanks lelus

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

5eneby6u.jpg

I got it

If you want to modify it you can use Android Kitchen, just "set up working folder from rom" any rom will do, remove everything in "WORKING_" directory, copy everything from OTA zip into the "WORKING_" dir and edit "META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script"

I'm sure someone with 10g will find it useful.

carloswii5

Jul 9, 2012
Pallet Town
If you want to modify it you can use Android Kitchen, just "set up working folder from rom" any rom will do, remove everything in "WORKING_" directory, copy everything from OTA zip into the "WORKING_" dir and edit "META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script"

I'm sure someone with 10g will find it useful.

Mmm still battery drain not worth it going back to cm10

Basmatek

Aug 4, 2012
Can i receive the OTA update without a SIM card in the phone? I do have wi-fi, the phone was on Solavei for a few days, but i had to move the SIM card to another phone.

infamous_nacho

Nov 19, 2011
i just flashed the new v20F and didnt see an options to keep root "
(To preserve root: when cwm asks "Root access possibly lost. Fix?" Select Yes.")
when i try to use voodoo root keeper it keeps on crashing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use at your own risk.

Update will/may overwrite recovery partition, flash new radio will/may also restore some of bloatware.

(It's modified official OTA update so it can be installed via cwm)

Use at your own risk.
    Took the plunge and also flashed this.

Made a nandroid backup first and then flashed, selected yes to preserve root and phone is now running V20F. I had previously run the disable tmous crap script and this didn't seem to inhibit the flash which is a great thing :p. Even the stock (non-branded LG) boot/shutdown animations were preserved. If anyone wants the stock LG boot I've attached them to this reply. They come off the European L9 variant I believe.

I know, it failed on me going to 20D twice but what I'm asking is what does this have compared to 20D

Can any one help me. How can I update to 20f Iam in 20d rooted , when i try to update OTA wont let me, an android dead with red exclamation shows. How can I fix this.. (Lg l9 P769 20d rooted)

Flash this rooted stock ROM. Remember to download voodoo ota rootkeeper and protect root before the update. Good luck!

https://mega.co.nz/#!fMVHWbBK!RpJnPGowBD33ZYC474_ghngqGGMpuSOiiP7d6OyV1Ho

Sent from my LG-P769(20F) using the xda-developers app. If I helped you please hit the "thanks" button.