The first case reset Warranty Bit in Galaxy Note 3 Exynos N900 successfully!!!

Search This thread

luckyboy_103

Feb 17, 2013
Hello forum,

I come from Vietnam, I have participated in this forum for a long time. The devs helped guys like me so much to be able to use our phone in the best ways.

Today I have one thing to share with you, may be it will help the devs to find a way to solve the problem of reseting warranty bit in Samsung Galaxy Note 3 into 0.

I bought my Note 3 N900 five months ago. At that time, I rooted my phone and then update my note 3 via OTA. But from the fist update which showed Warranty Bit: 1 (MJ7). I didn't update it via OTA any more.

Then I download a stock rom named "STOCK-DEODEX-ROOT-N900XXUCMJ7_N900OLBCMJ3_N900DXUCMJ3_HOME" of developer @nguyenxuanhoa then rooted it again and used it untill yesterday.

Yesterday, I found that my device wasn't rooted and CWM disappear. I couldn't understand. Then I installed CWM and rooted it again. After that. I uploaded rom cook version 9.0 then 8.1 (android 4.4.2) of developer @nguyenxuanhoa but it did't work well (couldn't use apps restored from titanium backup and couldn't logged in evernote)

Then I used the stock Mj7 4 files but just uploaded 1 file AP in order to restore my phone to android 4.3 but it was suspended at samsung logo. Then I went to stock recovey to wipe data and reboot, but it was fault: force close samsung keyboard.

In the last time, I flashed 4 files in stock MJ7 to restore again and OMG! The warranty bit was restored to 0. I can't understand but very happy. I can use Knox, of course. Everything in my phone was restored as when i bought it from the seller.

I hope that information will help you to guess how could we resset warranty bit of Galaxy Note 3 N900 into 0.

Stock Rom Mj7 4 files: Link/
STOCK-DEODEX-ROOT-N900XXUCMJ7_N900OLBCMJ3_N900DXUCMJ3_HOME: Part 1 Part 2
Rom cook by @nguyenxuanhoa: Link

2014-03-13-07-09-54.jpg

View attachment 2628353

View attachment 2628354

2014-03-13-07-10-17.jpg

Last edited:

luckyboy_103

Feb 17, 2013
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

if what you did is true and we can all do it.

then thank you very much my freind and hope that this will help the devs defeat this knox app.

We need someone to try this I hope that is true

Sent from my SM-N900

I'm not sure, because there are not many people keep their N3 in firmware Mj7 like me, so I don't know if this case is right with the other. I just post my case there and hope that someone can follow this and reset warranty bit successfully, too. :)

newxdabie

Dec 24, 2013
ii have a note 2, i have full wipe and flashed 4 tar in bl, csc, ap and nothing happens, i still have knox bit 1, i am curious how did you do that, is it because you download bl then upload it agian? hummm

namfat

Feb 10, 2007
VietNam
tpb.vn
I'm not sure, because there are not many people keep their N3 in firmware Mj7 like me, so I don't know if this case is right with the other. I just post my case there and hope that someone can follow this and reset warranty bit successfully, too. :)

Yeaahh, thanks for your report. We are working on testing progress. I think maybe the reason that you flash many time and get luck. I don't know how and why but good work.:D:D

Send from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk 4 Pre

luckyboy_103

Feb 17, 2013
ii have a note 2, i have full wipe and flashed 4 tar in bl, csc, ap and nothing happens, i still have knox bit 1, i am curious how did you do that, is it because you download bl then upload it agian? hummm

No, I just flashed AP file for the first time, then flashed all 4 files in stock mj7 for the second time and.. it worked :d

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: lamkhatoco

newxdabie

Dec 24, 2013
No, I just flashed AP file for the first time, then flashed all 4 files in stock mj7 for the second time and.. it worked :d

I cant understand it... flashing ap before flash 4 files dont make any sense about it...because i realized that their flash bl first if you have knox bit the bl will load thia information and do not replace it...i guess there something is missing in your steps or because you flashed deox knox rom or rom with bl lower before...not sure

JazonX

I can confirm this, However im not sure of the method. But I do remember It involved the MJ7 Firmware. At a point of flashing where my Phone got Soft Bricked, I noticed that the Warranty Bit was Reset and 0x0. At that Point the phone was not useable, and it was soft-bricked with a "Stuck on Boot Logo" Situation. However, After I installed CWM and SuperSu again, It was gone. In order to find out the exact method and to create a guide (And of course to take the bounty! :D) I tried to recreate this over and over again, But It never worked out. Then I just ditched the idea thinking it might be a fault in the Recovery. Now that you have posted this in OP, I believe there is a trigger within the phone itself. The Phone which I tested too was a N900 and I was playing with the MJ7 Firmware.

luckyboy_103

Feb 17, 2013
I cant understand it... flashing ap before flash 4 files dont make any sense about it...because i realized that their flash bl first if you have knox bit the bl will load thia information and do not replace it...i guess there something is missing in your steps or because you flashed deox knox rom or rom with bl lower before...not sure

I can't understand, too. I flashed 4 files after flashing ap just because it was fault. There was nothing in my steps missed. I absolutely sure about that.

luckyboy_103

Feb 17, 2013
I can confirm this, However im not sure of the method. But I do remember It involved the MJ7 Firmware. At a point of flashing where my Phone got Soft Bricked, I noticed that the Warranty Bit was Reset and 0x0. At that Point the phone was not useable, and it was soft-bricked with a "Stuck on Boot Logo" Situation. However, After I installed CWM and SuperSu again, It was gone. In order to find out the exact method and to create a guide (And of course to take the bounty! :D) I tried to recreate this over and over again, But It never worked out. Then I just ditched the idea thinking it might be a fault in the Recovery. Now that you have posted this in OP, I believe there is a trigger within the phone itself. The Phone which I tested too was a N900 and I was playing with the MJ7 Firmware.

Thank you for your confirmation. I am luckier than you while my phone was reset to 0x0 within any fault. I'm not sure it could happen again :d

Reactions: namfat

DON AMIGO

Oct 12, 2012
Riyadh
i'm sure that someone in this great forum will help us in this matter

and give us the method and hopefully help the devs here to defeat this knox app.

newxdabie

Dec 24, 2013
i'm sure that someone in this great forum will help us in this matter

and give us the method and hopefully help the devs here to defeat this knox app.

matbe downgrade between knox enable bootload can reset knox counter, i am in note 2 we have only 4.3 mk9, i ve doing this process lot of times and still knox bit =1 and i realized there are note 3 that have odin mode diffrent from yours, we have knox warrenty bit and ap swaev : A2, and your phone only has warenty bit, and tell me more one thing, when you flash the second time, you need turn indo odin mode(download mode) you already seeing knox bit = 0 this step or just after flashing 4 files? and what is your configuretion with odin? what version are you using? thx

luckyboy_103

Feb 17, 2013
matbe downgrade between knox enable bootload can reset knox counter, i am in note 2 we have only 4.3 mk9, i ve doing this process lot of times and still knox bit =1 and i realized there are note 3 that have odin mode diffrent from yours, we have knox warrenty bit and ap swaev : A2, and your phone only has warenty bit, and tell me more one thing, when you flash the second time, you need turn indo odin mode(download mode) you already seeing knox bit = 0 this step or just after flashing 4 files? and what is your configuretion with odin? what version are you using? thx

Regret that I didn't see warranty line when I flashed 4 files and even after that. I only saw it after flashing CWM failed as I mentioned in #1.
I just flashed files by odin normally. Version of odin is 3.04! :)

hiepgia

May 13, 2010
Ho Chi Minh City
It mean that:
- flash 4.4.2 rom - > flash ap -> let's it boot in 20-30s -> wipe -> flash all 4 file (bootloader MJ7 again?) -> wipe

So, simply it can tell: Maybe a software bug in MJ7 bootloader that will check system integrity of system and set KNOX flag again to 0 (it was 1) in bootloader.

Why it's a bootloader bug? It didn't check check warranty bit was writen. It will check and rewrite everytime you flash it. (Maybe bootloader will check a flag/file in data/system/hidden partition that was set by kernel/OS that tell integrity state of system and set know flag)

So now i need a volunteer that have equal or below MJ7 (MJ1/MJ7)... And flash AP (MJ7) - when flash with odin please don't check reboot. when it flashed. Go to Recovery and wipe. Then flash 4 files include bootloader again.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello forum,

I come from Vietnam, I have participated in this forum for a long time. The devs helped guys like me so much to be able to use our phone in the best ways.

Today I have one thing to share with you, may be it will help the devs to find a way to solve the problem of reseting warranty bit in Samsung Galaxy Note 3 into 0.

I bought my Note 3 N900 five months ago. At that time, I rooted my phone and then update my note 3 via OTA. But from the fist update which showed Warranty Bit: 1 (MJ7). I didn't update it via OTA any more.

Then I download a stock rom named "STOCK-DEODEX-ROOT-N900XXUCMJ7_N900OLBCMJ3_N900DXUCMJ3_HOME" of developer @nguyenxuanhoa then rooted it again and used it untill yesterday.

Yesterday, I found that my device wasn't rooted and CWM disappear. I couldn't understand. Then I installed CWM and rooted it again. After that. I uploaded rom cook version 9.0 then 8.1 (android 4.4.2) of developer @nguyenxuanhoa but it did't work well (couldn't use apps restored from titanium backup and couldn't logged in evernote)

Then I used the stock Mj7 4 files but just uploaded 1 file AP in order to restore my phone to android 4.3 but it was suspended at samsung logo. Then I went to stock recovey to wipe data and reboot, but it was fault: force close samsung keyboard.

In the last time, I flashed 4 files in stock MJ7 to restore again and OMG! The warranty bit was restored to 0. I can't understand but very happy. I can use Knox, of course. Everything in my phone was restored as when i bought it from the seller.

I hope that information will help you to guess how could we resset warranty bit of Galaxy Note 3 N900 into 0.

Stock Rom Mj7 4 files: Link/
    STOCK-DEODEX-ROOT-N900XXUCMJ7_N900OLBCMJ3_N900DXUCMJ3_HOME: Part 1 Part 2
    Rom cook by @nguyenxuanhoa: Link

2014-03-13-07-09-54.jpg

View attachment 2628353

View attachment 2628354

2014-03-13-07-10-17.jpg
    @luckyboy_103 Can you use my app Phone INFO ★Samsung★ to check for the "Knox Warranty Void" in the GENERAL INFO section?

Hope it will say 0x0 too :)

Tks in advance.

yeah, it said 0x0
    Amazing :D

Screenshot_2014-03-18-20-16-28.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-18-20-16-45.png
    Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

if what you did is true and we can all do it.

then thank you very much my freind and hope that this will help the devs defeat this knox app.

Yeaahh, thanks for your report. We are working on testing progress. I think maybe the reason that you flash many time and get luck. I don't know how and why but good work.:D:D

Send from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk 4 Pre