MY LG G2 for verizon is bricked HELLLPPPPP PLEASE

Search This thread

xdavelope

Mar 18, 2014
sorry to bother you all. i bricked my device and it's only a few hours old. I rooted it using the io root method. that was painless.
anyway, it didn't brick then. i got a notification from verizon for the 4.4.2 update so I clicked download update it never installed and that's when the bricking started. Anytime I connect it to the computer it opens up like 40 disks and it says cannot be used unless it's formatted so I have to spend a while canceling those out. when I restart the phone it says the lg logo then the screen goes black . im stuck. i've been trying for hours. if i get the phone back i won't root it or do anything. ill deal with the bloatware, whatever. i've tried a lot of different things but to no avail. any help is appreciated. thank you for your time...and wont go into download mode....help please anyone....

i have no recovery installed....every time i try to cut the phone off it vibrates screen goes off and on showing the lg logo very quickly then goes black but remains on until battery drains

Last edited:

BAYOUREBEL

Nov 21, 2011
Im in the same boat

sorry to bother you all. i bricked my device and it's only a few hours old. I rooted it using the io root method. that was painless.
anyway, it didn't brick then. i got a notification from verizon for the 4.4.2 update so I clicked download update it never installed and that's when the bricking started. Anytime I connect it to the computer it opens up like 40 disks and it says cannot be used unless it's formatted so I have to spend a while canceling those out. when I restart the phone it says the lg logo then the screen goes black . im stuck. i've been trying for hours. if i get the phone back i won't root it or do anything. ill deal with the bloatware, whatever. i've tried a lot of different things but to no avail. any help is appreciated. thank you for your time...and wont go into download mode....help please anyone....

i have no recovery installed....every time i try to cut the phone off it vibrates screen goes off and on showing the lg logo very quickly then goes black but remains on until battery drains

Did just like you with OTA today and now bricked. Guess I will have to call Verizon and see what they can do.

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington

Did just like you with OTA today and now bricked. Guess I will have to call Verizon and see what they can do.

DId you not try and go back to stock?...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

Reactions: markrulesallnow

MDA400

Feb 29, 2012
Bloomington

If you can't boot into stock recovery (vol down + power key) and can't get into download mode (this is where they detect root once FW update shows up and the bottom left corner says Bootloader: ROOTED) then you can rest assure as long as you are under warranty, send it in to LG directly.

Do not send it to Verizon as you may incur charges for replacement. There's insurance from Verizon, but the real "replace with no charge" warranty is sending it to LG directly. Make an account on their website, register your G2, and make a Repair request by online chat or phone.

I just got my T-mobile G2 back after 2 weeks with the same issues and while it took a while to get repaired, I didn't pay a penny and it works without T-Mobile ever knowing its different hardware (all they replace is the flash memory that is corrupted in the phone).

Only downside is that it came back with KitKat and unrooted which means I have to wait for a working root procedure for it unlike with JB (I'm not afraid to root it again since I know what messed it up before was custom recovery TWRP version 2.6.3.2 that doesn't support KitKat lol).

He can't get into download mode which means no KDZ flashing.

Last edited:

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
If you can't boot into stock recovery (vol down + power key) and can't get into download mode (this is where they detect root once FW update shows up and the bottom left corner says Bootloader: ROOTED) then you can rest assure as long as you are under warranty, send it in to LG directly.

Do not send it to Verizon as you may incur charges for replacement. There's insurance from Verizon, but the real "replace with no charge" warranty is sending it to LG directly. Make an account on their website, register your G2, and make a Repair request by online chat or phone.

I just got my T-mobile G2 back after 2 weeks with the same issues and while it took a while to get repaired, I didn't pay a penny and it works without T-Mobile ever knowing its different hardware (all they replace is the flash memory that is corrupted in the phone).

Only downside is that it came back with KitKat and unrooted which means I have to wait for a working root procedure for it unlike with JB (I'm not afraid to root it again since I know what messed it up before was custom recovery TWRP version 2.6.3.2 that doesn't support KitKat lol).

He can't get into download mode which means no KDZ flashing.

Not getting into download mode is odd especially for just accepting a OTA update. Remember since they accepted the OTA its gonna take a special way of getting into download mode as the phone will be constantly on in boot loop. not all of the time but most of the time when people say they cant get into bootloader they have to keep trying due to the phone has to be "Turned off" OR rebooted at the same time of holding down the key combo.

MDA400

Feb 29, 2012
Bloomington
Not getting into download mode is odd especially for just accepting a OTA update. Remember since they accepted the OTA its gonna take a special way of getting into download mode as the phone will be constantly on in boot loop. not all of the time but most of the time when people say they cant get into bootloader they have to keep trying due to the phone has to be "Turned off" OR rebooted at the same time of holding down the key combo.

To get the phone to turn off, one has to reboot the phone (power key for 10 seconds) while holding volume up WITHOUT having the USB cable plugged in.

Recovery mode is a bit trickier by having to hold the power key for 10 seconds, then just as the phone reboots, hold PWR + VOL DWN and while holding VOL DWN, release PWR and press it again (gets to that factory reset screen where you press PWR 3 times).

Not trying to teach you this if you already know how, just stating it if the OP looks at this then he can try again with the above.

Also, Download mode is essentially the "bootloader" and it is locked meaning unless you have certified software (KDZ FW updater), you can't adb anything just in download mode unlike some LG phones that have emergency mode which is unlocked bootloader.

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
To get the phone to turn off, one has to reboot the phone (power key for 10 seconds) while holding volume up WITHOUT having the USB cable plugged in.

Recovery mode is a bit trickier by having to hold the power key for 10 seconds, then just as the phone reboots, hold PWR + VOL DWN and while holding VOL DWN, release PWR and press it again (gets to that factory reset screen where you press PWR 3 times).

Not trying to teach you this if you already know how, just stating it if the OP looks at this then he can try again with the above.

Also, Download mode is essentially the "bootloader" and it is locked meaning unless you have certified software (KDZ FW updater), you can't adb anything just in download mode unlike some LG phones that have emergency mode which is unlocked bootloader.

Yea I know the commands, The guide for going back to stock was created by me for the G2 :D haha, Hopefully the OP will see your post and try that :)

Wazz18

Apr 24, 2014
I'm having about the exact same problem. I rooted my phone a while back, I left it stock and just used some modules (xposed). When I noticed the update I of course was stupid enough to hit the update... My phone is doing the same as his. I can get to the factory reset screen but even if I go through there I get the same black screen (though backlit). I can't boot into download. I'm downloading the .tot needed for stock, but I'm not sure if that'll be a lot of good without download mode. I have everything on my phone backed up from when I rooted it (I'm missing a few pictures but nothing major.) Any and all help would be appreciated. I've got a bunch of precalc homework and Prom in a couple days so I'm willing to sacrifice sleep tonight. Thanks! (Made this account just for this, though I've used the site a bit before.)

JJT211

Mar 13, 2012
ive tried factory reset "vol down & power"...its just goes black and stays the same

It's cuz you're not doing it correctly.

Yes, you're supposed to depress "vol down & power" but once you see LG logo, let go of both buttons and then immediately hold down only the "power" button.

After a few secs, a white factory reset screen will appear. Ignore the warning and press power button. I know, its kinda scary at first, but then phone will load into recovery.

Excerus

Apr 23, 2014
I can get to the factory data reset screen but when i choose yes it just gives me the secure boot error. I am able to put my phone into download mode by pressing up volume and power when plugging to pc, but cant get pc to recognize it. I am sure I am missing something.

CPasillas

Jul 15, 2013
i am also bricked. i cant get into download mode or recovery. i have twrp installed, cant get to that either. i have tried every button combination and all i get is a black screen and vibrations, no lg logo. need help.

shanedroid

Sep 1, 2010
Has anyone made any progress or did all just send back to LG?

I am in similar shape, can get to the white factory reset screen - which does nothing once I accept.

I can also get into download mode, but the phone isn't recognized.

Wanted to confirm before I try to send it back that I can't fix myself.

Thanks!

shanedroid

Sep 1, 2010
Also, did anyone who was able to get back to the hard reset screen have luck sending to LG? Or did it have to be completely bricked?

makgun

Sep 18, 2013
Im also bricked. And there is no recovery mode. download mode is usable. but when i in twrp before brick i deleted efs because i have a back up after that recovery had corrupted and driver in the rom memory to talk to pc had also deleted with efs(i think). I have an idea to fix but im not sure

If I can change rom from mainboard and replace it other rom from other lg g2? Will it solve my and our problem??????
thanks to reply.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DId you not try and go back to stock?...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476