Sticking with Jelly Bean (4.3)

Search This thread

KaHOnas

Dec 30, 2013
Chattanooga, TN
SCH-i545 (VZW GS4) - I haven't updated to KitKat (4.4) because I'm concerned that each upgrade is going to make the bootloader even harder to unlock. Right now, I'm on MK2. I'd like to have KitKat, and I'd like to go with CyanogenMod (can't...bootloader), and my attempt at trying SafeStrap and Hyperdrive ended with me having to reload the stock ROM. I'm sure I screwed it up somewhere. I've never had any issues loading CyanogenMod on any of the other phones I've rooted (HTC Eris and HTC Incredible 2). As much as I'd like to upgrade my OS, I don't want to do it at the expense of the ability to load whatever ROM I choose.

Patiently waiting for the bootloader to get cracked open,

David

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

KaHOnas

Dec 30, 2013
Chattanooga, TN
SS version 3.71, not sure of the Hyperdrive version. SafeStrap loaded fine; it was when I attempted to put Hyperdrive on that things went awry. I know I had the latest available versions when all this was done on 10 March 14.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
SS version 3.71, not sure of the Hyperdrive version. SafeStrap loaded fine; it was when I attempted to put Hyperdrive on that things went awry. I know I had the latest available versions when all this was done on 10 March 14.

Most of us never had issues with install of hd..when people did have issues usually bad downloads or selection of too many options in aroma....hd 15 was very stable for 4.3...mk2 users..though I went with Baja rom v 1.34 in the end before moving onto kitkat platform.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: KaHOnas

jake.99x3

Jul 7, 2013
Richmond
Hey check out this thread it allows you to upgrade to 4.4.x while retaining your bootloader. If you need extra help pm me. I'll help with installing hyperdrive 16

KaHOnas

Dec 30, 2013
Chattanooga, TN
Thanks, both of you. I know I screwed something up with the HD install. I've never used SafeStrap before. I'm fairly confident with CWM and CyanogenMod, though. I chalk it up to inexperience.

Thanks for the offer as well, jake.99x3. When I get ready to do it again, I'll look you up.

And, what was that link for the KitKat upgrade sans bootloader update?

zombolt

Mar 29, 2011
Thanks, both of you. I know I screwed something up with the HD install. I've never used SafeStrap before. I'm fairly confident with CWM and CyanogenMod, though. I chalk it up to inexperience.

Thanks for the offer as well, jake.99x3. When I get ready to do it again, I'll look you up.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2726868#52094900

aknotts415

May 6, 2014
If you wanna stick on MK2 bootloader surges method does not change the bootloader. You can go from 4.3 to 4.4 and back and forth. I did it this weekend. As long as you dont OTA to NC5 (ur bootloader changes to NC5). So if ur staying on mk2 hoping it gets cracked u can still stay on it and go to kitkat and then back down to 4.3 lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Most of us never had issues with install of hd..when people did have issues usually bad downloads or selection of too many options in aroma....hd 15 was very stable for 4.3...mk2 users..though I went with Baja rom v 1.34 in the end before moving onto kitkat platform.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Hey check out this thread it allows you to upgrade to 4.4.x while retaining your bootloader. If you need extra help pm me. I'll help with installing hyperdrive 16

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2726868#52094900
    If you wanna stick on MK2 bootloader surges method does not change the bootloader. You can go from 4.3 to 4.4 and back and forth. I did it this weekend. As long as you dont OTA to NC5 (ur bootloader changes to NC5). So if ur staying on mk2 hoping it gets cracked u can still stay on it and go to kitkat and then back down to 4.3 lol