Stuck on boot screen

Search This thread

mechz01

Apr 7, 2014
I may have bricked, want to know what went wrong and if it's permanent. Thanks, here's how it happened.

I was running one of the Omnirom nightly builds. I got a notification saying there was a new build, I decided to try it hoping it would improve my battery life. I had TWRP installed so I thought it would be ok (I chose to let it update automatically which I guess was my mistake). It did the update or tried to at least, but when it tried to boot it just gets stuck on the Asus screen. The one with the loading bar. Volume up or down with power button does nothing but get back to the same screen. Reset (using a pin) and volume up or down does the same thing. I thought the only way to permanently boot was doing the wipe option on the recovery menu, but maybe I am wrong. Is it possible to permanently brick doing what I did? Thanks. Any possible solutions?

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Thanks for the Reply

No, it just gets me back to the same screen. This is supposed to get me to the recovery menu right?

If it matters,my bootloader is unlocked.

Well there is not much that can be done then.....

No fastboot with a locked bootloader .....

No bootloader to boot into recoovery .....

No nvflash blobs with a locked bootloader ..

Short of a motherboard you have a paperweight .....

Sorry for the back news ......

Thx Josh

jcbeau09

Jan 3, 2013
Hello

Hi
I had basically the same situation of this topic, the only i can access to fastboot.
I formated all my tablet, basically is nothing in the memory

when i tried to access over the recovery, is stuck, only blink.
Fastboot commands works but i dont know how i can recover all.

I know i need to install everything.
Can someone let me know what i can install (Kernel, firmware, rom(I want lollipop).
I had already TWRP 2.8.0

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

mechz01

Apr 7, 2014
Well there is not much that can be done then.....

No fastboot with a locked bootloader .....

No bootloader to boot into recoovery .....

No nvflash blobs with a locked bootloader ..

Short of a motherboard you have a paperweight .....

Sorry for the back news ......

Thx Josh

My bootloader is unlocked, unless I am misunderstanding what you're saying. On the Asus screen it says this device is unlocked. Not sure why I can't access any of the options though, unless my volume buttons is busted or something.

das chaos

Jan 28, 2014
Hi
I had basically the same situation of this topic, the only i can access to fastboot.
I formated all my tablet, basically is nothing in the memory

when i tried to access over the recovery, is stuck, only blink.
Fastboot commands works but i dont know how i can recover all.

I know i need to install everything.
Can someone let me know what i can install (Kernel, firmware, rom(I want lollipop).
I had already TWRP 2.8.0

Thanks in advance

First step: Install new TWRP
1. Download TWRP recovery from here: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/tf300t; I would advise v. 2.8.4.0
2. Put 'openrecovery-twrp-2.8.3.0-tf300t.blob' in fastboot folder of pc and rename to twrp.blob for faster typing.
3. Put tab in fasboot mode and connect.
4. Use command
Code:
fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash staging twrp.blob[enter]
fastboot -i 0x0b05 reboot[enter]
5. Let tab reboot to OS (will stay on ASUS screen, because you don't have OS as of now).
6. Reboot to bootloader screen and go to recovery (RCK); now you can flash any custom ROM you like.

Good luck!

Berend de Boer

Aug 6, 2011
Auckland
No, it just gets me back to the same screen. This is supposed to get me to the recovery menu right?

No! Recovery comes way after fastboot mode. Recovery is loaded from your memory card. But something went wrong with your memory card, so you can't load that.

Once you booted your tablet into fastboot, type :"fastboot devices" on your PC. If it shows your tablet, you can easily flash a new ROM.

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
No! Recovery comes way after fastboot mode. Recovery is loaded from your memory card. But something went wrong with your memory card, so you can't load that.

Once you booted your tablet into fastboot, type :"fastboot devices" on your PC. If it shows your tablet, you can easily flash a new ROM.

I would like to know how you are going to flash a new rom with fastboot ?

Thx Josh