[Q] Super Low Brightness Mode?

Search This thread

kj13569

Apr 17, 2011
Fort Mill SC
Is there a Super Low Brightness Mode on this phone or on the International version? I could have swore there was such a thing for the HTC ONE M8... Thanks in advance.

Sevinex

Jul 27, 2013
San Diego
The closest thing I can think of is the "brightness settings" component of GravityBox (a Xposed Module)... I don't know if they work, as I have never fiddled around with them, but you could always give them a go.

Reactions: kj13569

kj13569

Apr 17, 2011
Fort Mill SC
The closest thing I can think of is the "brightness settings" component of GravityBox (a Xposed Module)... I don't know if they work, as I have never fiddled around with them, but you could always give them a go.

I use Lux Auto Brightness (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vito.lux). It's the best automatic backlight adjustment app I've used (I had some problems with running out of memory on my Galaxy Nexus, but no such problems with my M8). It lets you set the backlight so low the screen is almost black.

Just wanted to say thanks guys! all these are great workarounds. I thought I saw a sense feature for Super Dimming mode or reading mode like the S5.

Turgur

Jun 14, 2010
Chicago

Zieen

May 31, 2011
Yeah it's been working great for me. Are you using a screen protector? Lux relies heavily on the light sensor on the front of your devices (which on my M8 is seemingly infinitely better than my Galaxy Nexus was). A screen protector can interfere with the amount of light the sensor collects and mess up the very sensitive Lux app.

Top Liked Posts