Bent xperia Z1 !!!

Search This thread

canabz

Jan 8, 2012
Mine has a bend in it noticed my flap not completely flush then thought wtf its bent never put in back pocket seemed like it just happened with me
Not sure if it still water proof now...

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mohamed_Aly

Feb 26, 2014
Alexandria
Wow that looks so odd, this guy is either lying about something or something is really odd and I mean REALLY ODD!
I would've expected something of this happening if it was warm and in your pocket while you were biking for example but the guy said he didn't touch which makes that hypothesis incorrect.
I think warranty would protect that because the phone is not suppose to bend by itself!
I still think something smells a bit fishy about his story!

it's the same thoughts I had .. but let me assure you that this kind of heating can't bend it like this ,, maybe deform it a little bet but it will come to it's original condition "that's of course in case of the aluminum body of the phone was badly engineered and forged"

Mohamed_Aly

Feb 26, 2014
Alexandria
Mine has a bend in it noticed my flap not completely flush then thought wtf its bent never put in back pocket seemed like it just happened with me
Not sure if it still water proof now...

Well I'm not sure what the reason is.. And if that's the case.. But if I were you.. I wouldn't put it in water again.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LJE

Jan 21, 2011
Gold Coast
I'd bet the guy either sat on it while it was in his back pocket, or he had it in his front pocket and his jeans were too tight.

He's probably upset that his new toy is now bent and he's doing the old "you sold me a bad phone sony.. It's all your fault" so he can get a replacement.

That'd be my guess

omegahanggara

Jan 28, 2013
Jakarta
double-dragon.blogspot.com
I'd bet the guy either sat on it while it was in his back pocket, or he had it in his front pocket and his jeans were too tight.

He's probably upset that his new toy is now bent and he's doing the old "you sold me a bad phone sony.. It's all your fault" so he can get a replacement.

That'd be my guess

Not really, I've sleep over my phone, my brother's too. No bent at all. ????

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

LJE

Jan 21, 2011
Gold Coast
Not really, I've sleep over my phone, my brother's too. No bent at all. ????

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

That's like saying,
I dropped my phone and it didn't smash, so all Z1s' can be dropped and they won't smash.

Maybe your bed is soft so the phone is safe under you?
Maybe he has a skinny bony ass and he sat on a hard bus seat?
I'm not sure, but I'd bet at least $50 on 2-1 odds that he didn't have a straight phone, went to sleep and woke up with a bent phone.

That's my opinion tho.

Aaron_035

May 13, 2012
Singapore
Right. I'm guessing I'm the "other person" the op was referring to. What I was referring to nothing happening to my Z1 is exactly that. I've used my Z1 like how I'll use any phone.

Basically putting in my pocket and walking around. That's the most probable reason for me. Stupid as it may seem. I came to that conclusion as it bent in the way that would fit my erm... Leg to hip joint profile.

What I would suggest you do, is never wear tight fitting clothes and squeeze your z1 in.

I would like to debunk the heating thing cause if it was the case, I believe playing assault 8 till its hotter than the sun, and then leaving it under 15kg of weight would probably bend it back slightly but it was to no avail.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

svelemoe

Sep 9, 2014
This exact thing just happened to my phone. I'm at work right now, but it consists of laying alarm wiring. I do not see how keeping it in my front right pocket can do this. I do not have ANY tools in the front right pocket. I have been playing very resource intensive games at the toilet though, and the phone has been extremely hot periodically these last two days. It turned off while playing Road Trip 2 a few hours ago. Pics later when I get off work.

Sorry for the necrobump, but this was the most relevant thread I could find.

Here's the pics: imgur com/a/UWz0b#0
It's laying on its back. I kept it in my front pocket, with the front to my thigh. I really cant see how it would bend that way. I would have to lean into two things hitting the top and bottom of my phone, while my thigh somehow provides tons pf pressure on the edges of the frame only. And no, my pants are not thight.

Last edited:

ligerblitz

Dec 17, 2009
Bridgetown
Seeing the new pics from @svelemoe , the bend is not in the same place. If it was a design problem would not all the phones have the bends in the same location? I have had mine for a while, and always in my jeans pocket, and I have a very active job where I am outside, always holding over, lifting things, pulling cable and such, but haven't had any damage with my Z1.
When I had my Z though, the screen mysteriously cracked when it was in my pocket while I was sitting. It wasn't broken 5 minutes before when I had it out.

Mr. Khan

Feb 16, 2013
Banda Aceh
After use for 9 months and smashed several times, no bent.
Why are you so trust issues? Think of a few tens of thousands of users xperia z1, why only a few people complaining. [emoji3]

svelemoe

Sep 9, 2014
I worked in a hardware/lumber store the whole summer with np damage to this phone, so I've been pretty rough with it too. But at this job, where the hsrdest I do is climbing a stepladder, it just bent.

It might be a design flaw spontaneous or not. I have the exact same bend on the charging area as the phone on page 2, it looks like the top of the phone has been lifted parallel to the bottom, the silver trim is bended in the same shape on the front and back. Kind of like '''''''''''''''-----____________ seen from the side.

technaudio

Jul 9, 2010
b878acf235479abff6049f1c4d3bb676.jpg

ayuready1989

Jan 5, 2008
since the phone is waterproof its possible there is tension relieved when the aluminum and glass reaches a certain temp

BlackSoulxxx

Feb 19, 2014
LOL, bad apps give Snadragon 800 a sweat!! But it's true............. Also my friend have bend Z1 too, he play Real Racing 3 with highest setting, OC, and play until it can boil water :p . So maybe there is some tension.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mine is just repaired, it was magically bent by my elves and their wizards. I was watching and thought: "Nooooo!! Damn elves, I'll kill you!!" Anyway it's repaired and the elves are magically killed by my cat, so I'm happy now :D

Sorry just kidding :p

I don't think the phone will bent over by warming up to be honest :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    I've had mine since October and it hasn't bent itself

Sent from my C6902 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I can't help but laugh if you believe glass will bend by itself

Sent from my Xperia Z1
    Maybe it transformed into Xperia z1 Flex? You know, who knows what that Japanese guys can do with electronics :D

i have my z1 since decembeter and belive me i've tried heating it up as best as i could! 3 hours of asphalt 8 a day for weeks... it doesn't get any hotter than that and yet the phone don't bend! so you can rule out the temperature effects...

my theory is that it's just bad manufacturing proccess and the aluminum frame has inner forces that wants to relive itself and bend... only happend in few rare cases.