[Q] Viewsonic G Tablet Battery Replacement Information?

Search This thread

wby300

Jan 30, 2011
Indiana
The battery is 5mm thick and 127X118mm The side that is 118 could go a bit bigger to 123mm You could also go 1mm thicker but the battery would be touching the back case then.

Reactions: p_soliman_a

NinetyWt

Mar 24, 2011
Ha! They said the same thing to me, I mailed it yesterday. :cool:

I got my tablet back yesterday. There isn't any note or anything in the box, other than the piece of paper I had originally sent with it containing my name & address.

It appears to be fixed - the battery is charging (it had a little charge on it when it came). It also has been upgraded to 4349.

I'm still concerned about the charging port being on the fragile side. :(

dhanifin

Mar 26, 2011
San Diego, CA
For those of you with charging problems I have two Gtabs that I got during the first woot sale and both had intermittent charging problems after a month or so. I would have to rotate the plug around in the socket until the charge LED would come on. More often than not it would stop charging sometime later. I finally had to resort to pulling the charge cable tight across the screen and holding it in place with a large rubber band. One unit finally stopped charging at all.

I did a bunch of searching on XDA and found some references to bad solder connections on the internal charging port. I opened up the unit that wouldn't charge and resoldered all five connections to the motherboard. Four of the connections are ground and the fifth connection is the center pin which is the hot wire. After resoldering the connections it has not had a charge problem.

I took the second unit apart and resoldered just the hot connection and this fixed it. The hot wire solder joint is smaller than the ground joints and is also under the connector. I suspect that when this batch of Gtabs were made this one connection didn't get hot enough and after some use gets pulled away from the pad on the motherboard. This is why pulling the cord tight across the screen works. This pulls the front of the connector up which forces the back of the connector back down onto the connection.

wwhobrey

Jun 16, 2010
Viewsonic parts

Have you tired calling Viewsonic parts store. (888) 881-8781 Often, they can give you contact info for an authorized carrier of replacement part,...if they can't sell it to you themselves. I've done this in the past and worked well. Not for this part, of course, but it never hurts to try.

gaary8354

Jul 3, 2018
gtab

Any leads on this would be great... I would love to have the option to do this myself so I wouldn't have to bring my Gtab back to stock and ship it to Viewsonic.

Is there someone out there willing to open their tab and get numbers off the battery to research this?

if you turn it over take the 4 screws on the corners then split the case
number on battery
BT-A0B2 3650MAH/7.4V 27.0Wh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here are two pics, battery and label. I wonder if there is a source which sells this battery? My tab won't charge up and I'm thinking it could be the battery.
    Someone has done a tear down, I think you would need to find out what the make/model of the battery is. Once that is done, you shouldn't have a problem sourcing one.

Pictures of the inside of the gtablet here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=842354
    The battery is 5mm thick and 127X118mm The side that is 118 could go a bit bigger to 123mm You could also go 1mm thicker but the battery would be touching the back case then.
    Ha! They said the same thing to me, I mailed it yesterday. :cool:

I got my tablet back yesterday. There isn't any note or anything in the box, other than the piece of paper I had originally sent with it containing my name & address.

It appears to be fixed - the battery is charging (it had a little charge on it when it came). It also has been upgraded to 4349.

I'm still concerned about the charging port being on the fragile side. :(
    For those of you with charging problems I have two Gtabs that I got during the first woot sale and both had intermittent charging problems after a month or so. I would have to rotate the plug around in the socket until the charge LED would come on. More often than not it would stop charging sometime later. I finally had to resort to pulling the charge cable tight across the screen and holding it in place with a large rubber band. One unit finally stopped charging at all.

I did a bunch of searching on XDA and found some references to bad solder connections on the internal charging port. I opened up the unit that wouldn't charge and resoldered all five connections to the motherboard. Four of the connections are ground and the fifth connection is the center pin which is the hot wire. After resoldering the connections it has not had a charge problem.

I took the second unit apart and resoldered just the hot connection and this fixed it. The hot wire solder joint is smaller than the ground joints and is also under the connector. I suspect that when this batch of Gtabs were made this one connection didn't get hot enough and after some use gets pulled away from the pad on the motherboard. This is why pulling the cord tight across the screen works. This pulls the front of the connector up which forces the back of the connector back down onto the connection.