Project Super Camera on Steriods - V4 (Updated SEP 11)

Search This thread

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
Now the time has come after 3 years of fighting with the camera on the note 2, note 3 and note 4 trying to make it have unlimited recording limits (until space is full) is now POSSIBLE!

I have spent the last couple hours digging through and pinpointing the 1 thing that cuts off the 4k recording at 5 minutes and you are now able to record up to 1 hour in 4K. I may try to push it more later but this is a good start.

Instructions:
THIS IS NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP SO DO NOT FLASH THRU RECOVERY
1. Download the zip and extract the apk SamsungCamera4.apk
2. Download es file explorer and browse to system/apps/SamsungCamera4/
3. Make a backup of everything in that folder then delete everything in the folder
4. Copy over the SamsungCamera4.apk that you downloaded to system/apps/SamsungCamera4/
4a. (In V2) copy the media_profiles.xml to /system/etc and overwrite
5. set permissions to rw-r-r on the file
6. Reboot your phone
7. Once rebooted check to see if your camera works, once up look for KRM in the Camera icon to the top of the record button
8. If you see KRM then you have installed the mod successfully

If you have any questions please ask. I have recorded up to 35 minutes so far but ran out of space so please let me know if you can fully record to 1 hour. While this mod does unlock the full recording limits of 4k samsung has generously unlocked it already for 1920x1080 and below. That being said please do not use this mod for any illegal activity,

Also it will split each 4GB file into separate pieces- usually around 8 minutes-9 minutes

DOWNLOADS:
V4S(sprint)
V4T(Tmobile)
V3.2
V3.1
V3
V2
V1

CHANGELOGS:
V4
Added ability to use flashlight under 15% battery thanks to @dr.ketan
Made a version for Tmobile due to update that caused FC
Removed media_profiles.xml for now to tweak, gets rid of bitrate improvements (return to stock media_profile recommended for now)
removed button to take snapshots during 4k recording.. caused crashes

V3.2
Fixed recording while in call
Modified timers for recording so they are more accurate
Added snapshot button in UHD, Smooth motion and WHD (BUT DO NOT USE THE BUTTON IN THOSE YET)

V3.1
Fixed 4k unlimited, broke in V3. Fixed in V3.1

V3
(Thanks to @dwitherell back on the note 4 for telling me about how to do these)
Prevent audio from stopping/pausing when taking a pic or shooting video
Allow for taking video while in call

Broke 4k recording...

V2
4K bitrate turned up to 68Mbps from 48Mbps
Picture quality turned up to 100% from 96%

V1
4K can record up to a full hour
Modified recording icon

Some interesting information... the note 5 has a 20MP camera apparently because when u take snapshots it is around 5310x4000. Also when trying to change the resolution of slo mo to anything over 1280x720 I got garbled video so thats a lost cause.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxjNGO7Nicg&feature=youtu.be

XDA:DevDB Information
Project Super Camera on Steriods, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
kevinrocksman

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2
Stable Release Date: 2015-08-28

Created 2015-08-27
Last Updated 2015-08-28

Last edited:

Chaz187

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 5, 2011
Orange city
Now the time has come after 3 years of fighting with the camera on the note 2, note 3 and note 4 trying to make it have unlimited recording limits (until space is full) is now POSSIBLE!

I have spent the last couple hours digging through and pinpointing the 1 thing that cuts off the 4k recording at 5 minutes and you are now able to record up to 1 hour in 4K. I may try to push it more later but this is a good start.

Instructions:
3. Make a backup of everything in that folder then delete everything in the folder
4. Copy over the SamsungCamera4.apk that you downloaded to system/apps/SamsungCamera4/
6. Reboot your phone
7. Once rebooted check to see if your camera works, once up look for KRM in the Camera icon to the top of the record button

If you have any questions please ask. I have recorded up to 35 minutes so far but ran out of space so please let me know if you can fully record to 1 hour. While this mod does unlock the full recording limits of 4k samsung has generously unlocked it already for 1920x1080 and below. That being said please do not use this mod for any illegal activity,

Also it will split each 4GB file into separate pieces- usually around 8 minutes-9 minutes

DOWNLOADS:
V1

CHANGELOGS:
V1
Modified recording icon​

Contributors
kevinrocksman

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1
Stable Release Date: 2015-08-27

Created 2015-08-27
Last Updated 2015-08-27
Thanks for this man..... now the fun can start!!!

Reactions: Fredngo

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
Later tonight im gonna work on making the buttons transparent while recording to help prevent screen burn

Jhon998

Nov 27, 2013
UK - Live in UAE
Lol on a Z2 stock I can record unlimited amount of minutes, and no splitting files, I recorded about 10GB in one file until I ran out of storage

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
Lol on a Z2 stock I can record unlimited amount of minutes, and no splitting files, I recorded about 10GB in one file until I ran out of storage

For some reason i doubt this because all phones to my knowledge have a 4gb file limit due to how the software is written but id have to look at how the code is written on that one. Only way is for it to be written in 64 bit code

GAPO

Aug 15, 2012
Installed this mod and it works as stated. Thank you, Kevinrocksman! You really do rock, man!

Also, here is a similar thread about the international Note 3. I used this mod on the Sprint version with no ill effects. Maybe this will be of interest to you.

In any event, I greatly appreciate your camera mod!

Last edited:
Reactions: rayraycarter4

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
Installed this mod and it works as stated. Thank you, Kevinrocksman! You really do rock, man!

Also, here is a similar thread about the international Note 3. I used this mod on the Sprint version with no ill effects. Maybe this will be of interest to you.

In any event, I greatly appreciate your camera mod!

So this works on the note 3 and note 4?

GAPO

Aug 15, 2012
I have only tried it on the 3 but all aspects of it worked as stated with no issues. Dunno about the 4.

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
Version 3 is out!
CHANGELOGS:
V3
(Thanks to @dwitherell back on the note 4 for telling me about how to do these, had to tweak it a little)

V2

V1
Modified recording icon
[/CENTER]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Instructions:
    4a. (In V2) copy the media_profiles.xml to /system/etc and overwrite
    6. Reboot your phone

DOWNLOADS:
    V4S(sprint)
    V4T(Tmobile)
    V3.2
    V3.1
    V3
    V2
    V1

CHANGELOGS:
    V4
    Added ability to use flashlight under 15% battery thanks to @dr.ketan
    Made a version for Tmobile due to update that caused FC
    Removed media_profiles.xml for now to tweak, gets rid of bitrate improvements (return to stock media_profile recommended for now)
    removed button to take snapshots during 4k recording.. caused crashes

V3.2
    Added snapshot button in UHD, Smooth motion and WHD (BUT DO NOT USE THE BUTTON IN THOSE YET)

V3.1
    Fixed 4k unlimited, broke in V3. Fixed in V3.1

V3
    (Thanks to @dwitherell back on the note 4 for telling me about how to do these)

Broke 4k recording...

V2

V1
    Modified recording icon

Some interesting information... the note 5 has a 20MP camera apparently because when u take snapshots it is around 5310x4000. Also when trying to change the resolution of slo mo to anything over 1280x720 I got garbled video so thats a lost cause.

Contributors
    kevinrocksman

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2
    Stable Release Date: 2015-08-28

Created 2015-08-27
    Last Updated 2015-08-28
    V3.2

V3.2

Update to 6.0.1 in the works?
    No problem get it fix i will test asap

fixed, V3.1

The note 5 camera does work on the 4 and 3 also. I may have to get in contact with this guy to get help with some of the stuff he did.