HTC Mac Sync

Search This thread

jumal

Dec 12, 2007
Saint-Etienne
Fresh new link to MAC version

Hello, as previous link has expired, I've put on Dropbox the file again but I'm unable to post the link here as I don't have 10 posts on XDA forums. If interested, send me a PM.

For me (under OSX Leopard 10.5.8), synchronization worked two times, but since I've upgraded my Sensation to ICS, sync does not work anymore. Device not detected by HTC Sync... No answer at that time !

If HTC do not decide to develop a real functional soft for OSX, I'm afraid I'll have to change for an iPhone...

mkstevo

Mar 5, 2010
For me (under OSX Leopard 10.5.8), synchronization worked two times, but since I've upgraded my Sensation to ICS, sync does not work anymore. Device not detected by HTC Sync... No answer at that time !

If HTC do not decide to develop a real functional soft for OSX, I'm afraid I'll have to change for an iPhone...

I can't get HTC Sync to work since upgrading to ICS either.

I tried SyncMate, but that managed to wipe my entire contacts list and calendar (which I had asked it to do to prevent duplicates) but failed to leave me with a single entry in either on my 'phone. When I tried to sync again, it then tried to re-write and duplicate every entry on the iMac in both Address Book and Calendar.

Aaargghh!

I had backed up my address book before I started, so I restored it then synced it with GMail, exported my iMac Calendars to GCal and synced them back to the HTC. Phew!

For copying music and pictures, I've had to go back to doing it manually with Airdroid.

It is a real pity that HTC Sync has stopped working as I found it very good once set up. The iTunes integration worked very well and I used this regularly to update my playlist. If HTC Sync isn't fixed, I too may find myself looking to another device.

mkstevo

Mar 5, 2010
I [may] have come up with an answer to this:

I have on my iMac a copy of VirtualBox which allows me to run Windows (tm) in a virtual environment on the iMac. I use this as a final resort for those things that I can't do, and can't replicate in the Mac OS, such as the speed camera locator update software which is Windows only.

I decided to try the PC version of HTC Sync and see if it worked. I copied the software from the internal drive of the HTC Sensation into the 'PC' and installed it. After the numerous required reboots I tried to sync the HTC with the PC version of Sync. This failed, but I was notified that an update was available for the PC Sync. I downloaded and installed this. After another reboot, I tried again. This time the HTC Sensation was recognised and tried to sync. As I don't have iTunes, Outlook or any of the required programs on the 'PC' I couldn't sync anything, but it proved that the 'phone side of things was working.

I then went back to the iMac and reinstalled the HTC Sync (Mac) software. This then located the 'phone immediately and once I set it up as before, I was able to sync almost everything that I had done prior to the ICS upgrade. For some reason, it is refusing to work with the Calendar and stops if this is selected, but everything else seems to be working as before.

Here's hoping it continues to do so...

It may be that the PC version re-wrote some corrupt settings that the Mac version couldn't, or perhaps the PC version replaced a driver App on the 'phone, either way, it seems to have fixed it. If you have a friend that has a PC, it may be worth a try?

Top Liked Posts