[THEME/MOD]v21y 2.3.4 Arc'd Theme+QuickPanel MOD

Search This thread

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
As I was working on the current ROM I am trying to get going I got agitated and so for a break I themed it and made this while trying to get the extended toggles and tweaks to work right.

There is no need to do any wipes, as long as you are already on the stock 2.3.4 v21y rooted ROM that I posted. This theme is based off of the Xperia Arc UI and is FAR from complete, but I thought people would like something different with some functionality so here it is.

This will add the basic quickpanel toggles as well as the theme that I have included. All that is included so far is SystemUI, framework-res and some other small adjustments here and there.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for anything you choose to flash to your phone.

Screenshots:
2012-04-27181617.png

2012-04-27230834.png
2012-04-27231002.png

To install:
1. Have v21y already installed.
2. Boot into CWM Recovery.
3. Just flash the zip do not wipe anything.
4. Reboot.

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2kzxn29a46tr5sj

Thanks to UOT for the font and animation cause im lazy.
Lotherius for Tsugi, cause I kanged his quick panel.
Team Kang for teaching me to kang.
And everyone who supports our work.

Last edited:

lotherius

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
Very nice! I shall try this out :)

Any chance you could remove the battery full notice as well? I'm having to keep my system sounds at 0% because that ****e ruins my sleep. ... that is the main reason I've been threatening to fire up the smali editor...

Reactions: kwes1020

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
Very nice! I shall try this out :)

Any chance you could remove the battery full notice as well? I'm having to keep my system sounds at 0% because that ****e ruins my sleep. ... that is the main reason I've been threatening to fire up the smali editor...

LOL yeah, its not included here but I will do it in the next couple days. Im having a hell of a time with systemui acting right for some reason (probably all the smali edits). On what im running I have it already disabled and alot of other stuff, but its just insanely buggy at this point, so I put out the most stable thing I had for people to use.

I'm not sure why im having the issues I am, but its like nothing I have encountered before....

lotherius

Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
LOL yeah, its not included here but I will do it in the next couple days. Im having a hell of a time with systemui acting right for some reason (probably all the smali edits). On what im running I have it already disabled and alot of other stuff, but its just insanely buggy at this point, so I put out the most stable thing I had for people to use.

I'm not sure why im having the issues I am, but its like nothing I have encountered before....

How different is the code from the leaked 2.3.4? If you need to see what I did in Tsugi, feel free to rip anything that helps.

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
How different is the code from the leaked 2.3.4? If you need to see what I did in Tsugi, feel free to rip anything that helps.

I kanged quick panel almost verbatim lol. But, there is differences in ALOT of the smali. Especially around USB, signal, and points like that. I would almost be willing to bet you MIGHT be able to try this on tsugi and it may...fix some of the issues.

lotherius

Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
I kanged quick panel almost verbatim lol. But, there is differences in ALOT of the smali. Especially around USB, signal, and points like that. I would almost be willing to bet you MIGHT be able to try this on tsugi and it may...fix some of the issues.

Well, the good news is I didn't touch the USB or signal code at all. IIRC, Weapon had some changes to signal code related to how some of the lockscreens needed to access phone state, etc. Which is why I didn't mess with that code with a 10 foot pole!

The USB code looked like when LG first grabbed it, it had support for USB host in place, which they simply disabled. They may have messed some stuff up doing that, and fixed it for the final 2.3.4.

It is promising though that this isn't just a simple recompile of the leaked version, maybe we finally have a stable STOCK ROM for the g2x after all this time.

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
Well, the good news is I didn't touch the USB or signal code at all. IIRC, Weapon had some changes to signal code related to how some of the lockscreens needed to access phone state, etc. Which is why I didn't mess with that code with a 10 foot pole!

The USB code looked like when LG first grabbed it, it had support for USB host in place, which they simply disabled. They may have messed some stuff up doing that, and fixed it for the final 2.3.4.

It is promising though that this isn't just a simple recompile of the leaked version, maybe we finally have a stable STOCK ROM for the g2x after all this time.

lol weapons edits are not that bad. I have hella issues on 2.3.4 with signatures/non signed stuff. I see several small problems with 2.3.4 but they are easily fixed. First one is the dalvik rebuild issue you fixed with the repack, the literally kanged that code in.... The iffy wifi is visible in several spots too.

Awesome theme and toggles.
I think people are more about 3D looking toggles like these
http://db.tt/WU8LOber

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
umm thats not 3d...it doesnt even show any depth whatsoever...but you are more then welcome to kang my stuff and add your own icons and post it. I dont care.

Last edited:

lotherius

Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
lol weapons edits are not that bad. I have hella issues on 2.3.4 with signatures/non signed stuff. I see several small problems with 2.3.4 but they are easily fixed. First one is the dalvik rebuild issue you fixed with the repack, the literally kanged that code in.... The iffy wifi is visible in several spots too.

I resigned the entire ROM (except google apps) when doing Tsugi, so I may have avoided signature problems that way.

As far as Wifi, mine has settled down and is working well, though it has gotten "stuck" on an old wifi once this week. That's a problem I see on my TouchPad as well, so it may have to do with the Apple router at a friend's house which is the network they tend to get stuck on... the device will think it's still connected even when you're miles away, and of course, it isn't actually connected. Have to toggle wifi off and back on.

OH YEAH.....

Are you still using older versions of aapt/apktool/baksmali? Or have you updated to the latest versions? That could be an issue, might try switching versions to older and/or newer.

Last edited:

vn00914361

Dec 24, 2010
Westminster
Love the animation. Sorry about my idea and the pngs if you don't like em. Just a random thought of mine. Sorry though. No hard "peeling" huh :)

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
I resigned the entire ROM (except google apps) when doing Tsugi, so I may have avoided signature problems that way.

As far as Wifi, mine has settled down and is working well, though it has gotten "stuck" on an old wifi once this week. That's a problem I see on my TouchPad as well, so it may have to do with the Apple router at a friend's house which is the network they tend to get stuck on... the device will think it's still connected even when you're miles away, and of course, it isn't actually connected. Have to toggle wifi off and back on.

OH YEAH.....

Are you still using older versions of aapt/apktool/baksmali? Or have you updated to the latest versions? That could be an issue, might try switching versions to older and/or newer.

Everything builds fine, I tried resigning everything, but....needless to say i can make my phone go into s/w by installing apps after i did it. I dont think the issue is with the version of the tools, its more to the sha5/sig checker in the newer version of the lg crapware.

Love the animation. Sorry about my idea and the pngs if you don't like em. Just a random thought of mine. Sorry though. No hard "peeling" huh :)

no worries, i learned long ago cant please everyone. So I just do what I like. Those icons where ok but by no means they where 3d. :p

Last edited:

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
Here we go :)... Got it flashed on my phone along with the xperia S launcher and widgets.... (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1557091)

Lookin' good.

haha yeah was gonna include it, but im lazy and people should know where to find their own mods to go along with it.

Actually I want to release a rom one day thats completely in pieces. It will be like a treasure hunt of mods. Just giving the total package no one will ever learn anything except how to complain what they dont have xD

Reactions: moeahmad1995

lotherius

Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
haha yeah was gonna include it, but im lazy and people should know where to find their own mods to go along with it.

Actually I want to release a rom one day thats completely in pieces. It will be like a treasure hunt of mods. Just giving the total package no one will ever learn anything except how to complain what they dont have xD

I've always kinda liked the Xperia launcher in various versions because Sony appears to have made FAST and LIGHT key words in their launcher. Too bad it is horizontal scrolling. But I put up with that because the launcher is just very clean.

Stock launcher has always bugged me... they tried to make scrolling "pretty" but instead they made it kinda "boomerang/springy" feeling... like you have to fight if you want to scroll fast.

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
I've always kinda liked the Xperia launcher in various versions because Sony appears to have made FAST and LIGHT key words in their launcher. Too bad it is horizontal scrolling. But I put up with that because the launcher is just very clean.

Stock launcher has always bugged me... they tried to make scrolling "pretty" but instead they made it kinda "boomerang/springy" feeling... like you have to fight if you want to scroll fast.

Sony is definitely doing it right. Their images are super clean and well thought of along with their code. I'm debating on trying to do a port of a Sony rom just to try and for the beauty of their ui.

mrxovis

Jan 6, 2012
Thanks man! Is there a way I can turn on CRT animations with this mod?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

noobletsausecakebbq

May 31, 2011
Toronto
Hey man, I flashed this theme and my notifications bar is gone; I cant bring it up. Did you hide it or something, is there another way to bring it up? I didn't flash your stock rom, I just rooted the one I got OTA(are they identical with yours?)

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
Hey man, I flashed this theme and my notifications bar is gone; I cant bring it up. Did you hide it or something, is there another way to bring it up? I didn't flash your stock rom, I just rooted the one I got OTA(are they identical with yours?)

Oh yeah? it might not be the same then. Have a nandroid for me to compare? I've only tested it on my rom. I know you can't flash it at the same time as the rom, that's why I released it as a theme/mod.

If no one loads a nandroid guess ill rollback and try to get the ota..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As I was working on the current ROM I am trying to get going I got agitated and so for a break I themed it and made this while trying to get the extended toggles and tweaks to work right.

There is no need to do any wipes, as long as you are already on the stock 2.3.4 v21y rooted ROM that I posted. This theme is based off of the Xperia Arc UI and is FAR from complete, but I thought people would like something different with some functionality so here it is.

This will add the basic quickpanel toggles as well as the theme that I have included. All that is included so far is SystemUI, framework-res and some other small adjustments here and there.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for anything you choose to flash to your phone.

Screenshots:
    2012-04-27181617.png

2012-04-27230834.png
    2012-04-27231002.png

To install:
    1. Have v21y already installed.
    2. Boot into CWM Recovery.
    3. Just flash the zip do not wipe anything.
    4. Reboot.

DOWNLOAD:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2kzxn29a46tr5sj

Thanks to UOT for the font and animation cause im lazy.
    Lotherius for Tsugi, cause I kanged his quick panel.
    Team Kang for teaching me to kang.
    And everyone who supports our work.
    150 downloads in less then 24 hours and 3 thanks....1100 on v21y rom and 29 thanks....my there are a lot of non thankful people in the world lol...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    Yay, kwes hasn't forgotten about us :).

Nah I haven't forgotten. I'm a single dad so free time isn't exactly something that comes easy. I have a lot done but I'm having one major issue keeping me from a solid release. Once I can resolve it I will publish.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Sony is definitely doing it right. Their images are super clean and well thought of along with their code. I'm debating on trying to do a port of a Sony rom just to try and for the beauty of their ui.

I thank everyone for their work, even if I don't download it or use. Trust me if it wasn't against the rules to make multiple accounts, I would make like 10 to thank your hard working devs /themers

I know its prly ppl that don't even post...but oh well.