[App][10/Jan/10][v1.1] SpoonUKFlights - Flight arrival and departure application

Search This thread

DotNetCoder

Aug 5, 2009
SpoonUKFlights - Flight arrival and departure application

Introduction
This is a lightweight application which downloads flight data from BAA's websites. Arrival and Departure information is available for the following UK airports:

England:
  • London Heathrow
  • London Gatwick
  • London Stanstead
  • Southampton
Scotland:
  • Aberdeen
  • Edinburgh
  • Glasgow
Features
  • Full arrival and departure information. Including time, code, location and status
  • Colour coded flight status entries
  • Finger friendly controls
  • Two touch Airport selection
  • Minute-by-minute automatic refresh option
Version History
v1.0 02/01/10
Initial release

v1.10 10/01/10
Added: Icon, thanks to Artua.com
Added: IATA codes to list
Fix: Cancelling airport selection does not cause download
Fix: Does not load Stansted at initial startup
Internal refactor: Support for non-BAA airports (not yet coded)
Side-effect: Unsorted airports due to missing comparer interface

note:I update little and often. dont be surprised if I update a lot, then go quiet!

Requirements
* Windows Mobile 6 or higher. (Developed on 6.1)
* Needs .NET Compact Framework 3.5+.
* Untested on Windows Mobile Standard.

Donations
Donations are gladly accepted. Thanks!

Attachments

• sshot000.jpg
    sshot000.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 775
  • sshot001.jpg
    sshot001.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 33,107
  • sshot002.jpg
    sshot002.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 142
  • SpoonUKFlightsSetup.CAB
    12.6 KB · Views: 228
  • SpoonUKFlightsSetup1.1.CAB
    26.8 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:

astralmistral

Nov 20, 2009
Hey DotNetCoder,

It seems to be one v useful app as I fly a lot. I will def give it a try. Any chance to get Luton and London City on the supported airports list?

uniqueboy

Apr 11, 2006
Nice, thanks DotNetCoder....
....What are your plans for epanding the app to include other UK or indeed worldwide airports? I mainly fly to Cork, my point here is that the app is only useful on one leg of my journey. :)

wapvirus

Jan 24, 2008
London
Thanks what a useful little app All working fine @ time of testing hoping not to find any bugs :)

jools5431

Dec 17, 2009
Gloucestershire
US Flights and HD2

Just installed it and tried it briefly, lovely app.

I couldn't seem to find any US flights on it (or is it just me being blind)

Also, I've installed it on the HD2, but can't get the application back after awakening the phone. I have to end task in task manager and re-start it.

Any clues?

deedee

May 28, 2007
Coleraine
Great wee app, especially as i have some flying to do in the next little while. Two thoughts, can you give it a pretty icon, i just get the standard white exe icon.

Also another request for additional airports, the two Belfast ones would be really useful for me.

DotNetCoder

Aug 5, 2009
Thanks for the feedback guys and gals.

I originally only intended this for UK BAA airports, as they use the same code.. but after looking at some of the other suggested airports - they shouldn't be too hard to add.

There's lots of places, so I will focus on UK and Ireland international airports, then move onto the US, and then back to Europe.

This project could be quite lengthy - if any other VB.NET coders are reading this and want to help me write HTML parsers that would be v cool. Get in touch via PM if you can (of does anyone know of RSS feeds for this data?).

Before I release any more airports, I'll fix the update code - at the moment it locks out the GUI when refreshing, this will move into the background.

A globe icon has been added, so no nasty white spaces in the next version!

hsmcd

Feb 24, 2009
www.wmfreeware.net
Thanks for the feedback guys and gals.

I originally only intended this for UK BAA airports, as they use the same code.. but after looking at some of the other suggested airports - they shouldn't be too hard to add.

There's lots of places, so I will focus on UK and Ireland international airports, then move onto the US, and then back to Europe.

This project could be quite lengthy - if any other VB.NET coders are reading this and want to help me write HTML parsers that would be v cool. Get in touch via PM if you can (of does anyone know of RSS feeds for this data?).

Before I release any more airports, I'll fix the update code - at the moment it locks out the GUI when refreshing, this will move into the background.

A globe icon has been added, so no nasty white spaces in the next version!

great!! Nice to hear that..looking forward for the next release :D

devdarshan

Apr 10, 2005
London
Also a provision to select a default airport would be helpful.

Now when I start the app - it always goes to Stansted first and then I have to select Heathrow from the menu.

Overall a really great app! Very helpfull I must say...a must have if you travel

Last edited:

jools5431

Dec 17, 2009
Gloucestershire
Just installed it and tried it briefly, lovely app.

I couldn't seem to find any US flights on it (or is it just me being blind)

Also, I've installed it on the HD2, but can't get the application back after awakening the phone. I have to end task in task manager and re-start it.

Any clues?

I sorted the problem by installing Duttys Task Manager....Works great now.

I can't see any flights to and from the US, only europe. Are US flights on a different Database?

fil

Mar 14, 2006
essex, rainham
cool app, found on the open market place, tho only version 1.0, will update to 1.1 later

gatwick and stansted all good,

another vote for london city tho

ryhaddi

Dec 9, 2005
United Kingdom
WOW - great app... adding more airports ?

Is it possible to add London Luton and City airport ?
Also, if possible to add the Terminal information taht would be FANTASTIC !!

Keep on the good work ..

Ravel

YNWA

Nov 13, 2008
Athens
gr8 application congrats m8!!!!!!
could u add John Lennon Airport Liverpool?
thanx a lot again and...walk on...

DotNetCoder

Aug 5, 2009
Lots of work done on this, but not usable.

I coded in support for FlightStats.com, but it has a bizarre forced redirect to their mobile site, which doesn't have the info I'm looking for.

Background downloading is also in-place (no longer locks up the app during a download) - and you can cancel the download or quit.

Next airports I'm adding support for are Aena (Spanish), as I'm going on holiday there soon :)