So is there a way out there to fix a real live brick

Search This thread

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
So i had edged up from my M7, ended up selling that for 400. Got the M8, had 2 payments made, bricked it. So i had to pay off the 500 on the edge. Now whats interesting if you early payoff the edge, you are out of contract, COMPLETELY. So i ended up with a free standard upgrade, so i was able to edge again. thats a FYI if anyone is interested. Kinda sucks, but i made my money back already fixing computers this week. Any idea what i did wrong, i have flashed M7 & M8's & DNA's so many times....I know my way around. Im still baffled

Hard to say, there are lots of firmware brick problems lately. Could be removal of the hboot, could be you jumped to far ahead in firmware and had some loaders still (like hboot perhaps) that were incompatible with some of the loaders in new firmware. Seeing a lot of this lately....

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

aer0zer0

Recognized Contributor
Hard to say, there are lots of firmware brick problems lately. Could be removal of the hboot, could be you jumped to far ahead in firmware and had some loaders still (like hboot perhaps) that were incompatible with some of the loaders in new firmware. Seeing a lot of this lately....

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

SO this is what i did.

1. I was running stock VZW with my selection of bloat removed.
2. I am also running custom edited HBOOT, one of the ones with the red text hexed to white (1.55 firmware all around)
3. i flashed evolution mods "fixed for now" kernel
4. This put me in a boot loop (load the OS, run for a sec, then reboot)
5. SO i flashed a few different kernels, scrosler, faux, etc... everything in the book to keep me from bootlooping. No dice and no wifi.
6. SO i was going to reflash the 1.55 firmware update (with kernel) thinking it would flash the stock kernel, and i be back to normal
7. BUT........... (and this maybe where i F'D it up) I removed the HBOOT from firmware zip (my reasoning being i had a 1.55 HBOOT already, and didnt feel like reflashing the modded HBOOT)
8. Threw it in RUU mode, flashed the zip, fastboot reboot, deader than a hammer. And that where i stand.

All MD5's prechecked (i can appreciate the necessity of this from where i work), i use ADB and fastboot commands quite well, we actually feed scripts into singleboard computers through a terminal emulator to prevent typos. Im just surprised i could actually do that.

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
SO this is what i did.

1. I was running stock VZW with my selection of bloat removed.
2. I am also running custom edited HBOOT, one of the ones with the red text hexed to white (1.55 firmware all around)
3. i flashed evolution mods "fixed for now" kernel
4. This put me in a boot loop (load the OS, run for a sec, then reboot)
5. SO i flashed a few different kernels, scrosler, faux, etc... everything in the book to keep me from bootlooping. No dice and no wifi.
6. SO i was going to reflash the 1.55 firmware update (with kernel) thinking it would flash the stock kernel, and i be back to normal
7. BUT........... (and this maybe where i F'D it up) I removed the HBOOT from firmware zip (my reasoning being i had a 1.55 HBOOT already, and didnt feel like reflashing the modded HBOOT)
8. Threw it in RUU mode, flashed the zip, fastboot reboot, deader than a hammer. And that where i stand.

All MD5's prechecked (i can appreciate the necessity of this from where i work), i use ADB and fastboot commands quite well, we actually feed scripts into singleboard computers through a terminal emulator to prevent typos. Im just surprised i could actually do that.

That wouldn't have done it unless the firmware you flashed was from another phone. Any chance you used your old m7 files?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

blazinandroid1

May 1, 2014
LA
If you like. You can try this. Option 2.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52115686

Make sure the phone is off. Just because your seeing nothing. Don't mean the phone is off.

1. Plus plug the phone into the outlet for 4 hrs
2. Remove SD card and place the ruu on the card
3. Rename the file. To what it says.
4. Press power and down volume at the same time.
5. Wait for it. I mean like 10 mins.
6. Press the up button.
7. Wait again. 20+ mins or so.
8. Hope this fixes it..

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Last edited:

aer0zer0

Recognized Contributor
If you like. You can try this. Option 2.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52115686

Make sure the phone is off. Just because your seeing nothing. Don't mean the phone is off.

1. Plus plug the phone into the outlet for 4 hrs
2. Remove SD card and place the ruu on the card
3. Rename the file. To what it says.
4. Press power and down volume at the same time.
5. Wait for it. I mean like 10 mins.
6. Press the up button.
7. Wait again. 20+ mins or so.
8. Hope this fixes it..

My phone is en route to houston to HTC, if they give me some insane price to fix it, ill get ti shipped back and try that. Its worth a shot at that point

Roefastford

Oct 18, 2011
Well, I just got notified that they fixed my phone under warranty free of charge. That's pretty awesome, I should have it back Thursday

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wow and some people have the gall to put down htc. Now you wouldnt see samsung doing that for free !!!!

aer0zer0

Recognized Contributor
Wow and some people have the gall to put down htc. Now you wouldnt see samsung doing that for free !!!!

so they say they sent "my phone" back. but they didnt, i got a refurb. But it had the most scratched up lense ive ever seen, couldnt take a picture worth a ****. So i sent it back demandung they send me my phone, or fix the lense.....we shall see

blazinandroid1

May 1, 2014
LA
so they say they sent "my phone" back. but they didnt, i got a refurb. But it had the most scratched up lense ive ever seen, couldnt take a picture worth a ****. So i sent it back demandung they send me my phone, or fix the lense.....we shall see

That's crazy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My condolences on the device, but you sir should be applauded for not going the route of "warranty" on a device that died by your hand. Does seem odd that you can't even get it to charge though.