[DISCUSSION] Xposed for Oreo

Search This thread

bggold

Sep 13, 2013
I don't understand you now. You said to use magisk with xposed and there is no statement it is mandatory to be installed. I have android 8.1 and flashed sdk27 xposed v90b1. I also tried material app installer which showed me no version to install...
No it is not required. Topjohnwu has a systemless magisk module with Xposed v90 that worked for me. Since I am using magisk it works out better anyways. Easy to disable.

I opened a bug report last night with that issue you have and I'm sure it will be fixed so you can use SuperSU.

Reactions: jugoslavpetrovic

Ozyc

Jun 17, 2017
App crash when you want to click on a module on the repository
I'll try to find the apk
SDK 27 Xiaomi redmi note 4x, aex 5.1
Xposed after flash was installed, but not active, you need to soft reboot

Diegc5

Dec 6, 2013
Spain
I have activated xposed perfectly but when I flash the uninstaller stays in bootloop and I have to re-flash xposed.
Does someome with this problem?
One plus 3 with nitrogenos 8.1
Unistaller 20180108 arm64
Thanks!!!

Wildchild0369

Mar 29, 2017
México
Work in moto z play xt1635-02, magisk 15.2, cosmic os arm64 Android 8.1:good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180109-205636.png
    Screenshot_20180109-205636.png
    112 KB · Views: 886
Pixel-2-XL, Oreo 8.1, Magisk 15.2
Used to install Xposed by XposedInstaller. It was success but a lot of troubles to install modules.
Now I install Xposed from MagiskManager.

If your phone stops booting up on the G-logo screen, please wipe dalvik cache.
If you have Xposed installed but Xposed-Installer shows it is inactive, please try wiping dalvik cache as well. (I have re-installed and wipe cache)

Kenneth196

Nov 14, 2010
Texas
P2XL, 8.1 Oreo, Magisk 15.2. Everything worked perfectly. Downloaded via Magisk (I clicked Download rather than Install. Then, went to Modules, clicked the + sign, and installed the downloaded SDK 27 zip)

I installed the xpised 3.1.4 zip and the framework wasn't detected, so I followed the advice in this thread and installed the other installer (the DVDandroid one) and everything works perfectly. Framework is detected. I'll play with it more later

iNFiNiTY_L00P

Jul 12, 2017
Device: Redmi Note 4
ROM: Cardinal AOSP ROM
Magisk: v14.0 (not updated ya!)
Android: v8.1 (Oreo obviously)

Works without flaws!
Everything is working fine without app crashes!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can use this thread for discussions about Xposed for Oreo. Please check the read-only thread for the download links and official updates.
    Just an FYI for those who are experiencing some issues regarding an error message 301/302 for the Repo within the Installer app.

rovo89 had enforced an HTTPS redirect on the Repo server, but the HttpURLConnection class used by the Xposed Installer has issues with following redirects from HTTP to HTTPS.

This redirect has been working for some but, not others.

I had created a pull request reflecting the corrections for the XPosed Installer within Rovo89's XPosed Installer on Github.

https://github.com/rovo89/XposedInstaller/pull/458

So far I'm still awaiting Rovo89's response.

This was all done yesterday. Let's give it some time. :thumbup:

In the meantime, i had created an Unofficial release with the URL fix for the Repo and its located on the following link.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=284172

I also kept the Signature in tact so when/if @rovo89 releases a fixed Installer app, updating the Unofficial version to the Official one won't be a problem.

Enjoy! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my SM-G900V device.
    For Pixel 2/XL installation of the beta build and other devices with A and B partitions : https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=75129747&postcount=4

In other words:
    1. Close the XposedInstaller app
    2. Download the zip
    3. Copy it to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/cache/downloads/framework
    AKA
    /sdcard/Android/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/cache/downloads/framework
    4. Open the XposedInstaller app
    5. If the zip is not showing as available to install, click the 3 dot menu
    6. Check the "Show outdated versions" check box
    7. The zip should show up in the app now, and should be installable through the app

Credit to @wanam for being the first to post this method.

TWRP installation doesn't work.
    Man I gotta say... Some of you guys are very ungrateful! Rovo did this fOr fun and for free and was kind enough to share his work with us... He didn't have to he chose to. It wasn't his job he doesn't owe anyone anything including an explanation or a statement if he decided to stop deVelopment that's his choice. I for one am very thankful he shared his wOrk for years!
    @rovo89 bro ...... Make xprivacy work in sdk26 O v90 the module is not working in beta ........ Make it work as you did in N v89 or lower ......... Make some possible to work in O ! Xprivacy module ! I really need that to work ! Mi A1 !
    You realize rovo isn't in charge of the modules right?

Also, you're being very rude. Nobody owes you anything so you can't demand it work and be updated. If I was the dev I WOULDNT update it because of this comment.