Liquid JB 4.2 Rom Droid 4 XT894

Search This thread

jsnweitzel

Apr 22, 2012
South Carolina
THIS IS NOW OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED BY LIQUIDSMOOTH.
I am still doing some of my own builds too.

I am running this daily now. Be sure you update to a newer build and flash Gapps when you update.

Get it here: http://d-h.st/search?search_by=2&search_for=jsnweitzel

Rom Slot 1 only and 4.2 Gapps

Updates:
01/06/13 - Keyboard lights (look for the build that says "keyboard lights" in the notes)
01/19/13 - Black call screen fix by Hashcode, fixed a few other bug
01/28/13 - Tether fix

This is heavily based on the STS-Dev Team (hashcode-dhacker29) and the liquid team sources. So a big thanks to them and to cyanogenmod, also to users fattire and redflea. Without their work-sources I will never have even tried this. This still has the same bugs as the other 4.2 roms.

You can find what modified code I used on github here: https://github.com/jsnweitzel.

As usually you are responsible for whatever you do to your device.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-03-14-34-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-03-14-34-14.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 2,642
  • Screenshot_2013-01-03-14-33-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-03-14-33-45.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 2,637
Last edited:

kwyrt

Apr 25, 2011
Columbus
Thank you sir! Been hoping someone would port this. Can't wait for the bugs to be ironed out!

Sent from my DROID4 - Eclipse

adizzle23

Oct 18, 2012
mcarthur
Thanks man, I'm happy to see a new ROM in the making. Hope the bugs get squashed out soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7

komani86

Oct 21, 2008
Doesnt seem to boot if flashed with SS2.11, but not sure if thats the problem. I'm not a fan of SS3 so i wont be trying to flash it with that.. anyone got any findings about the rom?
Installed safestrap 3.11 :) Stock slot gives reboot loops, but romslot 1 works. Still lost over 1 gb cause of it.. ah well!

I'm from europe and the data doesnt work ofcourse. Trying to adjust apnfis-conf.xml and build.prop using myfishbears GSM patch as a base. Still cant get GSM to work.. anyone from europe got any experience with JB4.1 or 2 and fixed it? It does find my carrier (NL KPN) and ticked on national roaming.

I found a post in the CM10.1 thread with correct settings, but if I try to adjust the settings the phone doesn't boot up.. the files are attached in the zip (the zip doesnt flash though I used adb push to get them on my phone)

I should just make a new post, but think this is more useful hehe :) I got the patch up and working! So people with a GSM rom can use the patch I attached for liquid rom :)
Dont forget to put national roaming on!

Thanks to olegfusion and myfishbear for the patch and love the rom (apart from the bugs ofc) so far jsn!

Last edited:
Reactions: ferkis

Kickbut101

Jan 25, 2010
Sweet! Don't realize how important this is until your in the dark trying to type something.

Like right now : )

Gonna give this a shot tomorrow.

Sent from my Droid 4 - KILLRom

My keyboard lights aren't working :-/ is there a setting that I'm missing? I installed fresh onto the slot-1

edit: Oh damn I didn't see the keyboard lights ROM this morning when I flashed. :) will try out!

Last edited:

Kickbut101

Jan 25, 2010
Everyone else able to send MMS's? I don't recall sending a picture since flashing but I have also done some contact editing since and want to isolate the problem.

kwyrt

Apr 25, 2011
Columbus
I figured I would post this here as well since it should work for all 4.2.1 ROMs.

Per tweet from dhacker:

“Moto KILLROM users someone tweeted me earlier and stated that if you turn off the lockscreen you can turn the ringtone back on”

I'm at work so I haven't had a chance to test this out. If anyone wants to try it let us now if it works. I'll be testing this out this evening.

komani86

Oct 21, 2008
Sweet! What bugs have been noted so far?

I think the most important one (thats why im on ICS again) is that you cant receive calls (blackscreen when ringing) unless you go into vibrate.
Bluetooth is a bit glitchy aswell.
Camera flash only works on focus.

Cant recall if there was anything else..

Respect to the devs on your hard work :)

local444

May 26, 2010
Does anyone know if third party camera apps work on this rom? Snapchat, instagram, the like.

kwyrt

Apr 25, 2011
Columbus
For those keeping up with this ROM there is a new 01/21 build up.

One thing I noticed with both the 01/18 and 01/21 build is that when I tried to flash over my existing Liquid ROM they both wiped out my gapps. In both cases I ended up wiping system, the reinstalling the current build along with gapps and that seemed to work fine.

Keep up the great work jsnweitzel. Really this ROM.

jsnweitzel

Apr 22, 2012
South Carolina
I suggest you flash the gapps every time you update. I had a issue with the play store crashing too. If you uninstall the updates then it should be fine and will update back to the latest version.

Edit -- the play store issue was with the 11-30 gapps, with the 12-12 ones it works fine. I add the gapps to my dev host folder and a build with the mms fix is uploading now.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

kwyrt

Apr 25, 2011
Columbus
"dumpstate" is requesting root access. Anyone know what that is? I'm ignoring it for now. LOL

Sent from my Droid 4 - LiquidSmooth

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS NOW OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED BY LIQUIDSMOOTH.
    I am still doing some of my own builds too.

I am running this daily now. Be sure you update to a newer build and flash Gapps when you update.

Get it here: http://d-h.st/search?search_by=2&search_for=jsnweitzel

Rom Slot 1 only and 4.2 Gapps

Updates:
    01/06/13 - Keyboard lights (look for the build that says "keyboard lights" in the notes)
    01/19/13 - Black call screen fix by Hashcode, fixed a few other bug
    01/28/13 - Tether fix

This is heavily based on the STS-Dev Team (hashcode-dhacker29) and the liquid team sources. So a big thanks to them and to cyanogenmod, also to users fattire and redflea. Without their work-sources I will never have even tried this. This still has the same bugs as the other 4.2 roms.

You can find what modified code I used on github here: https://github.com/jsnweitzel.

As usually you are responsible for whatever you do to your device.
    Keyboard lights now working!
    Downloaded the new ROM and added the changes in build.prop and apns-config.xml for non-american GSM functionality.

Can't try it atm, because no access on usb-storage, but will try it as soon as I get home.

@jsnweitzel: do I get permission from you to attach the gsm_patch.zip to the thread as soon as I tested it?
    I cant get this to boot. running stock JB now, safestrap 3.11. boots avatar rom just fine but after system wipe, factory reset, dalvil/cache, and even an internal sd wipe, flashing rom then gapps it shows me Moto splash screen vibrates then goes black.

Which ROM slot are you flashing to? I believe newer (kexec) Liquid builds need to be flashed to Slot 3. If I remember right, it goes:

CM10.1 (and Avatar since it's CM based) need to be flashed to Slot 1
    AOKP needs to be flashed to Slot 2
    Liquid needs to be flashed to Slot 3

* Eclipse (and any other stock based builds) can be flashed to any slot.
    Battery displays a level 30% less then every other ROM I currently have loaded... I'll be sitting on 40% force reboot enter ss load stock or rom1/2 and be at 70%...Should I be concerned about charging to 100% on this ROM?
    Sent from my DROID4 using xda app-developers app

before loading the ROM do a battery stats wipe, then load it and see if it is still doing this. sometimes when flashing the battery does not reset to the proper level, thus creating a false reading.