Wifi (not hotspot) insight needed

Search This thread

spoiler1041

Jul 6, 2011
Is there any reason my phone says it has a strong wifi signal but it keeps dropping wifi and starts using verizon network instead?

background:
new JB basband rooted and unloxk with jailbreak method
that's it........

Thought there may be a JB vs L4 modem and rom issue (New at this...)

Thanks

spoiler1041

Jul 6, 2011
Or it may be changing settings when one first gets the phone and doesn't read (not that there is a manual) about each setting first.:eek:

dmonger11b

Jul 18, 2012
Is it dropping while the screen is on? There's a setting to turn off wifi when the screen is off

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: spoiler1041

spoiler1041

Jul 6, 2011
Is it dropping while the screen is on? There's a setting to turn off wifi when the screen is off

That's what I thought the problem was but I was wrong............

Turns out the phone jack in the kitchen died so the wife moved the phone into the office. Cut my wifi signal by half, so in those areas where it was iffy to begin with, it was switching to Verizon.

I think it is all solved........(but I thought that last time. :)

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
When is the last time you rebooted your router?

As a pre-emptive strike, I am not interested in other devices work fine and there is no reason to because of that. They aren't using the same wifi card and they all behave differently with their own little quirks. Point in case, I have had my PC lose wifi, but my phone is fine and a router reboot clears it up.

Reactions: spoiler1041

spoiler1041

Jul 6, 2011
Compared the wifes s3 side by side with my note and they dropped together so did a factory reset of the router and all is well.

Thanks for the efforts.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

And it's not a signal strength issue?

When is the last time you rebooted your router?

As a pre-emptive strike, I am not interested in other devices work fine and there is no reason to because of that. They aren't using the same wifi card and they all behave differently with their own little quirks. Point in case, I have had my PC lose wifi, but my phone is fine and a router reboot clears it up.
    Is it while MMS messaging? I've noticed my phone switches to 3g/4g while sending MMS, even if wifi is on.