[Q][Urgent] Unlock Sprint Moto X? Buy unlocked from MotoMaker

Search This thread

TheSaw

Dec 24, 2010
Cluj
Hello,

I want to get a Moto X for Europe.

1. as a non-Sprint customer, can I unlock the phone for Europe usage?
2. if No, can I get a carrier-unlocked phone from moto maker?
3. if yes, can someone help me out with a code? :)

Notes:
It's urgent because I have to ship it in the next days to arrive in time.
I have a US address and CC.

Thanks a bunch!

Steve-x

Sep 28, 2013
Langley, BC
I don't think you want a Sprint phone at all. What bands do your providers use for HSPA/UMTS/WCDMA and for LTE?

With that information we can suggest the best Moto X variant to purchase.

RenSoAbrupt

Dec 4, 2013
Nassau
If your CC isn't issued in the US. You won't be able to purchase. Buying the model depends on which bands your carrier support for LTE if that is a concern for you. The T Mobile Moto X from their website comes carrier unlocked with no branding. And it's LTE bands are 2,4 & 17. AT&T model supports the most LTE bands. I don't recall all of them Wikipedia should help with that.

I'm assuming you're are buying from MotoMaker to get a customized one?

You can take the route of buying from eBay if the above is not the case, where sellers sell the unlocked AT&T variant which is the Mobile Nextel version? (I think), but no option to customize colors.

By the way why did you want the Sprint version?

Sent from my Moto X

Reactions: TheSaw

TheSaw

Dec 24, 2010
Cluj
If your CC isn't issued in the US. You won't be able to purchase. Buying the model depends on which bands your carrier support for LTE if that is a concern for you. The T Mobile Moto X from their website comes carrier unlocked with no branding. And it's LTE bands are 2,4 & 17. AT&T model supports the most LTE bands. I don't recall all of them Wikipedia should help with that.

You can take the route of buying from eBay if the above is not the case, where sellers sell the unlocked AT&T variant which is the Mobile Nextel version? (I think), but no option to customize colors.

Sent from my Moto X

I did take the ebay route, and after so much digging about several models, I just decided to get the Moto X, and found a good price for it. I also checked that it can be carrier unlocked, but didn't know it's not for all carriers. So I didn't check if you can unlock Sprint or not.
Sad thing is, I already won the bid for the phone. And now I don't know what to do, because if I pay for it, I will have an unusable phone in my country :(.

I'd order from the MotoMaker (friend of mine has US CC), but the price is a bit high for me there. That's why I asked if someone maybe has a $150 off code, I saw people offering.

What do you suggest?

I don't think you want a Sprint phone at all. What bands do your providers use for HSPA/UMTS/WCDMA and for LTE?

With that information we can suggest the best Moto X variant to purchase.

Capture.PNG

Here are the bands, if the image is not showing for you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/41dapiaxppa5w72/Capture.PNG

RenSoAbrupt

Dec 4, 2013
Nassau
If you have a friend in the US that would be the best route.

Mines were unable to buy mines for me because the thought it would of been to much of a hassle.

I live in The Bahamas and had to buy mines through a US parcel forwarding Personal shopper service. Which in turn still turned out better than buying from eBay or Swappa. Reason being is that I got to customize it to my liking of colors and I got more memory for the money.

As for a code, surely someone around here has one they will give you for free. Or you can go to AndroidCentral to try your luck there, but for the most part users of XDA have some at their disposal.

Sent from my Moto X

Steve-x

Sep 28, 2013
Langley, BC
Your best bet is to purchase a tmobile version of the phone, it will not be simlocked. The Sprint versions are simlocked and I only Sprint seems to be able to unlock them.
I don't think any version of the phone will get you LTE, you may get HSPA (3G) but it is tough to confirm without having any true band numbers to compare to as several bands are similar in the US and other countries but aren't quite the same.

If you do have a US friend who can and will order a phone with a US credit card I do have a code to share. I just want to make sure the code gets used.

TheSaw

Dec 24, 2010
Cluj
Your best bet is to purchase a tmobile version of the phone, it will not be simlocked. The Sprint versions are simlocked and I only Sprint seems to be able to unlock them.
I don't think any version of the phone will get you LTE, you may get HSPA (3G) but it is tough to confirm without having any true band numbers to compare to as several bands are similar in the US and other countries but aren't quite the same.

If you do have a US friend who can and will order a phone with a US credit card I do have a code to share. I just want to make sure the code gets used.

Thank you for the info, I already got a code. I hope it's a valid one, since I can't try it out now, only when my friend comes online.

TheSaw

Dec 24, 2010
Cluj
how di you get it? it unlock it? i have the same problem more or less,i bought and sprint moto x in Ebay but i can't unlock it to gsm,i called sprint but they said i need to have an active account.

I bought the TMO version. I don't think you can unlock Sprint for GSM.
EDIT: Afaik, you need to been on Sprint fo 90 days to get it unlocked. Maybe you can talk to them, and ask the exact conditions. I couldn't do this, because I don't live in the US. My best option was to get the TMO version, even if it's more expensive. This is unlocked by default, and works in Europe. It's like the developer edition.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my Moto X