[Q] I9205 Recovery Flash?

Search This thread

drock3260

Jan 29, 2010
santa cruz
I have an i9205 that I am trying to fix for somebody. The phone was acting weird so he rebooted it and did a battery pull. After doing so the phone would just sit on the samsung boot screen. I could boot into download mode, but if you went into recovery mode it just said installing update. It would get to 100% restart and then just sit on the samsung logo. Everytime you booted into recovery it would do this. I downloaded kies and tried to reflash the phone. during the flash an error popped up and said to retry in emergency mode. That also failed and phone said "sw rev check fail fused 1 binary 0" on the screen. I am thinking now the only option is probably to flash with odin, but was wondering if anyone else had any ideas. thank you

Doghan13

Mar 13, 2014
After flashing a lot of samsung phone, I think the best way to reflash is Odin. Try to download the firmware you want and flash it with Odin. And then, reboot. This always save my phones.
For your recovery, have you tried to update your phone with OTA ? The download may be incomplete and make a soft brick.
Sorry for bad english I'm french.

drock3260

Jan 29, 2010
santa cruz
Thanks for the reply. ya thats what I am going to try. There are a ton firmwares based on country and I am trying to figure out which one I need. It is not my phone so I am not sure if he tried to do an ota, but I think thats probably what happened. Tried to do an ota, phone ran poorly, hard rebooted, and finally resulted in a softbrick. I think that may be why the recovery boot keeps saying installing update as well. Also your English was not bad at all.

Doghan13

Mar 13, 2014
Great, let me know if that solution solve your problem.
If it don't, it should not but it's possible, try with pit file (never had to use it so it's really in case it don't work correctly).