[UNOFFICIAL][ROM][WIP] Vanir-Exodus 5.0 Lollipop for the Samsung SGH-I547 comanche

Search This thread

Motorhead1991

Jul 6, 2012
As a continuation of discussions from the super thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2006388), I present the build thread :D.

Introducing Vanir-Exodus for the Samsung Rugby Pro (comanche):

What works:
- Phone: All works. We can hang up, recieve and send calls.
- SMS/MMS: Image messaging works perfectly.
- Wifi
- Bluetooth
- NFC
- GPS

What's still broken:
- Camera: this has been a fun one...
- Screen rotation: Just disabled in the kernel currently

Screenshots:

DOWNLOADS:
Vanir-exodus comanche

Credits:
- Kemonine96 - If you don't know by now, you haven't been around the comanche threads
- VanirAOSP team - Putting up with me as a pseudo-maintainer for so long
- Dave Kessler - Bringing up Exodus from the Vanir tree

Last edited:

Motorhead1991

Jul 6, 2012
Installation:
1. YOU MUST BE USING A RECOVERY THAT SUPPORTS SELinux. Currently, this is only the TWRP image I built before. I'll have the latest TWRP soonish.

2. BACKUP AND FACTORY RESET. Vanir checks for incompatible data and errors if it won't work. I won't answer "flash error" posts if you tell me you didn't format.

3. Flash the ROM, then GAPPs.

4. Enjoy the wonderment that is 5.0

Last edited:

Motorhead1991

Jul 6, 2012
Changelog:
1/10/15 - Fixed root access: The team was tinkering with a different root implementation, so gaining root became difficult. Root in this version works fine, but the UI is gone.

Last edited:

Motorhead1991

Jul 6, 2012
I really dislike sounding like a begger, but I could use your giys' help.

I'm currently building with 4GB of RAM, which as anyone who's source built can tell you, is quite low. Between the amount my onboard graphics eat, the file hosting and building, my RAM get's spent pretty quick.

What I'm currently looking at is a Gskill 16GB upgrade, which is about $140 max. This will not only speed up build times but help me run more things at once.

Never expected, always appreciated :).

G.Skill Ares 16GB upgrade

Last edited:

Sowden

Jan 16, 2013
Hey there. I thought I should post about the rom here instead of the super thread, no? Anyway, I have given it the two-three day daily test and it ran pretty good. The calls work great, recieve texts, e-mails fine. I took it out today and played soundcloud over bluetooth. It all ran great. But I do have a small list of things that didn't past the test.

These things are mostly small annoyances that I know will be fixed
The screen rotation only got a little annoying once it came to watching youtube videos, but I know that will be fixed
I still have some lost SD card issues and I can't really explain how it happens
The camera is still broken, but I know that will be fixed too
But I have had some big problems with the notifications. Its either that something is broken or I just haven't figured out Lollipop yet.
I can't seem to find an option to have the physical buttons flash as a notification light, I think there was an option for that in CM 10 (or am I wrong?)
I don't know how to change the quick settings panel in lollipop, is there a way to do that?
The notification tones don't work at all. The notification tone is selectable in the settings menu, but every time I get a text or email it doesn't go off
Phone ringtone is also selectable but nothing plays no matter what I set it to. it also doesn't play when I get a call
Heres a breakdown of the notifications on my phone
Call, screen comes on, no ringtone plays
Text, no screen comes on, no notification tone
E-mail, same as text
Also I get no vibrations. The phone vibrates while typing, but no vibration other than that for anything. I put the ring volume to vibrate and still nothing.
The count down clock and alarm tone does work though, and the alarm vibrates

Other than that, the phone works great. I have been using an older phone until this release came out, and boy is it nice to have a fast loading phone again, with such a great screen too. Thanks man for all of your work, I'll donate when I can :) Later.

Edit: Also I have found that this ROM is not rooted. Is that true? Thanks.

Last edited:

Syncline

Jan 31, 2012
Changelog:
1/10/15 - Fixed root access: The team was tinkering with a different root implementation, so gaining root became difficult. Root in this version works fine, but the UI is gone.

Quick question about the root access on this ROM. I've installed SuperSU and when I open it, it tells me the binaries need to be updated. When I go to update the binaries, it always fails. I'm assuming I missed doing something to enable the root access, so any advice would be appreciated.

Motorhead1991

Jul 6, 2012
Quick question about the root access on this ROM. I've installed SuperSU and when I open it, it tells me the binaries need to be updated. When I go to update the binaries, it always fails. I'm assuming I missed doing something to enable the root access, so any advice would be appreciated.

On this build they basically removed the root manager interface, so root is handled by appops (or something similar). Why they (the android aftermarket) went this way is beyond me. Any time you go to activate a root app, a prompt should come up. (If it doesn't, open Settings > Developer Options > Root access, and tap "apps and adb" or whatever suits your needs).

If you'd rather use SuperSU (or any others), find a flashable zip and flash it in recovery. This should correct any issues you have with using said app.

Syncline

Jan 31, 2012
On this build they basically removed the root manager interface, so root is handled by appops (or something similar). Why they (the android aftermarket) went this way is beyond me. Any time you go to activate a root app, a prompt should come up. (If it doesn't, open Settings > Developer Options > Root access, and tap "apps and adb" or whatever suits your needs).

If you'd rather use SuperSU (or any others), find a flashable zip and flash it in recovery. This should correct any issues you have with using said app.

Thanks, appreciate the assistance.

FishyGlitcher

Mar 16, 2020
Moto G 5G
Need the rom if possible :)

Hi, I am still using this phone as a daily and it is now slowe than ever and I was wondering if someone still have the rom since the links are broken. Thanks :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As a continuation of discussions from the super thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2006388), I present the build thread :D.

Introducing Vanir-Exodus for the Samsung Rugby Pro (comanche):

What works:
    - Phone: All works. We can hang up, recieve and send calls.
    - SMS/MMS: Image messaging works perfectly.
    - Wifi
    - Bluetooth
    - NFC
    - GPS

What's still broken:
    - Camera: this has been a fun one...
    - Screen rotation: Just disabled in the kernel currently

Screenshots:

DOWNLOADS:
    Vanir-exodus comanche

Credits:
    - Kemonine96 - If you don't know by now, you haven't been around the comanche threads
    - VanirAOSP team - Putting up with me as a pseudo-maintainer for so long
    - Dave Kessler - Bringing up Exodus from the Vanir tree
    Installation:
    1. YOU MUST BE USING A RECOVERY THAT SUPPORTS SELinux. Currently, this is only the TWRP image I built before. I'll have the latest TWRP soonish.

2. BACKUP AND FACTORY RESET. Vanir checks for incompatible data and errors if it won't work. I won't answer "flash error" posts if you tell me you didn't format.

3. Flash the ROM, then GAPPs.

4. Enjoy the wonderment that is 5.0
    Changelog: