S-ON again after AlphaRevx instructions

Search This thread

DeCex

Oct 15, 2010
For maybe some more like me that want to go back to what it use to be with the hboot S-OFF, S-ON issue.

I had my phone S-OFF with alpharevx beta. Used CM7 -stable for couple days but decided i wanted to go back to all original. I first RUU my phone with the RUU_Buzz_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.22.405.1_Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10_release_160191_signed.exe file. Boot it up, made sured it runs, then did what is instructed below here;

To be able to do this you need HTC USB drivers installed. Install the HTC pakage, reboot, uninstall the HTC-

Sync software, keep the drivers! reboot PC again.

Power off your phone. Plug in your USB cable to phone. Press volume down and powerup your phone. After it

settle navigate down and choose fastboot option.

1. Unpack these files to your c:\fastboot
2. Open up your windows command promt (WinVista/7 users rightclick choose run as Administrator)
3. in command promt type CD\ then press enter
4. then your should be in C:\
5. type cd fastboot
6. then you should now be in dir C:\fastboot
7. Im bored to death typing, look below. Beware of each command ends with enter. After success, reboot.

C:\fastboot>fastboot oem mb 9C068490 1 30
... OKAY

C:\fastboot>fastboot flash hboot hboot_buzz_7225_1.01.0001.nb0
sending 'hboot' (512 KB)... OKAY
writing 'hboot'... OKAY

Files needed (Windows version): megaupload.com/?d=UO9L74I9
Works perfectly for me.

* NOTE: Im not responsible for your phone if you brick/kill it. These steps worked for me!

Attachments

• fastboot.zip
    561.6 KB · Views: 11,441
G

gabryel48

I just have a question, ehm if i want to RUU my WF, do i have to follow the procedure you described in the first post Before or After using RUU***.exe?

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
I just have a question, ehm if i want to RUU my WF, do i have to follow the procedure you described in the first post Before or After using RUU***.exe?

After is better to avoid potential problems with Custom Recoveries and ROMs. Which is precisely what the OP says as well. ;)

I first RUU my phone with the RUU_Buzz_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.22.405.1_Radio_13.55.55.2 4H_3.35.20.10_release_160191_signed.exe file. Boot it up, made sured it runs, then did what is instructed below here;

Mar 24, 2011
Oradea
I had to triple check what I typed out of fear of brick, but alas, it worked like a charm!

Small Edit: This method also works with AlphaRev X (version 0.2pre5) that they just released.

Last edited:
B

bx19

Is it possible to keep the root and to flash the stock hboot to get the s-on?
Seems like no one tried it yet. For such a kind of thing, just after ruu, one should root the phone with superone click root method and then go for hboot flashing. But can't expect how the results will be. I think it will not brick since it is a fast boot flash. The possibility is the stock OS then becoming instable and unbootable. If so, just think there will not be alpharevx s-off option then, since it needs a full booted phone. And since there is no custom recovery, I think it becomes hard to make it normal (don't know if Su binary can be cleared from hboot menu through clear storage).

A better thing to try is retaining the custom recovery and flashing stock hboot. But still I can predict nothing. Ofcourse it might not brick the phone. But before doing anything, it is better to take the suggestion of the devs.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Last edited:

rickwyatt

Feb 7, 2007
london
ok im the frist to try relocked my hboot and keeping clockwork recovery it recovery still flashes roms wipes phone still boots and rooted but if i copy anything to system it it wont let me add anything if i do all the memory on system is droped

Sent from my Blade using XDA App

Last edited:

fa1zali

Nov 22, 2010
thank you very much it works!!!!!!!!!!!:D
alpharev x logo removed and again s-on ......thnx

lex25288

Nov 4, 2010
York
ok im the frist to try relocked my hboot and keeping clockwork recovery it recovery still flashes roms wipes phone still boots and rooted but if i copy anything to system it it wont let me add anything if i do all the memory on system is droped

The S flag is there to prevent you from damaging your phone by messing around with its system partition when the phone is on, NOT when it is off or in recovery mode!!!

Reactions: hoho20022222

fa1zali

Nov 22, 2010
can you please post hboot 1.01.0002 the latest one....and also the stock recovery for froyo wildfire

Fr3ddY303

Dec 9, 2010
Thanks so much for this..

Downgraded from AlphaRevX to hboot 0.80.007 this morning worked prefect. (hboot_7225_0.80.0007_100809.nb0)

Buzz PVT Ship S-ON
HBOOT -0.80.007
Aug 9 2010,22:37:43

This was done on a Telstra stock rom
RUU_Buzz_Froyo_Telstra_WWE_2.38.841.1_Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10_release_167270

I ran the Rom throw Kitchen and removed all the Telstra Apps before for installing the Rom..

Last edited:
B

bx19

Downgraded from AlphaRevX to hboot 0.80.007 this morning worked prefect. (hboot_7225_0.80.0007_100809.nb0)

Buzz PVT Ship S-ON
HBOOT -0.80.007
Aug 9 2010,22:37:43

This was done on a Telstra stock rom
RUU_Buzz_Froyo_Telstra_WWE_2.38.841.1_Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10_release_167270
How did you do that. What is the fastboot command for downgrading from alpharevx hboot to stock hboot 0.80

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Fr3ddY303

Dec 9, 2010
bharatgaddameedi

I just used the fastboot commands that was listed.

C:\fastboot>fastboot flash hboot hboot_7225_0.80.0007_100809.nb0

Thanks to DeCex

From this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1160251

But if you try an use unrevoked v3.32 their is and error (version is to new)

So will try sometime today and go to hboot_7225_0.80.0004_100610.nb0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For maybe some more like me that want to go back to what it use to be with the hboot S-OFF, S-ON issue.

I had my phone S-OFF with alpharevx beta. Used CM7 -stable for couple days but decided i wanted to go back to all original. I first RUU my phone with the RUU_Buzz_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.22.405.1_Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10_release_160191_signed.exe file. Boot it up, made sured it runs, then did what is instructed below here;

To be able to do this you need HTC USB drivers installed. Install the HTC pakage, reboot, uninstall the HTC-

Sync software, keep the drivers! reboot PC again.

Power off your phone. Plug in your USB cable to phone. Press volume down and powerup your phone. After it

settle navigate down and choose fastboot option.

1. Unpack these files to your c:\fastboot
    2. Open up your windows command promt (WinVista/7 users rightclick choose run as Administrator)
    3. in command promt type CD\ then press enter
    4. then your should be in C:\
    5. type cd fastboot
    6. then you should now be in dir C:\fastboot
    7. Im bored to death typing, look below. Beware of each command ends with enter. After success, reboot.

... OKAY

C:\fastboot>fastboot flash hboot hboot_buzz_7225_1.01.0001.nb0
    sending 'hboot' (512 KB)... OKAY
    writing 'hboot'... OKAY

Files needed (Windows version): megaupload.com/?d=UO9L74I9
    Works perfectly for me.

* NOTE: Im not responsible for your phone if you brick/kill it. These steps worked for me!

The S flag is there to prevent you from damaging your phone by messing around with its system partition when the phone is on, NOT when it is off or in recovery mode!!!
    That's the OTA Update for 1.25.720.1. First install the 1.25.720.1 EXE RUU (Available at Shipped ROMs), then you can apply that ZIP from the Stock Recovery, by renaming it as update.zip.
    How to remove clockworkmod and install stock one? Im searching everywhere, but cant find anything.

There are two ways to achieve this:

1: Flash an RUU. It will restore your Stock Recovery

2: Incase you don't want to flash an RUU, download an RUU, extract its ROM.zip (Video Guide here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbfbcsvZa6E)

Once you get the ROM.zip, extract the Recovery.img file from it, then flash it via Fastboot. The procedure to do that remains the same as described in the first post, with the following changes:

- You place the recovery.img file in the folder called fastboot
    - Instead of 2 commands, you just have to use 1 command : fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

This will again restore the Stock Recovery.

NOTE - Method 2 needs the AlphaRev / Revolutionary S-OFF HBoot. Incase you have removed it already, then you will have to flash the RUU.