Pdf reader

Search This thread

s28

Apr 6, 2012
I like to read a lot of magazines in my tab, most are in Pdf format. I'm currently using adobe reader since it is the only one that is very quick responsive and fluid. However this app is not really made for reading books so the experience isn't so nice. I have tried moon, aldiko, goreader and non of them works well. They are very laggy and slow. Any suggestions? I am very desparate!! Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium HD app

hairynoggin

Jul 29, 2010
try ezpdf reader.... its not bad with quite a few options. (better than Adobe's effort)

I think they all seem to suffer from lag

romac

Jun 12, 2007
I agree, ezpdf reader is by far the best pdf reader currently out there. It has many features including annotate and read back.

s28

Apr 6, 2012
I tried ezpdf the rendering to the odf is nice but it loads every time I flip a page? Why is this so? It seems that it its havung a hard time browsing through the pdf however this shouldn't be a problem any more since its already dualcore right??

rophil

Jan 22, 2012
I'm using SmartDevice PDF Reader (free from Samsung Apps). It renders pages faster than others.

cthang

Apr 10, 2012
I just loaded a couple PDFs onto my 7.7, and for the most part it loads things very smoothly with EzPDFreader.

However, pretty much any larger PDF (~100mb) does not render very quickly... every page turn I have to see a "loading" icon. Is there something I can adjust within ezpdf? I really like its UI and overall features, but super slow loading may be a dealbreaker. I'm thinking about giving Repligo a try.
And if anyone else has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear em!

Theory

Sep 21, 2008
In order of personal frequency of use: Repligo, Mantano... and (not so much anymore) EzPDF.

Reactions: s28

s28

Apr 6, 2012
I just loaded a couple PDFs onto my 7.7, and for the most part it loads things very smoothly with EzPDFreader.

However, pretty much any larger PDF (~100mb) does not render very quickly... every page turn I have to see a "loading" icon. Is there something I can adjust within ezpdf? I really like its UI and overall features, but super slow loading may be a dealbreaker. I'm thinking about giving Repligo a try.
And if anyone else has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear em!

I agree!! This is exactly what's happenning to me!!

s28

Apr 6, 2012
Was able to try out mantano and it works great! And looks great too

cthang

Apr 10, 2012
Aside from EzPDF which I've been having issues loading large file slowly, I've just now tried Repligo and Mantano.

Repligo and Mantano both seem to render the images more quickly than EZPDF. I feel like Repligo is missing some pretty nice features found in some of the others. Mantano is looking like a pretty good option. Nice UI, fairly quick rendering of my larger PDFs along with some nice features. Although I feel like the text quality in Mantano doesn't appear as good.

For now, I'll probably split my PDF usage between EzPDF and Mantano. Anyone have any other pdf apps to try?

s28

Apr 6, 2012
Mantano is good for handling large book libraries which would make it useful if you use your tab to read a lot. Repligo on the other hand is a more basic pdf reader it had less features and in turn makes it really fast and responsive

Larena61

Jan 7, 2012
Madrid
I think Ez PDF is the best reader but I have random battery drain problems with this app both on galaxy note and on galaxy tab 7.7 sometimes it goes OK and sometimes it eats up the battery, when this happens I check the task manager and is red with almost 50% of CPU usage.

I don't know what`s wrong with this app, it happens with pro, lite and Note version in several GB ROMs and now in HC with the 7.7

I'm currently using repligo with no battery problems and super low RAM usage

Anyone else with this problem ?

Last edited:

jeslan

Mar 5, 2010
Edroid pdf reader. I use it for large magazine pdf's

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk 2

Larena61

Jan 7, 2012
Madrid
Great reader, EBookDroid, didn´t know this app, smooth, a lot of settings and good quality if the CPU and RAM usage is low will be my definite reader

Larena61

Jan 7, 2012
Madrid
After using ebookdroid for a few hours it's the best PDF reader I've ever used and I think I've checked out all of them, performance is great, no CPU issues and a lot of options to personalize the reader.

I'd like to thank jeslan and Theory for letting us know about the program

Last edited:

Masterface7

Dec 31, 2007
I tried ezpdf the rendering to the odf is nice but it loads every time I flip a page? Why is this so? It seems that it its havung a hard time browsing through the pdf however this shouldn't be a problem any more since its already dualcore right??

You can disable the page flip in the menu. When it is just a slide to the next page it works pretty smooth for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In order of personal frequency of use: Repligo, Mantano... and (not so much anymore) EzPDF.