[How-To] All-In-One Guide For Asus Infinity (TF700) [25/03/2013]

Search This thread

d14b0ll0s

Sep 4, 2011
Thanks for the report, I'll add it to the "avoid" list in apps thread. I'm glad you got out of the trouble after all.

Last edited:

droug99

Jun 27, 2010
Hi guys,, Just a little big help..

I'm rooting my Tf700 but i stoped where you see in image.. What it is supposted to do??

Thanks

Attachments

• Help.jpg
    Help.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 745

Luckyv1

Aug 17, 2011
sorry if this sounds VERY NOOBISH

Sorry if this sounds very noobish..... I'm new to the tf700 n Android tablet but do I go through every single step u that u had posted to do a proper jailbreak on this tablet...... my knowledge of jail breaking is limited but willing to learn ...... I jailbrooken my HTC evo 4g n I was able to do it on the first try but it didn't have this much steps like this so plz any tips will help....

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
Sorry if this sounds very noobish..... I'm new to the tf700 n Android tablet but do I go through every single step u that u had posted to do a proper jailbreak on this tablet...... my knowledge of jail breaking is limited but willing to learn ...... I jailbrooken my HTC evo 4g n I was able to do it on the first try but it didn't have this much steps like this so plz any tips will help....

First the jailbreak term is not used with Android devices ( some android fanboy in here could jump on you just for using that word :D), but most users associate that with ROOTING in the andoid world.
So to make it simple for you only two things are needed to completely unlock your device and these are Rooting and Bootloader Unlock but if you are new to android i recommend you to start with the Rooting method first, then read more about bootloader unlocking benefits and risks.

Inviato dal mio ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T con Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Luckyv1

Luckyv1

Aug 17, 2011
First the jailbreak term is not used with Android devices ( some android fanboy in here could jump on you just for using that word :D), but most users associate that with ROOTING in the andoid world.
So to make it simple for you only two things are needed to completely unlock your device and these are Rooting and Bootloader Unlock but if you are new to android i recommend you to start with the Rooting method first, then read more about bootloader unlocking benefits and risks.

Inviato dal mio ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T con Tapatalk 2

Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to affend anyone ...... and I. Would like to root n maybe install a custom rom .... and. If its like rooting my evo I understand sum of the benifits n sum. Of the dangers. Of doing it..... n. I will read up a lot more before trying it for. Myself. Wish. I had sum. I knew. That could actually show me the if I'm. Doing it right but then. I. Got the next. Best. Thing. Is people n forums like you guys willing. To. Help. Noobs. Like. Me

ghenarys

Jan 22, 2009
Essonne
I'm trying to restore my TF700 with custom recovery (TWRP) but after verifying partition size, I've got a msg "Error flashing zip external_sdcard/recover.zip" and "failed" write in red.

In fact, I trying to restore my TF700 because wallpaper dont filled the entire screen with Apex or Go Launcher in portrait mode but work fine with stock launcher and I dont know where the problem came from.
Has someone already meet this problem ?

d14b0ll0s

Sep 4, 2011
Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to affend anyone ...... and I. Would like to root n maybe install a custom rom .... and. If its like rooting my evo I understand sum of the benifits n sum. Of the dangers. Of doing it..... n. I will read up a lot more before trying it for. Myself. Wish. I had sum. I knew. That could actually show me the if I'm. Doing it right but then. I. Got the next. Best. Thing. Is people n forums like you guys willing. To. Help. Noobs. Like. Me

Not. If you. Write like. This.

I'm trying to restore my TF700 with custom recovery (TWRP) but after verifying partition size, I've got a msg "Error flashing zip external_sdcard/recover.zip" and "failed" write in red.

In fact, I trying to restore my TF700 because wallpaper dont filled the entire screen with Apex or Go Launcher in portrait mode but work fine with stock launcher and I dont know where the problem came from.
Has someone already meet this problem ?

Sorry if I missed something, but how is reflashing the system needed for restoring the stock launcher? Why not just use "clear defaults"?

ghenarys

Jan 22, 2009
Essonne
Stock launcher show correctly wallpaper in portrait and landscape mode.
Go launcher and Apex launcher made wallpaper smaller on portrait mode even when I've try with 3000*3000 wallpaper.
I got 1 or 2 black row without wallpaper.

d14b0ll0s

Sep 4, 2011
Stock launcher show correctly wallpaper in portrait and landscape mode.
Go launcher and Apex launcher made wallpaper smaller on portrait mode even when I've try with 3000*3000 wallpaper.
I got 1 or 2 black row without wallpaper.

Unfortunately this is standard behaviour for them. See the threads in themes & apps section, I think only the overpriced SPB Shell 3D and stock launcher do this correctly.

razgrizpr

Feb 2, 2012
Thank you for the instructions. I have the TF201 and was kinda worried that it wouldn't work but it was actually better than the TF201.

Worked like a charm.

Much appreciated!

Mr Zulu

Jun 15, 2008
*** Rooting Your TF700 with Debugfs automated root ***

Note: Rooting will NOT void your Warranty!!!
Before you start make sure that:
* USB Debugging is activated (on your device go to Settings/Developer Options/USB debugging)
* Unknown Sources is activated ( on your device go to Settings/Security/Unknown sources )
* Make sure Asus Sync Tool is not running on your PC

========= Rooting procedure =========

1) Create a folder on your desktop an name it " TF700 Rooting " (you can use a different name but i will use this name in this guide)
2) Download Asus USB drivers and Debugfs automated root from here
3) Extract the downloaded files to TF700 Rooting folder
4) Power ON your device and connect it to a USB port on your PC
5) If Windows is asking for the drivers point the driver installer to the Asus USB drivers in the TF700 Rooting folder ... if not, install the ADB drivers from Windows Device Manager (if you don't know how to do it then you better stay off from rooting your device)
6) Open the TF700 Rooting folder and run RootDebugfs.bat (right click --> Run As Administrator) 7) Select option "1" and press "Enter"
8) Follow the instructions on-screen

DONE, if you did everything right your device will be rooted.

I'm not a developer on anything but I'm tech savey enough to figure most things out and I have never had any problem doing registry edits in my windows computers/devices. But I'm a bit new to Android still and don't know a lot about how the various hack methods work or even a lot of the terminology. But when I see a simple 8 step procedure that a gazillion people are having success with, I jump on it. Unfortunately, it wasn't so simple for me but mainly because I didn't know what was going on. I kept getting error messages about not detecting the partition. After figuring out the address of the partition I went to manual and then would continue until I got error messages about more than one emulator. Took me another 30 minutes trying to search through results that kept referring to a program I don't even use as being the culprit to finally realize, "Duh, I need to unplug my phone!". I always leave my phone plugged into my computer for charging. I'm running Android on it but the phone was made to run Windows Mobile and my computer doesn't even act like it can see the phone with Android... just charges it. So I didn't even think about it. Unplugged the phone and I was rooted in just a few short minutes.

Might I suggest making this a 9 step process with the first step being "Unplug all Android devices from your computer." I'm sure it seems obvious but at least it would serve as a simple reminder for others like me and save a bit of time.

Thanks a million for the rooting procedure though.

Reactions: Pretoriano80

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
@ MrZulu: Thx,i've just added this line (* Make sure no other Android device is connected to your PC) to the rooting guide.

ghenarys

Jan 22, 2009
Essonne
[Help] Flashing failed

I rooted, unlocked my TF700 and installed TWRP recovery
Because other launcher (Go and Apex) often FC, I try to flash EP201_768_SDUPDATE to find back my pad in factory way.

I got Android logo with statusbar but installation failed.

"Finding update package..."
"E: failed to mount /sdcard (no such file or directory)"
"E: Can't moun't /sdcard/Asus_BUNDLE.zip"
"E: Can't mount SD card"
"installing update..."
"Finding update package..."
"E: Can't moun't /sdcard/P201_768_SDUPDATE.zip"
"SD installation failed"

I can't enter anymore in recovery mode (TWRP) so I can't restore previous rom.

Edit : I succeed to reinstall TWRP via GooManager and entering recovery mode :victory:

Last edited:

xFrozen

Nov 8, 2011
1) Create a folder on your desktop an name it " TF700 Rooting " (you can use a different name but i will use this name in this guide)
5) If Windows is asking for the drivers point the driver installer to the Asus USB drivers in the TF700 Rooting folder ... if not, install the ADB drivers from Windows Device Manager (if you don't know how to do it then you better stay off from rooting your device)
6) Open the TF700 Rooting folder and run RootDebugfs.bat (right click --> Run As Administrator) 7) Select option "1" and press "Enter"

For step 6, it says to open as administrator. I did this, and when I got to the part where it was opening ADB port and detecting, it simply went back the the main menu after detecting the device. When I opened without clicking run as administrator, everything progressed well. I'm on Windows 8, if that matters. Just letting you know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** All-In-One Guide For Asus Infinity (TF700) - Rooting/Unlocking/NvFlash/Custom Recovery Install/Recover from Soft Bricks/Downgrading Firmware/Factory Restore/Various Tips &Tricks **

Warnings:
    * I'm NOT responsible for any damage caused to your device by using these tutorials so use them on your OWN risk.
    * Don't use the TF101&TF202 NvFlash solution/files or you will end-up with a very expensive brick.
    * UPDATE [23/09/2012] AndroidRoot.mobi team released their tool to make NvFlash working on our device.If you want to unlock your bootloader and stay safe than i strongly advice to use this tool after unlocking,and before starting the "happy flashing" of custom roms and stuff,getting access to NvFlash will make your device BrickProof
    * If you intend to use NvFlash please STAY AWAY from the 9.4.5.30 UPDATE

***This is a collection of guides collected from different threads on XDA Forum so credits goes to the original posters and all the people that shared precious knowledge here on XDA.Big THX to everyone.***

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

*** Rooting Your TF700 with Debugfs automated root ***

*This method works only with ICS roms

Note: Rooting will NOT void your Warranty!!!
    Before you start make sure that:
    * USB Debugging is activated (on your device go to Settings/Developer Options/USB debugging)
    * Unknown Sources is activated ( on your device go to Settings/Security/Unknown sources )
    * Make sure no other Android device is connected to your PC

* Make sure Asus Sync Tool is not running on your PC

========= Rooting procedure =========

6) Open the TF700 Rooting folder and run RootDebugfs.bat (right click --> Run As Administrator)
    7) Select option "1" and press "Enter"

*** Rooting Method For Unlocked TF700T Devices ***

*This method can be used to root UNLOCKED devices on Jelly Bean.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

*** Unlocking with Asus Unlock Tool ***

Warning: Unlocking WILL VOID the Warranty for ever and that's NO WAY to get back to a ORIGINAL condition/state.Also thats no reson to complain with Asus on this because the improper use of the Unlocked Bootloader could really damage your device (eg. bad kernel,bad overclocking ,flashing wrong stuff ... etc) .So read people,read and instead of flashing first and asking for help later just do the opposite,ask/read first and then flash.
    Also,after UNLOCKING your bootloader you WON'T BE ABLE to receive OTA updates anymore,but you we will still be able to update your firmware manually ,using the latest Official version available on Asus site.

** Why unlocking? **
    Unlocking the bootloader will give you more freedom to "play" with your device and more options to make it better.Here's why:
    - Fastboot Mode will be now available (used to install recovery and more)
    - You can install a custom recovery (you can install custom roms, do nandroid backups,etc)
    - You can install custom roms (improved user experience)

Here's the Guide To Unlock Your Bootloaderhttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1795156

*** TF700 NVFlash tool ***

** What's this? **
    NvFlash it's using "low level" access to your device (via APX mode) and it's the only tool that can help recover even from hardbrick but it's not provided or supported by Asus in any way,on the contrary,they are trying to do their best in order to stop us from using it,so basicaly without working NvFlash the only way you could recover your device from a hard brick would be sending the device to Asus and pay them for the repair.
    But AndroidRoot.mobi team managed to get NvFlash working on our Infinity so you now have the possibility to make your device BrickProof,so a big THX to them.

Just follow the links bellow and please stick with the guide that AndroidRoot.mobi team provided,you will be just fine.

XDA original thread - [TOOL][BRICKPROOF]TF700 NVFlash release!
    AndroidRoot.mobi team blog - NVFlash for Tegra3 – Transformer TF700T

Need Help with NvFlash? - Ask Here

TIPS/TROUBLESHOOT

* You are trying to flash the AndroidRoot bootloader but your device doesn't get recognized by Windows?
    * Your device is recognized in Windows Device Manager but your FastBoot commands are failing?
    * Your device is recognized in Windows Device Manager but you can't get Wheelie or NvFlash to work?

Most likely the above issues are the result of a missing or bad driver installation and the best way to fix is to manually uninstall the drivers from Windows Device Manager and manually install the drivers from the "Universal Naked Drivers" pack.
    Also if you feel tired and it's late night ,maybe you should just get a good sleep and try NvFlash again tomorrow. :D

* You are trying to "bootstrap" NvFlash mode using Wheelie, but it keeps saying that "blob.bin is not found" when running "$ wheelie --blob blob.bin " command.

Just copy the "blob.bin" file from the "AndroidRoot" folder ,wich you can find on your internal storage and paste it in the same folder where Wheelie and NvFlash are located.

* When running the "$ wheelie --blob blob.bin " command on my PC with Windows7 i get an error saying " $ is not recognized as an internal or external command"

Just remove the "$" from the command,it's not used on Windows OS.

*** Custom Recovery Installation ***

Warning: Don't use Rom Manager to install a CWM Recovery,it will soft-brick your device!
    Note: ATM there's only TWRP Touch Recovery available for Asus TF700 but works great .THX to TeamWin for their work .
    UPDATE (14/09/2012) : CWM Recovery is also available now.THX to dasunsrule32

======== TWRP Recovery Installation ========

TWRP recovery works on both ICS and Jelly Bean firmware and it's an unified version for 32GB/64GB TF700T
    There are two installation methods,the easy way using GooManager app and the hard way using Fastboot or ADB commands.Let's see how both ways work.

** Using GooManager **

1) Install GooManager from the Play Store
    2) Open GooManager and provide root permissions
    3) Hit Menu (or the button with the 3 dots on your screen) and then Install OpenRecovery

** FastBoot Method **

1) Install Android SDK
    2) Download TWRP Recovery blob and check the MD5 sum (don't skip MD5 check,is there to make sure the file is not corrupted)
    3) Rename the downloaded file to twrp.blob and put the file in the same directory as your fastboot.exe (unless you have /platform-tools in PATH then you can flash from anywhere)
    4) Turn off your device and boot to fastboot (power on while holding volume down, then select the usb icon and hit volume up to confirm)
    5) Plug the device into your computer
    6) Run the following command via the command line:
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery twrp.blob

(more on fastboot http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Fastboot )

Here are more links/guides on how to install the recovery:
    http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/105
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1798586

======== ClockworkMod Recovery Installation ========

** FastBoot Method **
    1) Install Android SDK
    2) Download CWM Recovery image from the original thread and check the MD5 sum (don't skip MD5 check,is there to make sure the file is not corrupted)
    3) Copy the downloaded file in the same directory as your fastboot.exe (unless you have /platform-tools in PATH then you can flash from anywhere)
    4) Turn off your device and boot into fastboot mode (power on while holding volume down, then select the usb icon and hit volume up to confirm)
    5) Plug the device into your computer
    6) Run the following command via the command line:
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot reboot

(more on fastboot http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Fastboot )

*** Factory Restore after a softbrick/Downgrade from Jelly Bean to ICS/Clean Factory Restore ***

When You Need This?
    * if you get stuck on Asus boot screen (the one with the spinning wheel)
    * If you don't like JB and you want ICS back
    * if you want to get back to a clean stock firmware
    Note: You need to have a working recovery (stock or custom) in order to use this method.

========= Recover /Downgrade from Jelly Bean to ICS/Clean Factory Restore with stock recovery =========

1) Download the desired Asus stock firmware (based on your SKU,eg. ww 9.4.5.26 ) *** to downgrade from Jelly Bean you need the 9.4.5.30 firmware***
    2) Extract the .zip file somewere on your desktop (the result will be another .zip file,use it for step 3)
    3) Rename the extracted archive to "EP201_768_SDUPDATE.ZIP" (without the " ") and upload it to a MicroSD card
    4) Insert the MicroSD card in your tablet and use this button combination to Power ON and go to recovery --> Start the tablet by pressing Volume Down and POWER togheter for 5 seconds ,a message will inform you that you have 5 seconds to enter the recovery,press Volume UP before the 5 seconds expire.
    At this point the device will go in recovery and should start updating your firmware .

Note: Keep in mind that Windows doesn't show the known file extensions so most users don't have to put the .ZIP extension in the filename.

========= Recover /Downgrade from Jelly Bean to ICS/Clean Factory Restore with custom recovery =========

1) Download the desired Asus stock firmware (based on your SKU,eg. ww 9.4.5.26 ) *** to downgrade from Jelly Bean you need the 9.4.5.30 firmware***
    2) Extract the .zip file somewere on your desktop
    3)Rename the file to something like "recover.zip" uploade it to the root of your MicroSD card
    4) Insert the MicroSD card in your tablet and use this button combination to Power ON and go to recovery --> Start the tablet by pressing Volume Down and POWER togheter for 5 seconds ,a message will inform you that you have 5 seconds to enter the recovery,press Volume UP before the 5 seconds expire
    5) From the recovery menu press Install and select the "recover.zip" file ...wait until the install process ends and then restart your device.

Note: Keep in mind that Windows doesn't show the known file extensions so most users don't have to put the .zip extension in the filename.

*** Firmware Downgrade & SKU Change ***

WARNING : Please keep in mind that this method is highly experimental on Asus TF700 but still was tested with success on TF 300 so should work on TF700 aswell, but you have to use the blobs for TF700 not the ones from the original thread. Use it on your own risk and please report here in any case.

*** Volume&Power Buttons combinations ***

Use this buttons for getting access to Recovery,Fastboot ,APX ,to do a Cold Boot and Wipe Data.
    Note: Make sure your device is OFF before using this.

** Boot To Recovery **

Press Volume Down + Power untill you see a white text on the screen then release the buttons and press Volume UP (you have 5 seconds to do it)
    Note: This works for both Stock and Custom recovery.
    Note 2: On Jelly Bean you will have to press Volume UP right after the four icons (3 icons if you are still locked) will show .

** Cold Boot - FastBoot - Wipe Data Menu **

Press Volume Down + Power untill you see a white text on the screen then release the buttons.Use Volume Down to navigate and Volume Up to confirm your selection.You have 10 seconds to make your choise,or else the system will do a Cold Boot by default.
    Note: FastBoot mode is available only if you unlocked the bootloader.

** Boot to APX mode **

Press Volume Up + Power for 5 seconds,the device will vibrate and your screen will be OFF.
    Note: APX mode is needed if you want to use NVflash.
    Note 2: Press Power button for 10 seconds to exit APX mode

Tips&Tricks / Frequently Asked Questions [18/08/2012 ]

**** Tips&Tricks / Frequently Asked Questions ****

[ Q ] I've just bought my device and my battery is empty/almost empty,do i have to charge it for 8 hours before i can use the tablet?
    No,you don't have to wait 8 hours before start using your tablet just plug the charger and wait until it get to 10-15% of charge then you can start using your tablet.Mostly it will need 2 - 3 hours for a complete charge and you will see a green light led when the battery is full.

[ Q ] I'm planing to let the device charge overnight,is there any risk of overcharging and battery damage?
    No,there's no risk of damage for your battery because once the battery is full it will stop charging so overcharge is not possible.

[ Q ] My battery drains very fast ,is there a way to improve battery live?
    IMO battery life depends very much on the way we use our device so i guess there is no real answer for this.Many users are asking about battery life and how to improve so have a look at this threads:
    Asus Transformer Pad Infinity Battery Life Discussions Thread
    [HOW-TO] Battery saving tips

[ Q ] Do i always have to full discharge the battery before charging again?
    Usually this is not needed for ion-lithium battery but if you do it once in a while it will help for better battery calibration.

[ Q ] Keyboard Haptic feedback doesn't seem to work even if that option is active
    On your tablet please go to Settings / Language&Input / Android Keyboard Settings / Advanced Settings / and make sure that "Keypress Vibration Duration setting" is set to 60ms or more.

[ Q ] The speaker is not loud enough,it's there a way to make it louder?
    Many of us are using Volume + and it works very well on TF700 so you should give it a try.Also you can find more info here

[ Q ] No Audio when watching an .MKV movie with the stock player
    Many .mkv movies have DTS audio and this format is not supported by the stock player so you will have to use a 3rd party video player.Try BSPlayer,it supports DTS audio and many other formats.

[ Q ] I get very low benchmark scores
    Go to Settings / Developer Options and disable " Force GPU rendering " option

[ Q ] My screen constantly adjusts brightness even if auto-brightness is disabled
    Yes,that is a "feature" called Dynamic Contrast but not all of us like it.Follow the directions from this post to disable but keep in mind that your device must be rooted.

[ Q ] Minimum brightness level is to low when Auto-Brightness is ON,how can i change that?
    If your device is rooted you can easly change the brightness level for Auto-Brightness mode,see this post

[ Q ] I'm having issues getting my MicroSD card to work with TWRP Recovery,possibile reasons?
    That could me many reasons for this kind of issue but one reason could be a bad formatted card,see here

[ Q ] I have TWRP recovery installed and i would like to use an app to Reboot to Recovery,it's that possible?
    Yes it's possible but NOT recommended because the application must send a custom command so if your recovery got corrupted somehow you could end-up with a bricked device...here's more info

[ Q ] I feel like i'm ready to try some Custom Roms now,are there any available?
    Yes,our great user/dev are always trying to give us the bet for our device have a look at this Index thread

[ Q ] According to my battery stats,Wi-Fi connection drain my battery a lot,is this true?
    Not really,the default battery stats are not accurate so probably it's showing wrong values so don't panic and read here

[ Q ] Stock recovery doesn't recognize my MicroSD card, any idea why?
    Please make sure your MicroSD card is formatted in FAT32.

[ Q ] I don't need/trust the Asus Device Tracker service and i would like to disable it,is that possible?
    Yes is possible to disable that service but keep in mind that is not yet confirmed if other services will be affected (OTA update or Bootloader Unlocking) and also your device must be rooted.You will find the disabling procedure here.

[ Q ] I would like to update the device via OTA update,any recommandation before i proced with the update ?
    Some users reported isues (mostly boot looping or update failure) when applying and update on systems where system applications were disabled/freezed so i recommend you to enable these apps in case you have them disabled.
    Manual ADB/APX Driver Installation for Windows OS

Manual ADB/FastBoot/APX Driver Installation for Windows OS

1) Put your device in Fastboot or APX mode or just boot normally (but make sure ADB debugging it's set on your tablet) for ADB and connect it to your PC
    2) Open Device Manager and select the device
    3) Right Click and select " Update Driver Software " and choose " Browse My Computer for driver software"
    4) Now click on " Let me pick from a list of device driver " and select " HAVE DISK "
    5) BROWSE to the folder where universal naked drivers are located and select "android_winusb.inf " if you are trying to install the FastBoot or ADB driver or choose " android_apxusb.inf " if you are trying to install the APX drivers.
    6) After the installation is done reboot your PC

* If Windows give you a big red warning about the driver not beeing signed just ignore it and go ahead installing the driver.
    *Also you should disable UAC if it's enabled.

Thank you guys for your kind words,i'm glad you like my "by users for users" guide and i really hope this will help people from damage/brick their device and also make moderators life a bit better cause i know this forum gets very messy with time and it's quiet impossible to keep track of every useful informations in here.
    Thanks so much for the guide. I was using the LCD Density App and that thing jacked my Infinity up big time. I will never use that application again. It wanted SuperUser clearance to save the Pixel Density, then when I checked Save & Reboot, my Infinity never turned on again. It just got stuck at the ASUS screen and wouldn't turn off. If I tried to power down, it just turned back on and stuck at the first Asus Screen.

I used the following directions and was able to get back to stock firmware.
    Thank god.

*** Factory Restore after a softbrick ***

When You Need This?
    * if you get stuck on Asus boot screen (the one with the spinning wheel)
    Note: You need to have a working recovery (stock or custom) in order to use this method.

========= Recover with stock recovery =========

1) Download the latest firmware from Asus site (based os your SKU,eg. ww 9.4.5.26)
    2) Extract the .zip file somewere on your desktop (the result will be another .zip file,use it for step 3)
    3) Rename the extracted archive to "EP201_768_SDUPDATE" (without the " ") and upload it to a MicroSD card
    4) Insert the MicroSD card in your tablet and use this button combination to Power ON and go to recovery --> Start the tablet by pressing Volume Down and POWER togheter for 5 seconds ,a message will inform you that you have 5 seconds to enter the recovery,press Volume UP before the 5 seconds expire.
    At this point the device will go in recovery and should start updating your firmware .

So yeah, thanks for this guide and beware of the Pixel Density Application. I know someone from here created it, but It could not have been more clear that it messed my tablet up since I had never had a problem until I gave it SuperUser Clearance then it never turned on again.