Starting over

Search This thread

Cornbeef3000

Jan 25, 2014
I've messes up my nook in ways i no longer under stand and i wanted to phone if there is an file i can flash to start over to square one, stock rom. i have the cyanboot on it, cmw is no longer there(i messed that up trying to installing semi stock rom) and nothing will flash, i cant tell if im charging it i just plug it in and it stays on the cyanboot screen can someone help? i just wanna start over

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
I've messes up my nook in ways i no longer under stand and i wanted to phone if there is an file i can flash to start over to square one, stock rom. i have the cyanboot on it, cmw is no longer there(i messed that up trying to installing semi stock rom) and nothing will flash, i cant tell if im charging it i just plug it in and it stays on the cyanboot screen can someone help? i just wanna start over
Go to my NC tips thread linked in my signature and make a bootable CWM SD per item A10 and then follow A15 to return to stock.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app

YellowCobra

Mar 9, 2014
Explain what you mean when you say it fails. And what do you mean rom restore image? You need to be more explicit.

Lets say i boot into cwm/twrp using SD or emmc i cant do a creen install (u know formatting data, cache, ect) and then did its time to install the rom, it installs like normal, no problem whatsoever, then installing g apps, same as before not a single problem or error message, then i reboot, see the cyanboot then its says "loading Emmc" or something close to that then the screen goes black, and stays black. weather 5,10,30 mins, an hour goes by nothing else will show on the screen. i though maybe i didn't format my cache (sometimes that's the problem on other devices in the past from booting) so i boot back into cmw/twrp and format it again, reboot, then after the cyanboot screen complete black screen, but i can run roms off SD fine but i dont like too

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Lets say i boot into cwm/twrp using SD or emmc i cant do a creen install (u know formatting data, cache, ect) and then did its time to install the rom, it installs like normal, no problem whatsoever, then installing g apps, same as before not a single problem or error message, then i reboot, see the cyanboot then its says "loading Emmc" or something close to that then the screen goes black, and stays black. weather 5,10,30 mins, an hour goes by nothing else will show on the screen. i though maybe i didn't format my cache (sometimes that's the problem on other devices in the past from booting) so i boot back into cmw/twrp and format it again, reboot, then after the cyanboot screen complete black screen, but i can run roms off SD fine but i dont like too
The original question on this thread was how to get stock back. You seem to be trying to put CM on emmc. You might do better putting stock back then try to put CM on it.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

YellowCobra

Mar 9, 2014
The original question on this thread was how to get stock back. You seem to be trying to put CM on emmc. You might do better putting stock back then try to put CM on it.

Thats what im trying to do, but when i try installing the stock roms, on the "instaling update" screen it says it failed, that that was because i did not have the original files on my nook, so i gave up on that

nice-socks

Feb 17, 2011
Troubles going back to stock

Hi leapinlar,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I just dusted off my Nook Colour and want to take it back to stock. I followed your tips and used CWM-6.0.1.2-bootable_SD to restore back to nookcolor_1_4_3_signed.

I followed another threads instructions (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=931720) where it told me to first format data and format system. I then chose the nookcolor_1_4_3_signed to install and rebooted.

I've rebooted a couple of times now and it is stuck on the screen with the n and "Contains reader mobile tech by adobe.."

I then went back into CWM and chose the restore function but i'm getting the same result.

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Hi leapinlar,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I just dusted off my Nook Colour and want to take it back to stock. I followed your tips and used CWM-6.0.1.2-bootable_SD to restore back to nookcolor_1_4_3_signed.

I followed another threads instructions (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=931720) where it told me to first format data and format system. I then chose the nookcolor_1_4_3_signed to install and rebooted.

I've rebooted a couple of times now and it is stuck on the screen with the n and "Contains reader mobile tech by adobe.."

I then went back into CWM and chose the restore function but i'm getting the same result.
If you had CM on your NC before trying to go back to stock, you must first use my format zips from my NC Tips thread linked in my signature. Using CWM to format is not enough. Read item A15.

nice-socks

Feb 17, 2011
If you had CM on your NC before trying to go back to stock, you must first use my format zips from my NC Tips thread linked in my signature. Using CWM to format is not enough. Read item A15.

Hi leapinlar,

I believe I already stated that I did use your files?

Edit: Sorry, now I see I missed the note about formatting with 5-6-7. I'm not sure what that really means, or how to do it, but i've downloaded it and I'll put it on the SD card and see what I can play around with in CWM.
Edit 2: Got it working! Thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to re-format the SD card so I can use it regularly again.

Last edited:

YellowCobra

Mar 9, 2014

ok i flashed the rom, i boot the nook and i see the words "read forever". then a few seconds later it say "install rom restore image" but it failes

Attachments

• IMAG0268.jpg
    IMAG0268.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 16

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
[quote name="leapinlar" post=53764858]If you had CM on your NC before trying to go back to stock, you must first use my format zips from my NC Tips thread linked in my signature. Using CWM to format is not enough. Read item A15.

ok i flashed the rom, i boot the nook and i see the words "read forever". then a few seconds later it say "install rom restore image" but it failes[/QUOTE]Did you follow all the instructions in A15, including flashing the format 567 zip? That message is from stock recovery.