[HOW TO] Use the Atrix without a SIM and no Motoblur account.

Search This thread

CyberPunk7t9

Aug 2, 2006
MN
I thought this might come handy to work on Atrix phones right out of the box with no SIM, Bypassing the Motoblur registration right to the home screen rather quickly.

Step1 (Bypassing the "No SIM card/Emergency calls only"
-Power up the phone while holding "Volume Down" until "fastboot" appears in top of the screen.
-Use the "volume down" button to navigate through booting options until you see "Boot Android (No BP) then press "Volume Up".
-The phone will skip the "No SIM card/Emergency calls only" right to the Motorblur account setup screen.

Step2 (Byapssing the Motorblur account setup)
-Bring up the virtual keyboard by holding the "Menu" key at the language selection screen of the Motorblur account setup.
-Press the "?123" key followed by ALT then "e" two times in a row, Then type "bluroff" (without the quotations).
Code:
the following keys exactly in this order..
-?123
-ALT
-ABC
-e
-?123
-ALT
-ABC
-e
-b
-l
-u
-r
-o
-f
-f
-Motorblur account setup will shutoff and you will be taken to home screen.

Note: Doing this just once will disable the Motorblur account login in all future boots.

Last edited:

g1g

Aug 3, 2009
FLA......
So if we disable moto blurr and leave the sim card in would this let us run stock android without blurr? Would the phone work proper?:rolleyes:

lostsoulktash

Jul 16, 2007
No, what OP is trying to say is if you want to mess around with the phone without having to type in a moto blur account and putting in a sim card do the methods above.

Basically its to disable moto blur when you have no sim card and no wifi.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

SN4K3B1T3

Aug 21, 2010
Vancouver
doesnt disable motoblur at all, motoblur is baked in the software, you cant disable it without root, all this does is skip setup...nothing else

SpeeDemon

Dec 13, 2009
Abbotsford
The Bell Atrix actually tells you how to skip Blur registration. It's on page 4 of the manual and doesn't require any fancy passcodes. Simply press Menu... Done.

CyberPunk7t9

Aug 2, 2006
MN
So if we disable moto blurr and leave the sim card in would this let us run stock android without blurr? Would the phone work proper?:rolleyes:

Of course not. Disabling the motoblur account registration is for quick-accessing the phone and/or not wanting motorola to have your personal data on their servers.

No, what OP is trying to say is if you want to mess around with the phone without having to type in a moto blur account and putting in a sim card do the methods above.

Basically its to disable moto blur when you have no sim card and no wifi.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

EXACTLY!!

doesnt disable motoblur at all, motoblur is baked in the software, you cant disable it without root, all this does is skip setup...nothing else

Where does it say "disable motoblur"?!! Title reads "no motoblur account" and descriptions says "bypassing".

In short, This is the fastest way to access a brand new motorola phone right after putting in the battery and powering it on.

Thanks and gold luck. :)

CyberPunk7t9

Aug 2, 2006
MN
The Bell Atrix actually tells you how to skip Blur registration. It's on page 4 of the manual and doesn't require any fancy passcodes. Simply press Menu... Done.

Good. I just checked the AT&T Atrix manual and there's nothing about skipping the motoblur account registration. I wish it was just the menu button, It took me a while to figure out how to enter the bluroff code.

Thanks

ytwytw

Nov 15, 2008
Toronto, ON
I thought this might come handy to work on Atrix phones right out of the box with no SIM, Bypassing the Motoblur registration right to the home screen rather quickly.

-Power up the phone while holding "Volume Down" until "fastboot" appears in top of the screen.
-Use the "volume down" button to navigate through booting options until you see "Boot Android (No BP) then press "Volume Up".
-The phone will skip the "No SIM card/Emergency calls only" right to the Motorblur account setup screen.

-Bring up the virtual keyboard by holding the "Menu" key at the language selection screen of the Motorblur account setup.
-Press the "?123" key followed by ALT two times in a row, Then type "bluroff" (without the quotations).

Note: Doing this just once will disable the Motorblur account login in all future boots.

Bell Atrix is easy to fix it

just click menu and skip setup

doesnt matter you have a sim or not :rolleyes:

CyberPunk7t9

Aug 2, 2006
MN
So, does this actually skip MotoBlur in total, or just the sign in part of it?

Of course it does not disable the motoblur skin, Just bypass the annoying registration screen like this method for AT&T models.
Currently, The most far you can get away from MotoBlur is by using the GingerBlur ROM.

Ryuji5864

Mar 5, 2011

-Press the "?123" key followed by ALT two times in a row, Then type "bluroff" (without the quotations).

The first step worked without any problems. I couldn't get step 2 to work with the above commands. I had to press ("ALT" and "e") two times followed by, "bluroff" to shutoff the MotoBlur account setup.

RootManOne

Mar 9, 2008
I'm really sorry to ask this stupid question, but if (when) you need to "reveal" ALT key, you have to click ?123 first. Clicking ALT after that shows special characters on keyboard, like "#$%", so how you are managing to click ALT>E. Can someone tell exact key press sequence please? Like "?123">"ALT">"another key"

cheetah2k

May 27, 2008
Brisbane
I also have the Bell Atrix.

Does skipping the Moto Blur registration and sign in improve the speed of the device - eg, does it slow it down??

If not, I don't care using the Moto Blur account sign in, because it saves me from having to re-do my other accounts sign-ins every time I factory reset.

wargame1

Sep 13, 2010
Doha
I'm really sorry to ask this stupid question, but if (when) you need to "reveal" ALT key, you have to click ?123 first. Clicking ALT after that shows special characters on keyboard, like "#$%", so how you are managing to click ALT>E. Can someone tell exact key press sequence please? Like "?123">"ALT">"another key"

I'm with RootManOne on this one. Please post the exact sequence.

joeystarr

Mar 31, 2011

Yes please can someone tell the exact step by step (button after button) sequence, because i'm not able to skip but need it as a hell! The problem is that my atrix has wifi problems and i can not connect to internet with my cellular provider, so i need to skip it! Thanks in advance

SN4K3B1T3

Aug 21, 2010
Vancouver
EXACTLY!!

Where does it say "disable motoblur"?!! Title reads "no motoblur account" and descriptions says "bypassing".

In short, This is the fastest way to access a brand new motorola phone right after putting in the battery and powering it on.

Thanks and gold luck. :)

You know if you read other peoples posts asking if this disables motoblur you wouldn't have to go on a tard rant...I was clarifying for other people that didn't read the post...thanks and good luck

sent from my Tegra Beast MB860

CyberPunk7t9

Aug 2, 2006
MN
The first step worked without any problems. I couldn't get step 2 to work with the above commands. I had to press ("ALT" and "e") two times followed by, "bluroff" to shutoff the MotoBlur account setup.

Yes please can someone tell the exact step by step (button after button) sequence, because i'm not able to skip but need it as a hell! The problem is that my atrix has wifi problems and i can not connect to internet with my cellular provider, so i need to skip it! Thanks in advance

my bad.
please try the following keys exactly in this order..
-?123
-ALT
-ABC
-e
-?123
-ALT
-ABC
-e
-b
-l
-u
-r
-o
-f
-f

Let me me know.
thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

-Press the "?123" key followed by ALT then "e" two times in a row, Then type "bluroff" (without the quotations).
    Code:
    the following keys exactly in this order..
    -?123
    -ALT
    -ABC
    -e
    -?123
    -ALT
    -ABC
    -e
    -b
    -l
    -u
    -r
    -o
    -f
    -f

my bad.
    please try the following keys exactly in this order..
    -?123
    -ALT
    -ABC
    -e
    -?123
    -ALT
    -ABC
    -e
    -b
    -l
    -u
    -r
    -o
    -f
    -f

Let me me know.
    thanks
    Just switch it to airplane mode and leave it there?
    You don't need a valid SIM card to use it, if you have a void one (old contract or so) use that. Or just buy one cheap.

Gesendet von meinem MB860 mit Tapatalk 2