[success!]defy bl7 root!

Search This thread

INZANEDUD

Feb 14, 2012
South America
At last! I've been waiting for this moment a long, long time... thank you very much guys, you released my phone from its dungeon

:D:D

Last edited:
Reactions: 51836842

DJ_Synergy

Aug 2, 2009
Berlin
is this really working, or just another fake ???
has anyone tried it with success???

It would be sooo great, if you guys made it true ... i just can't beleive it ... sorry for that :)

DJ_Synergy

Aug 2, 2009
Berlin
wooow, thats good news today ... lets hope,that this will not be fixed very soon ... you guys are awsome :)

for all questions ... rooted BL7 means, that the Stock Roms that wasn't rootable ... ARE NOW ROOTABLE ...

ofmb

Mar 3, 2011
Great news!

Those done downloading - pls torrent the files, and it'll spread much faster!

paul.d051990

Jan 6, 2012
Botosani
Just a bit?

I'm a bit of a n00b. What exactly is rooted bl7? Official Motorola Defy Gingerbread sbf with root, I'm guessing? With MotoBlur and everything?

No ofence, but you really are a noob, no it's not the whole SBF there are only some files that you flash and gain root acces. Don't confuse the firmware with some other files that are mean to root/set free your device.

Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can i flash it over my DEFY+ bl7 and get it rooted???
    That's the idea of flashing this.

..can i copy the given file from your dropbox to my sd card and flash it from my DEFY+ itself....or i have to use my pc for the flashing??? :confused:
    No, you have to flash it through RSD Lite (5.3.1 I'd suggest).

Here is a how to:

0. Charge fully your battery before starting to flash!
    1. DL DEFYPLUS_U3_4.5.1-134_DFP sbf file.
    2. DL firmware and firmware.z01, put them in the same folder and extract firmware - it will create a firmware folder inside your current folder with another SBF file inside.
    3. DL and install Motorola usb drivers, so your phone gets recognized by the PC in bootloader mode.
    4. Install RSD Lite 5.3.1
    5. Get your phone into BL mode - turn it off, press and hold Vol+ and Pwr button. This is what your screen should look like:
    37164d1306666863-motorola-defy-flashen-bootloader-screen.png

6. Start RSD Lite as Administrator and connct your phone to PC
    7. Press the "..." button in RSD lite and select the DEFYPLUS_U3_4.5.1-134_DFP file. Hit start, sit back and wait.
    8. DO NOT TOUCH, TURN OFF, UNPLUG your phone untill the flash process is complete or you can permanently brick your phone!
    9. Repeat steps 7 and 8, but this time select the second sbf file that was exctracted from the firmware zip's in the firmware folder.
    10. After flashing is done, turn off the phone, unplug it from the PC, press and hold Vol- and Pwr buttons. At the yellow exclamation mark with an android press simultaneously Vol+ and Vol-
    11. Wipe data/factory reset.

Reboot and enjoy your newly rooted BL7 Defy+ (and don't forget to send me a beer :D:D:D)
    hello and thank you,
    1/ wipe: wipe meaning what exactly? factory reset from within phone or what?

2/ flash: flash how?

1. Shut down the phone>Press the button Volume Down and keep it pressed>Press the buton Power On>A Yelow Triangle with an Android will appear>Pres both Volume buttons>A menu will appears>Navigate up/down with the Volume buttons and Accept with Power buttons> sellect Whipe Data and Factory Reset and then Whipe cache>Select Reboot from menu and press imediately the Volume UP buton>the phone will enter in Bootloader Mode (is ready for flash process)>Connect it to PC

2. The Flashing proces is done on PC with the phone connected. You must install RDS Lite and Motorola USB Drivers (after installing drivers restart the PC.
    Run installed RDS Lite as Administrator (if you use Windows Vista or 7). Click on [ … ] Button and select your .SBF file and click Open.
    Boot your phone into Bootloader Mode (as I said at point 1.).
    Now connect your Defy to your PC (if is not already connected)
    The START button on RSD Lite should be available now, click and wait.

Don't disconnect until RDS Lite will show PASS.
    OK, here are the links to my Dropbox
    Great news!

Those done downloading - pls torrent the files, and it'll spread much faster!

Here is a torrent file with firmware.zip and firmware.z01