[ROM][8/6/12] Derp3D - Pure Sense 3.0! Intense >:D

Search This thread

mito8485

Apr 9, 2011
san antonio
I had the same problem at first. It took kinda long to load, then went into a bootloop as soon as it started up. I just booted into recovery and wiped cache and dalvik as suggested above thank you green giant, and boom works like a charm! Awesome work Savoca!! NO sd card partition on my end either.

Last edited:

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
Looks good man!! :) I'll have to download it later on today and take it for a spin!!

madplaya1

Dec 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Beem running for an hour or so its good but just a little lag on transition on the launcher and app drawer.. Running classic kernel by ca1ne and smurfout tweaks 6.5 but only problem so far a little lag

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

alexthesniper21

Dec 13, 2010
He's got it planned for future update maybe.. also, been running since last night n its been great, as mentioned before a bit of lag on launcher when scrolling either after unlock or when exiting an app, but other than that the rom is solid!

-Rr!cAn 3v0

i hope, this by far is the most stable 3.0 , it would be sexier with the tweaks :D

savoca

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2011
Pasadena
downloads.codefi.re
Google Pixel 7
Yes, wiped multiple times and no luck. I tried wiping after flashing as well. I was stuck on the white HTC screen for over 5 min. Did I not wait long enough?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I'd say wait about 10-20 minutes at bootanimation, it can take some time.

Also, expect smoothness in the near future.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I get up, when you get down to this...

Derp3DThread.png

Features:
    -Full Sense 3.0 Stock Experience (Like breaking open an EVO Design 4G)
    -Phantom Voicemail Fix included
    -Updated .apk's
    -Sense 4.0/3.5 Wallpaper.apk (Based off CM7 Wallpaper Chooser)
    -App2SD
    -SysUI/Framework Mods (usual package)
    -Stock HTC Kernel
    -Stock Look/Feel (Boot animation/unthemed/etc.)
    -Sony Bravia Engine (v1.2+)
    -Beats Audio (v1.2+)
    -Amazing RAM (See screenshots)

Bugs:
    -You tell me

Screenshots:
    derp3d1.png
    derp3d2.png

derp3d3.png
    derp3d4.png

derp3d5.png
    derp3d6.png

Download!
    v1.2
    v1.1

Disclaimer: Not responsible if you break your phone blah blah.
    Derp3D Mods:
    All mods for the ROM will be made flashable, Derp3D is meant to be a stock Sense 3.0 experience so all modifications will be included here.

Enable a 5x5 App Drawer
    Download

Depagnate the 4x4(Stock) App Drawer
    Download

Depagnate the 5x5(Modified) App Drawer
    Download

Re-Enable Pagnation in either 4x4/5x5 App Drawers
    Download

No-Flip Clock
    Download
    Thanks to dieselford

Disable 3D Carousel
    Download
    Thanks to dieselford

Remappable Rosie
    Download
    Thanks to thicklizard

Remappable Mod for Super Smooth Rosie
    Download
    Thanks to thicklizard

Power+Home Screenshot
    libScreenshotUtil.so
    MySketcher.apk
    Both .zips need to be flashed in recovery
    Thanks to thicklizard

Inverted MMS
    Download
    Thanks to thicklizard

Disable 3D Carousel/Depagnated App Drawer
    Download
    Thanks to dieselford

Carousel Mods
    Super Smooth
    Super Smooth/Depagnated
    Super Smooth/No Spin/Depagnated
    Thanks to dieselford

Disable Recent Apps in Notification Menu
    Download
    Thanks to dieselford

1% Battery Increments - SprintLovers
    Download
    Thanks to thicklizard!

Volume Rocker Track Mod
    Download
    Thanks to thicklizard

Status Bar Clock Mods
    Back to Stock Clock
    Centered Clock
    No Clock
    Stock Clock, No GPS Icon
    Centered, No GPS Icon
    No Clock, No GPS Icon
    Stock Clock, No GPS Icon, No AM/PM
    Centered Clock, No GPS Icon, No AM/PM
    Thanks to thicklizard

dieselford's Derp3D Mod Collection
    Click Here
    Huge thanks!

More to come!
    I will update this with more mods and any that people are willing to contribute.
    Changelog for D3rp r3Dux:

- removed language files from some apps and recompiled them as a result freed up 80+ mb of space in system/app
    - bumped internal storage from 120mb to 200mb, and 270mb on ext-partition from my testing.
    - optimized some apks and pngs, freed up another 10mb.
    - optimized bootup/down bootanimation
    - bumped system memory allocation from 18mb to 60mb
    - removed a couple lib files that I thought were unnecessary
    - removed CIQ files
    - removed Beats Audio files(was causing DSP manager to FC when using equalizer)
    - fixed the stock Browser from crashing when webpage had embedded Flash video
    - turned Unknown Sources on, disable haptic feedback by default
    - took out the a2sd and replaced it with Dark Tremors a2sd(flash the newest Underworld kernel for ext4 support, will probably bake in next release. Thanks ca1ne)
    - faster transitions/ made spinners smoother and faster
    - updated a few apps most notably latest Google Play and added Es File Explorer
    - added LeeDroid Tweaks(reorder quicksettings/hide recent apps, switch volume wake or skip track and bunch other stuff see for yourself.)

I was going to add the rest of these other standalone mods in myself but all the apps ThickLizard provided got them in. Made my job a bit easier :)
    - mods include: Mms compression disabled + sms backup, WiFi Hotspot Hack, Smooth Scroll, 30 Step Incremental Volume, CRT animation

(I know you guys wanted swiping notifications. First attempt was a no-go and didn't make it to RC1..)

CRedits:
    - Team Nocturnal for the black clock and inverted MMS app from their Shooter rom
    - j4n87 and Daniels7 for Leedroid Tweaks
    - Thicklizard for bringing the Tweaks over(dont recall any Rom on OG having Leedroid in it as this was my first time trying. It's different..)
    - Dieselford for all his past mods(you can still use them, but may break other mods like disable carousel until he updates them)
    - Savoca for letting me use his Rom(another canvas to play around with. It's kinda different..)

http://d-h.st/bY4

Here's the link again one more time in case you missed it

i think i'm pretty close to getting most of the must have functions into this rom and keeping the base mostly stock. i got swipe notifications in, ext-4 support baked in from the Underworld 8 kernel(credits to ca1ne). and i think the rom is less laggier and smooth because of it. watch the vid and tell me how it runs.

it still has 200mb of internal space and i think 270mb on a2sd last time i checked. haven't tested. anyways it's almost a wrap and it'll be up to Savoca to releaseit... or add more things to it if he so chooses. i give the rom back to him. i tried to improve it the best way i know how and i know i can still do more to it given some time. i may make a spin-off rom using this base but i don't know, we'll see...

big thanks to everyone active or had something to contribute in this thread: Luisit0, Dieselford, ThickLizard, Dropzeroc, and of course Savoca for letting me mess around with his rom.
    I cant get this to flash :confused: . I confirm MD5 and it matches but everytime i get stuck on splash. Ive tried using wipe all zips and manually wiping each option but i get stuck on splash. Im not flashing anything else just the rom no kernels ect. Im using amon ra style recovery

Just wait it out :D

And everyone else expect RCTweaks in the next near future. Like 48 hours max. :p