ADB works, but fastboot won't recognize device. Can't update TWRP to 2.7 for kitkat

Search This thread

kaceps

May 2, 2011
edit : crap ..... worng section ... how do I delete ?

Hello.

I have a KFHD 7" happily running under Hashcode's CM10.0. I'd like to update to kitkat.
For that, it seems I need to upgrade my recovery from TWRP 2.4 to 2.7. ( If the rom should install under TWRP 2.4, let me know, cause I got an error when I tried. )

So, after messing a bit with my drivers, I got ADB to work fine.

However, I need fastboot to update recovery. My Kindle can go into fastboot, no problem.

But windows just won't recognise it. "Fastboot devices" always show no devices connected.

I tried with various drivers ( including those from QEMU thread ) on 2 differents computers.

So I'm starting to wonder if there is something I missed in the virious threads. Is there something I should know that would prevent me from seing the device under fastboot but not ADB ?

Last edited:

nicknc

Dec 10, 2009
Hello.
So I'm starting to wonder if there is something I missed in the virious threads. Is there something I should know that would prevent me from seing the device under fastboot but not ADB ?

Are you running Windows 8.1?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

kaceps

May 2, 2011
Thanks for the answer.
No, I'm runing 7.
Also, I will delete this thread and re-post in Q&A. As soon as I find the option ...

SafinWasi

Dec 15, 2013
Unknown
edit : crap ..... worng section ... how do I delete ?

Hello.

I have a KFHD 7" happily running under Hashcode's CM10.0. I'd like to update to kitkat.
For that, it seems I need to upgrade my recovery from TWRP 2.4 to 2.7. ( If the rom should install under TWRP 2.4, let me know, cause I got an error when I tried. )

So, after messing a bit with my drivers, I got ADB to work fine.

However, I need fastboot to update recovery. My Kindle can go into fastboot, no problem.

But windows just won't recognise it. "Fastboot devices" always show no devices connected.

I tried with various drivers ( including those from QEMU thread ) on 2 differents computers.

If you have the image,try using FireFlash by stanga72. Just place the image on the sdcard,open fireflash,select "Flash Recovery" and choose the image. Hit Flash,and reboot into recovery.

r3pwn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
For some reason, Kindle devices won't be recognized in fastboot without the specific flag "-i 0x1949". For example, "fastboot devices" becomes "fastboot -i 0x1949 devices" and "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" becomes "fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery recovery.img".
I'm positive this is the issue.
Have a nice day! :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

xuxu09

Feb 20, 2010
Download .zip file and install from recovery

Sent from my Amazon Tate using XDA Free mobile app