[RADIO] HTC Desire Stock Radios [LATEST 5.17.05.23] [29/05/11]

Search This thread

AdamG

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 14, 2007
I have taken the time to put together all the radios available for the HTC Desire (GSM), all the radios have been packaged in recovery flashable zips.

I do not know which is best for battery life/performance so please discuss that below, if you find any radios I do not have listed please send me a message with the link so I can update the thread.

Note: Flashing RIL files will not improve battery, stability or enhance anything despite what people think, you are wasting your time, lookup what the RIL actually is and the example source code and you will see why.

Latest radio

Old radios
5.10.05.17_2
5.09.05.30_2

Old eclair radios
4.06.00.16_2
4.06.00.02_2
4.05.00.30_2
4.04.00.03_2

Instructions on how to flash the radios can be found here.

NOTE: If you have the Alpharev Oxygen or CM7 HBOOT then you will not be able to flash these files via recovery, quote from AlphaRev site below.
If you downloaded Bravo Data++, please notice the /cache partition is too small to hold Radio flashes from recovery. You can however flash the radio just fine with 'fastboot flash radio radio.img'. Just extract the radio.img from the radio update.zip beforehand.

You need to have a rooted device to flash any of these radios, help with this can be found here.

Mirrors
mofirouz.com

Last edited:

myth1001

Nov 15, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the effort!
Some brief information on how to flash radios would be helpful. :D

Will try out the new radio tomorrow. Gonna test out Richard's kernel tonight. :D

Reactions: sadullo

AdamG

Jun 14, 2007
You flash them the same way you would any other update.zip :)

SamE

Dec 29, 2004
Are these like other Radio ROMs I have seen for download and will sim lock Orange phones?

PaulW21781

Jan 15, 2006
Manchester
Cheers AdamG!

Just put RADIO_4.06.00.16_2.zip on my Desire. Reception does seem better than the previous 4.06.00.02_2 so far :)

This is on a GSM Handset with Orange SIM Card. No idea if it will SIMlock Orange supplied handsets though like 4.06.00.02_2 did...

Last edited:

cnic

May 21, 2010
Hy guys, the Radio part is a major issue for me because the signal fluctuates like crazy and sometimes when I am updating or browsing the web data conn. goes from 3G/H to standard G. And of course if someone calls me gets a out of area tone.

Not speaking about lack of signal indoors wich sucks also. Sometimes i get the no connection "x" near the signal bars. And my Nokia 6500slide has full signal, no drops, etc etc in exactly the same area.

And one more thing, if I have 3bars, I pick it up,, it drops like crazy to 1bar or none...

So, I would really like to update the radio part for my desire because this is the one thing that sucks about him, but:

1. I really would not like to loose my warranty
2. I'm not into rooting my phone or custom rom-ing it, from lack of time and reason number one

so my question is:

can I install a radio update without rooting/loosing warranty/rom-ing it ?!

thank-yee

Last edited:

cnic

May 21, 2010
that thread is huge and from what I read it provides info to root it..

how do you just "flash" it ? (I'm not THAT lazy but it looks rather complicated)

and how do I found out what radio version I have ?

Well these files contain radio updates only and nothing else so it would be hard to see why they would invalidate any warranty and yes you could flash them without rooting your device.

Follow the instructions here http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desire-desire-modaco-com/307365/24-may-r5-htc-desire-rooting-guide-now-with-hboot-0-80-and-os-to-1-21-support/

Instead of flashing rootedupdate.zip, flash the radio file, do NOT use wipe.

angeloc92

Apr 28, 2010
that thread is huge and from what I read it provides info to root it..

how do you just "flash" it ? (I'm not THAT lazy but it looks rather complicated)

and how do I found out what radio version I have ?

you can check directly from your phone. Just go to settings > telephone info > Software information > and look at the second part of baseband version. For example, i have 32.37.00.32U_4.06.00.16_2, it means my radio image is the version 4.06.00.16_2 :)

cnic

May 21, 2010
you can check directly from your phone. Just go to settings > telephone info > Software information > and look at the second part of baseband version. For example, i have 32.37.00.32U_4.06.00.16_2, it means my radio image is the version 4.06.00.16_2 :)
Thanks ..

it seems that I have the worst radio version :)) the first one, 4.05.00.11

Now about that "just flash it" thing ... How does one do it without warranty void/rooting ..

angeloc92

Apr 28, 2010
i THINK, therefor wait for confirmation from some expert, that you just have to reboot in recovery: hold vol down + power on, then select recovery from the menu. Once in recovery, while displaying the red triangle, connect the usb to the pc, install adb drivers for your phone if you did not do before and run the script (depending on the os you have) to push recovery image to the phone.
When you can access the recovery menu, just go to flash update from zip and select the radio update...then some restart in order to finalize the process and it should be done..

cnic

May 21, 2010
i THINK, therefor wait for confirmation from some expert, that you just have to reboot in recovery: hold vol down + power on, then select recovery from the menu. Once in recovery, while displaying the red triangle, connect the usb to the pc, install adb drivers for your phone if you did not do before and run the script (depending on the os you have) to push recovery image to the phone.
When you can access the recovery menu, just go to flash update from zip and select the radio update...then some restart in order to finalize the process and it should be done..

installed android 2.1 sdk

installed htc sync for the drivers

put radio.zip to the card

rebooted and selected Recovery ...

but i can't get into the recovery menu, and also when the phone icon with the red triangle apears i can`t get out of it, i have to take out and put the battery in..

some help would be apreciated...

AdamG

Jun 14, 2007
How to flash the radios:

Make sure you have the usb driver installed from the android sdk

1. Turn your desire off
  2. Hold the back button and turn your desire on
  3. When you are at the white screen, make sure BOOTLOADER is selected and press the power button
  4. Wait a few seconds then press volume down to select RECOVERY and press the power button again
  5. When you are at the screen with the red triangle and the phone, plug in the usb cable
  6. Run the recovery-windows.bat script from modaco r5 root pack
  7. When the recovery menu appears select 'Flash zip from sdcard'
  8. Select the radio zip file and press the trackerball to confirm
  9. Press the trackerball over 'Reboot system now'
  10. When the radio image has finished being written unplug the usb cable
  11. The phone will reboot a couple of times and then return to a normal state with your new radio :)

Last edited:
Thanks Adam ! :)

Is there any changelog ?
Or do the lastest radio images "just" make GSM reception and battery life better ?
Will ever be an OTA update published for radio images ? I mean, if I can avoid flashing my device, it'd be great. (in the past HTC devices, did they release radio images via OTA ?)

cnic

May 21, 2010
Thanks Adam ...

but at step 7 ..when the recovery menu should appear ... the phone remains with the red triangle and does nothing ...
(I have android sdk installed with platform 2.2 api 8, and htc sync for the drivers).

Windows makes the typical USB-sound when I connect the phone but RUNME.bat says :

*daemon not running, starting on port 5037*
* daemon started ...*
error: device not found
Now wipe and apply. .. etc etc...

And indeed "adb-windows devices" does not list anything as being attached ...

Any ideas ?! ...

Thanks yet again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have taken the time to put together all the radios available for the HTC Desire (GSM), all the radios have been packaged in recovery flashable zips.

I do not know which is best for battery life/performance so please discuss that below, if you find any radios I do not have listed please send me a message with the link so I can update the thread.

Note: Flashing RIL files will not improve battery, stability or enhance anything despite what people think, you are wasting your time, lookup what the RIL actually is and the example source code and you will see why.

Latest radio

Old radios
    5.10.05.17_2
    5.09.05.30_2

Old eclair radios
    4.06.00.16_2
    4.06.00.02_2
    4.05.00.30_2
    4.04.00.03_2

Instructions on how to flash the radios can be found here.

NOTE: If you have the Alpharev Oxygen or CM7 HBOOT then you will not be able to flash these files via recovery, quote from AlphaRev site below.
    If you downloaded Bravo Data++, please notice the /cache partition is too small to hold Radio flashes from recovery. You can however flash the radio just fine with 'fastboot flash radio radio.img'. Just extract the radio.img from the radio update.zip beforehand.

You need to have a rooted device to flash any of these radios, help with this can be found here.

Mirrors
    mofirouz.com
    How to flash the radios:

Make sure you have the usb driver installed from the android sdk

1. Turn your desire off
    2. Hold the back button and turn your desire on
    3. When you are at the white screen, make sure BOOTLOADER is selected and press the power button
    4. Wait a few seconds then press volume down to select RECOVERY and press the power button again
    5. When you are at the screen with the red triangle and the phone, plug in the usb cable
    6. Run the recovery-windows.bat script from modaco r5 root pack
    7. When the recovery menu appears select 'Flash zip from sdcard'
    8. Select the radio zip file and press the trackerball to confirm
    9. Press the trackerball over 'Reboot system now'
    10. When the radio image has finished being written unplug the usb cable
    11. The phone will reboot a couple of times and then return to a normal state with your new radio :)
    Radio posted

Hello all.

I have updated the website with the new radio (which is flashable).

http://www.mofirouz.com/wordpress/2011/03/htc-desire-radios/

As always, please have a look at the FAQ before posting questions and etc.

Thanks,
    Mo.
    Radio 5.17.05.23

http://www.multiupload.com/9QPO6P4MUK

Thanks to proxuser for this.

Just flash it over with
    Code:
    fastboot flash radio radio.img
    Here is a mirror for all the radio :

http://morcus.free.fr/xda/desire/radio/

You can direct link.

If you want me do add something to host, just PM.