[THEME-Apr24] ⋮░⋮ PCB Blue v1.8.2 ⋮░⋮ Circuit Boards! - for AOKP b34/M4 (GSM + LTE)

Search This thread

scar45

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 17, 2006
[THEME-Apr24] ⋮░⋮ PCB Blue v1.8.2 ⋮░⋮ Circuit Boards! - for AOKP b34/M4 (GSM + LTE)

⋮░⋮ PCB Blue v1.8.2 ⋮░⋮
Updated on 04-24-2012 (mm/dd/yyyy)

for AOKP_b34/m4

Hi all! I have been a proud owner (and still am actually) of an HTC Desire, ASUS Transformer TF101, and now the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (GSM). On each of these devices, I've created a properly-built theme based on my PCB image.
This theme for the GNex is my newest, and based/influenced by my original PCB Sense (v2.x) Theme and PCB Blue for Prime! on the TF101. I'm happy with how it turned out, so I wanted to offer it up to all the fellow XDA users!

Supported Devices:

• Galaxy Nexus GSM (maguro)
  • Galaxy Nexus CDMA (toro)
  • ASUS Transformer (tf101) (coming soon)

Couple of things to note:

• ONLY for AOKP_b34/m4! (older versions are archived). You can try it on other ROMs, but this theme was built from AOKP sources.
  • *NOTE* - You must choose "CircleMOD" in Settings --> ROM Control --> Battery --> Battery Icon Style to see custom icons, otherwise stock is used
  • This design was meant to be quite close to stock for those who dig the ICS UI, but want something a bit unique
  • It is currently a work-in-progress, and will evolve over time. I hope to keep adding more and more...
  • Please do not ask for too many new feature requests. I am quite a busy dood, and this is still the early days of ICS. I will definitely update it when I can, but I have been making Android themes for a while, and it becomes quite tedious and time consuming to create new .zips/.apks for each and every ROM release. I will certainly do my best though!
  • I have edited a lot of images with utmost care and attention to detail including those precious draw9patch ones
  • CHANGE LOG is below

Screenshots:

These are some of the graphic components I built and used in this theme (more actual screenies coming soon):

scar45-pcb-aokp-promo-v4.png

Future Plans:

• Style a few more draw9patch PNGs
  • Style more parts of the OS

Downloads + Change Log + MD5 Checksums :

• * IMPORTANT * - Do NOT flash this theme immediately after flashing a ROM/gapps/kernel etc., as it will cause issues. If you flash a fresh ROM, boot into it fully, then reboot to Recovery, wipe Dalvik-Cache, then install my theme by itself. Reboot one final time and you should be good to go!
  • Everything is now at the PCB Theme mini-site
  • Don't forget that you can use the included PCB Theme Companion App to check for new versions easily on your phone (just click "Website")
  • Simply scan the QR code below with your phone for the fastest way to download (just don't forget to remember it's location when flashing! It's usually /sdcard/Download):
  • (*NOTE* - if you DL on your GNex and end up with a '.bin' extension, just rename it to '.zip', check MD5, and flash in CWM)

» PCB Theme Mini-Site »
[qrcode]"http://pcb.pla.bz/devices"[/qrcode]

Installation:

First off, ensure that you're running AOKP_b34/m4, then simply download the flashable .zip below, save it to your /sdcard folder, enter ClockworkMod Recovery (hold Vol_Down + Vol_Up + Power on fresh bootup, then press Up a few times to highlight "Recovery", then press Power) and choose "Install .zip from sdcard", then browse to where you saved the file. I'd also recommend doing a wipe of the Dalvik-Cache. That's it!

Uninstall/Removal:

It would be double the work for me to provide another .zip to revert files, so what I would recommend is that you just extract your original /system/app/SystemUI.apk and /system/framework/framework-res.apk from your original ROM .zip and drop them in a copy of my theme .zip, overwriting them. Simply enter Recovery and flash that .zip which should revert ONLY those 2 files. I'd also recommend doing a wipe of the Dalvik-Cache.

BONUS Wallpapers:

official_pcb_wallpapers-v1.0-scar45.zip 7.64mb (Max Compression)

(thanks/credit to iteppo on deviantArt for the wallies below)

if you like it... (I would greatly appreciate that!!) otherwise, a click of the THANKS button is awesome!

Disclaimer:

Flash this at your own risk! I am NOT responsible for any damage, however I do use it myself and always perform a NANDROID backup + Dalvik wipe before installing. Also, PM me before you rip out any of my resources if you wanted to use them in your own theme/project. I can be accommodating so long as you get in touch first!

Credits and thanks to some of the resources used go out to:
  • hostedWithGeeks for the excellent hosting experience/service
  • Team KANG for making a great ROM for the Galaxy Nexus
  • UOT Kitchen for their circle battery icons
  • Some other icons were obtained at IconFinder

Last edited:

Magoggles

Jan 13, 2012
Sydney
Just installed a little while ago. Quite like it so far, nice subtle theme, but that's a good thing for me since I like the ICS style. Thanks for this. :D

scar45

Aug 17, 2006
Thanks to all of you guys for giving it a shot :) I am still planning on making improvements as time goes on, but I'd love to hear any feedback, either good, bad, or suggestions for the future.

Again, hope you enjoy the work I put in to this! :D

scar45

Aug 17, 2006
any plans to make it compatible with m3??

Hey Collin, I probably could, however as I just got my Nexus and am using b26, I just released this version initially. I am not sure what the roadmap for the AOKP ROMs are (i.e. when the next Milestone will be coming), so I may just wait for M4.

Otherwise, I have been using b23/25/26 for about 1.5 weeks and haven't had any issues, so I might recommend you upgrade to b26 (it even has some great new features over M3). Of course, if you do a Nandroid and then try it out, you'll have nothing to lose! ;)

As this is the first release, more will come, and I will do my best to support as many ROM versions as I can (which can be a handful for someone like me with little time...trying to run my own business and it takes a LOT out of me!).

Cheers!

KingDavid63

Apr 6, 2011
Warrior, AL
www.facebook.com
Thanks to all of you guys for giving it a shot :) I am still planning on making improvements as time goes on, but I'd love to hear any feedback, either good, bad, or suggestions for the future.

Again, hope you enjoy the work I put in to this! :D

i like it alot man.. been using ur stuff on my tf101 since the beginning... but on this i might consider using different status bar icons... the honeycomb is kinda old, and the signal and bluetooth... may something more modern/stockish... either way i love it... but u asked for feedback bad or good... thanks bro as always u rock

Reactions: scar45

scar45

Aug 17, 2006
Awesome Looking theme, What r the chances of seeing it in Red?

Possibly in due time, but I actually first need to get it to a state where all of the resources that I wanted to edit are in fact 'final'. At that point I would then take the collection and apply different colour schemes. I did it for my PCB Sense version, however it was one of the last steps after I had created everything in green. Sooo, not ruling it out, but most likely not any time soon.

i like it alot man.. been using ur stuff on my tf101 since the beginning... but on this i might consider using different status bar icons... the honeycomb is kinda old, and the signal and bluetooth... may something more modern/stockish... either way i love it... but u asked for feedback bad or good... thanks bro as always u rock

Kick ass KD! I was hoping to hear/see some of the TF101 crew who also snagged the GNex. Thanks for giving good use to my themes, and also for the feedback. You're right, I did ask for +/-, and I actually do agree with you on the status bar icons. I know they don't really fit into the super clean modern look of ICS, but my geek nostalgia forced me to use them, as I have been doing so since my Desire days. That, and the fact that I wasn't feeling very creative to think hard about it I'll be honest ;) I did design the Wifi icons from scratch though (notice how you didn't specifically mention those?), so I'll try to do the same thing again for the battery/BT/cell ones after getting my creative smok, err, juices flowing again ;) I've got some ideas...

Thanks again fellas, already 236 downloads in less than a day! \o/ (is that good or bad? I dunno, still cool tho!)

klyzon

Oct 15, 2007
awesome looking theme :)

love the subtle pcb design. Maybe u could change the softkeys up a little.

Would there be any issues if i flash other softkeys over it? will the animation be overwritten?

scar45

Aug 17, 2006
awesome looking theme :)

love the subtle pcb design. Maybe u could change the softkeys up a little.

Would there be any issues if i flash other softkeys over it? will the animation be overwritten?

Thanks klyzon! Really glad you are liking the theme.

In terms of the softkeys, if the package that installs them replaces SystemUI.apk (just have a look in the .zip), then you will most likely lose many parts of my theme (I have modded both SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk). I will consider building different collections of .apks with different softkeys, but again, this is just the first release of my theme, so that may happen in the future.

Otherwise, if you (or anyone else) do see different softkeys that you want to use, post a link in this thread and I'll ask the dev/themer of those images if I would be allowed to use them in a version of my theme.

** EDIT ** - I just checked one of packages from this thread --> [SOFTKEYS] Softkey Collection 2.0 [GSM/CDMA] [Update 08-02] by atticus182 and he actually provides a .zip with PNG images! This is great because it will allow you to take my SystemUI.apk and merge in those PNGs so you can ONLY replace the softkeys. You'll just need to extract my SystemUI.apk somewhere temporary, pop in the PNGs to the correct place (/res/drawable-xhdpi) and then drag that modified SystemUI.apk back into my .zip flash package. Also, the PCB pattern behind the softkeys is kept in 2 PNGs from my SystemUI.apk, namely "ic_sysbar_highlight.png" and "ic_sysbar_highlight_land.png", so just don't overwrite those and you'll be good to go!

Please do let me know if you've tried that, and how it works out for you. It would be great to have a UOT Kitchen type of webapp to build custom themes, but I don't have the know-how to build this for PHP/.net/etc...Anyways, hope this helps in the meantime!

Last edited:

scar45

Aug 17, 2006
Hey all!

I've just updated the PCB theme to v1.1.0 which is based on AOKP b27. I am running it right now, and it's working (and looking! :D) great!

I have also added a few more features/skinned elements, and I'll work on making up a couple of screenies right now.

Anyways, please test it out if you're on AOKP b27 (which is amazing btw), and let me know what you think. Cheers and thanks!

Sleeepy2

Dec 9, 2009
Toronto
Installed and very nice.
2 requests / suggestions.
Not all of the loading animations are blue and make the lock screen lock icon blue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

klyzon

Oct 15, 2007
actually, i kinda dislike the top bar being in pcb design, the old black bar suits it better, more subtle imho

scar45

Aug 17, 2006
Installed and very nice.
2 requests / suggestions.
Not all of the loading animations are blue and make the lock screen lock icon blue.

Thanks for the feedback Sleeepy2, however it is very hard to cater to each individual need (as mentioned in the OP). I did not make ALL spinner animations blue because the Android system has 2 by default (black and white). I simply made the black ones blue, and left the white...well, white.

As for the lock screen lock icon, I will also leave that white, as it blends/fits in with the other lock screen elements. More importantly, white offers a better contrast, in case someone had a blue-ish wallpaper, in which case the lock would be hard to see.

I'm sorry if I am not being very helpful here, but it's actually quite easy for you to change the colours, spinners, etc. yourself if you'd really like to. Please just don't re-release a modded version of my theme if you do though. Modding my theme for your own usage would be absolutely fine though!

actually, i kinda dislike the top bar being in pcb design, the old black bar suits it better, more subtle imho

Hey klyzon, appreciate the feedback here, even though I actually do like the top status bar pattern. I definitely hear what you are saying though, as it doesn't make the theme very subtle any longer. Also, my lady gave me some grief for this too when I flashed it to her GNex :eek:

I am pondering whether or not to make 2 versions of the theme. One with basic, subtle PCB design mods, and one with everything styled to the tits :D Of course, that means double the work when it comes to updating (AOKP is on a roll!), so it will eat more of my already limited time :(

I just wish there was a better way to mod system resources without having to decompile/rebuild each .APK as they are updated...if anyone does know of such a method, PLEASE let me know! I looked into Ninja/Metamorph, but I don't think they offer much better methods. There was a thread about the VillainTheme system in the ASUS Transformer forums, but it never worked properly (wasn't actively worked on either).

Anyways, sit tight if you can for a few, and I'll try to work some more magic...

P.S. - I'd love to hear anyone else's thoughts on this. It would be great to get to a version that the majority approves of!

kipue

Sep 3, 2009
Hong Kong
Hey, just installed and really like how subtle the effects are :)
I for one really like the PCBed(?) status bar!
2 things:
- The alarm icon gets kind of faded (it's never really "in your face" anyway)
- Could not get alternative softkeys to go with it.... Will have to learn to open those flashable zips and get the hands a little dirty :)

Thanks for the great job :) Not often that I actually install AND keep a theme ;)

superstargoddess

Jul 30, 2011
Nelsonville
fuh-q.com
I really want this to work with my Razr on AOKP 27, but it never seems to work. Any idea how to get it working? I LOOOOVE this theme!

Edit: This is what my lwp looks like actually, so it would match!

Last edited:

Sleeepy2

Dec 9, 2009
Toronto
As for the lock screen lock icon, I will also leave that white, as it blends/fits in with the other lock screen elements. More importantly, white offers a better contrast, in case someone had a blue-ish wallpaper, in which case the lock would be hard to see.

No problem, can you let me know where it is and I can change it myself.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

⋮░⋮ PCB Blue v1.8.2 ⋮░⋮
    Updated on 04-24-2012 (mm/dd/yyyy)

for AOKP_b34/m4

Hi all! I have been a proud owner (and still am actually) of an HTC Desire, ASUS Transformer TF101, and now the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (GSM). On each of these devices, I've created a properly-built theme based on my PCB image.
    This theme for the GNex is my newest, and based/influenced by my original PCB Sense (v2.x) Theme and PCB Blue for Prime! on the TF101. I'm happy with how it turned out, so I wanted to offer it up to all the fellow XDA users!

Supported Devices:

• Galaxy Nexus GSM (maguro)
    • Galaxy Nexus CDMA (toro)
    • ASUS Transformer (tf101) (coming soon)

Couple of things to note:

• ONLY for AOKP_b34/m4! (older versions are archived). You can try it on other ROMs, but this theme was built from AOKP sources.
    • *NOTE* - You must choose "CircleMOD" in Settings --> ROM Control --> Battery --> Battery Icon Style to see custom icons, otherwise stock is used
    • This design was meant to be quite close to stock for those who dig the ICS UI, but want something a bit unique
    • It is currently a work-in-progress, and will evolve over time. I hope to keep adding more and more...
    • Please do not ask for too many new feature requests. I am quite a busy dood, and this is still the early days of ICS. I will definitely update it when I can, but I have been making Android themes for a while, and it becomes quite tedious and time consuming to create new .zips/.apks for each and every ROM release. I will certainly do my best though!
    • I have edited a lot of images with utmost care and attention to detail including those precious draw9patch ones
    • CHANGE LOG is below

Screenshots:

These are some of the graphic components I built and used in this theme (more actual screenies coming soon):

scar45-pcb-aokp-promo-v4.png

Future Plans:

• Style a few more draw9patch PNGs
    • Style more parts of the OS

Downloads + Change Log + MD5 Checksums :

• * IMPORTANT * - Do NOT flash this theme immediately after flashing a ROM/gapps/kernel etc., as it will cause issues. If you flash a fresh ROM, boot into it fully, then reboot to Recovery, wipe Dalvik-Cache, then install my theme by itself. Reboot one final time and you should be good to go!
    • Everything is now at the PCB Theme mini-site
    • Don't forget that you can use the included PCB Theme Companion App to check for new versions easily on your phone (just click "Website")
    • Simply scan the QR code below with your phone for the fastest way to download (just don't forget to remember it's location when flashing! It's usually /sdcard/Download):
    • (*NOTE* - if you DL on your GNex and end up with a '.bin' extension, just rename it to '.zip', check MD5, and flash in CWM)

» PCB Theme Mini-Site »
    [qrcode]"http://pcb.pla.bz/devices"[/qrcode]

Installation:

First off, ensure that you're running AOKP_b34/m4, then simply download the flashable .zip below, save it to your /sdcard folder, enter ClockworkMod Recovery (hold Vol_Down + Vol_Up + Power on fresh bootup, then press Up a few times to highlight "Recovery", then press Power) and choose "Install .zip from sdcard", then browse to where you saved the file. I'd also recommend doing a wipe of the Dalvik-Cache. That's it!

Uninstall/Removal:

It would be double the work for me to provide another .zip to revert files, so what I would recommend is that you just extract your original /system/app/SystemUI.apk and /system/framework/framework-res.apk from your original ROM .zip and drop them in a copy of my theme .zip, overwriting them. Simply enter Recovery and flash that .zip which should revert ONLY those 2 files. I'd also recommend doing a wipe of the Dalvik-Cache.

BONUS Wallpapers:

official_pcb_wallpapers-v1.0-scar45.zip 7.64mb (Max Compression)

(thanks/credit to iteppo on deviantArt for the wallies below)

if you like it... (I would greatly appreciate that!!) otherwise, a click of the THANKS button is awesome!

Disclaimer:

Flash this at your own risk! I am NOT responsible for any damage, however I do use it myself and always perform a NANDROID backup + Dalvik wipe before installing. Also, PM me before you rip out any of my resources if you wanted to use them in your own theme/project. I can be accommodating so long as you get in touch first!

Credits and thanks to some of the resources used go out to:
    • hostedWithGeeks for the excellent hosting experience/service
    • Team KANG for making a great ROM for the Galaxy Nexus
    • UOT Kitchen for their circle battery icons
    • Some other icons were obtained at IconFinder
    Eyyy yo Mr Scar great great great theme. This theme kicks some major tail, and is amazing!! If you don't mind my asking what colors did you use for the Navigation bar and the clock in the statusbar. I tried using the stock ics color, but it doesn't actually look the same.

Thank you rsantana! The colours I use myself can be found when you click the "!!!" button, which seems to always set the correct ICS colour. Try it out and let me know how it goes ;)

so when is this long awaited thing gonna drop -_- 1.50 is pretty much unusable with the toggles all effed up .... youve been saying this thing will be "online shortly" for like a week now brah, just drop an update with the toggles fixed and work on your godlike interface later.

Yes please hurry, some of us are entitled. You became indentured to us when you used your free time and know-how to give to the community. Now we own you, just accept it.

Well, I guess this is bittersweet since you guys like the theme very much, but are now putting the pressure on! ;)

I have finally released the next version(s). Again, some big news goes along with this, and I will be updating the OP, however here's the short of it:

• Incorporated the new UI elements (screenies to come)
    • Backported/Updated v1.4 to v1.4.1 which gives Milestone 4 users the new graphical elements, allowing them to stick with M4 and enjoy
    • CREATED THE PCB THEME MINI-SITE! (<-- Get the latest versions here until I get a chance to update the OP)
    • CREATED THE PCB THEME COMPANION APP! (It's installed to /data/app along with the theme via the flashable .zip - ALL versions, v1.4.1 / v.1.6.0 have it included)
    • Oh yea, and fixed the toggles ;)

OK, so I hope that makes things better for everyone ;) As you have noticed, I have put pooploads of time and effort into this huge release, and I'm hoping that you'll be able to donate whatever you can via the PCB Theme Companion app. I don't know how much longer I can go having only 1 kind donation from noel_leon.

Anyways, enjoy, please post your thoughts about everything (new theme + mini-site + companion app), and I'll follow up here!

Cheers all :)
    ...on the battery charging animation for your circle mod, the lightning bolt is showing for such a short time you would miss it if you blinked. IS it possible to make it a little longer, or is that an AOKP setting?

Hey subvertz, that's actually the way that it is supposed to be. TBH, the mechanics behind the battery charging animation is kinda tough to explain, but if your charge is high (which it probably was in this case), the animation only plays from %level --> 100%, then the charge icon hides to show the numeric value.

Again, it's tough to explain, BUT when your phone is at about 50% or less, plug in to charge and take another close look at the animation. You'll notice the lightning bolt stays on longer as your battery level was lower.

sorry, but i cant download your theme, its just always stopped at 3,9mb

Not sure why this is happening, as I don't think others have had an issue. Which version/device are you trying to download? Also, maybe try downloading it on another browser or your PC. Hope that helps...

@all, quick update about the b33 version. I am working on it now, but encountered some new issues with the clock that causes some SystemUI FC's. I'll do my best to sort that out ASAP and hopefully have v1.8.1 up by Sunday night...
    Updated to v1.8.0 / b32!

OK I went up to v1.8.0 on this one, because it's a bit of a milestone for me. I have finally been able to successfully theme from the AOKP source, which is the proper way to do it. It should at the least allow me to support more devices like Team AOKP does, and also allow me to make future updates a bit more organized.

I have also made another big change, and that is merging in *SWAGGER* with non-swagger, so there is now one version of the theme. With more device support coming, it would be a nightmare to have to do 2x the work, especially considering that my free time is surely limited (I've had to work more hours in my normal job). I hope this doesn't get everyone's panties in a bunch :p but I'm trying to find a nice medium, so I've changed the blue-coloured PCB pattern behind the status + navigation bar to be gray. I think this makes it a bit more subtle, plus allows for a much better mix of custom colours if you're in to changing the navbar softkeys, clock, and now the navbar glow which is new in b32. With a grey pattern in that area, I think it suites more colours better than blue.

Please let me know what you think of the latest version with the changes above, and don't forget to read the FULL changelog for this release on the PCB mini-site.

Grab v1.8.0 (b32) for MAGURO + TORO over at the PCB Theme Mini-Site.

Cheersch all, and now that I've got my linux build environment setup, I should be able to make more progress on the theme itself. Thanks for your patience, and any beers or support you might want to toss me, it's well appreciated!!
    Im using a GNex also. I don't want to post the link to the rom here, but if you would like to investigate it further, the rom is featured on droidhive dot com.

Hi srimay, I was actually mistaken before, as I thought AXIOM ROMs were for another device. I now know more, and even though they are for the GNex, you're right, they are a different build/distro/etc.. Unfortunately I have no extra time to spend on modding (and quality-testing) another ROM :( As it is now, I am sacrificing quite a bit, but I guess that's what I gotta do to get this theme looking perfect.

In other things, I have just uploaded v1.3.0 with the addition of notification item backgrounds (+ pressed states), and some minor fixes. Both versions are now @ v1.3.0, with the Change Log + Screenshot in the first post being updated.

Sorry for the frequent updates, but I'll be posting new stuff as I create it! Just be sure to wipe Dalvik-Cache before flashing, and you shouldn't have any problems a'tall.

Cheers all!