As Sensation users would you consider the Xperia S to replace it?

Will you buy a Sony Xperia S to replace Sensation later?

• I am bored of HTC,this Sony is sexy so Yes

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • I want to be sure it will have good roms before

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • If HTC deceives me in MWC I would consider it

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • NEVER! I will never change from HTC

Votes: 28 48.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Akatosh

Jan 14, 2012
UK
I don't know why or how so many people chose that they will stay with HTC, I have the Sensation z710e and it's so bad in key areas, battery (even though i bought an anker 1900), power, screen, overheating, fairly terrible multitasking, I don't see how you guys like it so much, sure when somebody with a different phone make comes a long I'll genuinely act like there's nothing wrong with my phone. Don't get a Sony, get a samsung.

RussianBear

Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2008
I don't know why or how so many people chose that they will stay with HTC, I have the Sensation z710e and it's so bad in key areas, battery (even though i bought an anker 1900), power, screen, overheating, fairly terrible multitasking, I don't see how you guys like it so much, sure when somebody with a different phone make comes a long I'll genuinely act like there's nothing wrong with my phone. Don't get a Sony, get a samsung.

i'll give you $10 for it.

totalundone

Jan 21, 2009
Sony (ie. SE) has the best oem UI of any Android manufacturer, IMHO. It offers a lot, looks clean, and isn't bloated. What they do change is done very nicely (Camera, music player, facebook integrations, etc). I had an X10i so I may be biased ;)

However, I don't plan on upgrading to it. It's nice, but not enough of an upgrade for me to justify it. The only thing I'm really liking is the 4.3" HD screen. My next phone definitely has to be smaller than my Sensation (I miss small phones). The camera looks good (not great) and it might be worth waiting to see what Nokia is planning on bringing out soon if camera is an important factor. Other than that, nearly the same chipset with a little more ram.

Reactions: josephnero

Ouzo

Nov 30, 2007
I would urge caution before buying this. Ironically one of its best features, the hi-res screen, may well be its undoing. Asking that chip to cope with all those extra pixels may well be too much. If any of you want to experiment now, download Electopia from the market. It's a free game/benchmark tool. When you start it you will be asked what resolution you want to run it in. Try WVGA to stat with then run the benchmark. Next try it again but in full screen mode. For me @ 960x540 I get about a 20% drop in frame rate. Imagine what kind of a hit the framerate would take at 720p. If you have an MHL cable you can run the tests again connected to your tv and you'll see even lower frame rates...

matt95

Aug 8, 2010
Milan

samsung? are you crazy? touchwiz sucks!! everyone here is happy with the sensation cause it is the best in the world (4hr ago :D)

townay

Oct 2, 2011
Chang Hua City
I would urge caution before buying this. Ironically one of its best features, the hi-res screen, may well be its undoing. Asking that chip to cope with all those extra pixels may well be too much. If any of you want to experiment now, download Electopia from the market. It's a free game/benchmark tool. When you start it you will be asked what resolution you want to run it in. Try WVGA to stat with then run the benchmark. Next try it again but in full screen mode. For me @ 960x540 I get about a 20% drop in frame rate. Imagine what kind of a hit the framerate would take at 720p. If you have an MHL cable you can run the tests again connected to your tv and you'll see even lower frame rates...

you do realize that not everyone buying the xperia s will be just solely for gaming right?

I got a sensation and theres not a single game in my phone. Its dramas and ebooks :p

So I'll take the 720p just for reading and watching dramas lol

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

I think the new HTC One S will have s3 processor

^ the One S will use the new S4 processor while the One X uses tegra 3 :)

Looks like I was wrong. My apologies.
The dual-core S4 chip will be on LTE version of One X's exclusive to AT&T

vegetaleb

One X and One V are official.
No 4.3'' with HD res :(
I wonder if it's like Sensation XL compared to Sensation (which feels way bigger)
Also another possible good advantage to Xperia S is that HTC didn't gave any release date,not even a Q2 or Q3 expectation so it could be released next month like it could be in June!
In that case the Xperia S will be the king of the mobile Android world for a couple of months.
I wonder if HTC can still come up with a 4.3'' HD model before summer...

townay

Oct 2, 2011
Chang Hua City
One X and One V are official.
No 4.3'' with HD res :(
I wonder if it's like Sensation XL compared to Sensation (which feels way bigger)
Also another possible good advantage to Xperia S is that HTC didn't gave any release date,not even a Q2 or Q3 expectation so it could be released next month like it could be in June!
In that case the Xperia S will be the king of the mobile Android world for a couple of months.
I wonder if HTC can still come up with a 4.3'' HD model before summer...

In MWC members who were invited all said that it'll be out in April.

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Why would anyone need 720 on 4.3 inch screen? I can hardly make out any pixels as it is with qhd. IMHO, qhd is the best option for 4.3, great looks while.not stressing processor too much. Don't follow stupid marketing, bigger numbers is.better, thinner case is better.... Meh.

Sent throught the wormhole from my CoinInserted Sensation OG.

cihanleanne

Nov 19, 2010
oludeniz
Why would anyone need 720 on 4.3 inch screen? I can hardly make out any pixels as it is with qhd. IMHO, qhd is the best option for 4.3, great looks while.not stressing processor too much. Don't follow stupid marketing, bigger numbers is.better, thinner case is better.... Meh.

Sent throught the wormhole from my CoinInserted Sensation OG.

tinky my brother bought one its not about ppi but believe me when you look at colours or brightness its awesome i had arc 480 800 was better screen than senny you may say stress the processor but actually spite it run on gb it kills sensation on benchmarkd %20 spite 720p dunno why maybe sense too heavy

shahkam

Jan 22, 2011
Canada
Well everything seems better then my sensation hardware/design but those button are quite hard to get them right otherwise id go for one anytime :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

bduvel

May 29, 2010
Well everything seems better then my sensation hardware/design but those button are quite hard to get them right otherwise id go for one anytime :)

xperia S has the same cpu/gpu, and bigger screen so needs more power to render it

sensation can be even fast/faster because of lower resolution

shahkam

Jan 22, 2011
Canada
xperia S has the same cpu/gpu, and bigger screen so needs more power to render it

sensation can be even fast/faster because of lower resolution

Well might need more power but it isn't that bad neither I've seen alot of videos it seems really smooth ...

Akatosh

Jan 14, 2012
UK
What about the one s if you don't really want quadcore, its super amoled plus.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Xperia S has outdated hardware. It is using S3 chip, same as Sensation ,the One S already has S4 with a much better GPU.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sony (ie. SE) has the best oem UI of any Android manufacturer, IMHO. It offers a lot, looks clean, and isn't bloated. What they do change is done very nicely (Camera, music player, facebook integrations, etc). I had an X10i so I may be biased ;)

However, I don't plan on upgrading to it. It's nice, but not enough of an upgrade for me to justify it. The only thing I'm really liking is the 4.3" HD screen. My next phone definitely has to be smaller than my Sensation (I miss small phones). The camera looks good (not great) and it might be worth waiting to see what Nokia is planning on bringing out soon if camera is an important factor. Other than that, nearly the same chipset with a little more ram.