[UPDATE 03/02/09] WM 6.5 built 21169 - Beta 2

Search This thread

mr-free

Jan 16, 2009
New York
NOTE: This ROM is for UnLock Titan Phones with SPL 2.4X with Radio 3.42.50
to unlock your Phone there is links in my Sig for doing so..

ALSO: IF YOU LIKE TO BETA TEST!! then try this one .. and report bugs etc..
THIS IS ONLY a beta ROM for now!! however all basic function works..

Well I decided to start a new thread on the WM6.5 build 21169..
If you like to have the latest 6.5 OS and the look and feel of 6.1 I recommend
going to 6.5 CR2, if you like a real nice WM6.1 ROM I recommend R4 Reloaded 1.3.4 ..

NOW If you like WM 6.5 and like to Beta test Build 21169 Beta 2..
and please report!! BUG!!! bugs report is very welcome!!!

WM 6.5 built 21169 - Beta 2 rel. 2
DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.4shared.com/file/90821845/7a8f4f05/Titan_65_21169-B2R2.html

Remember to install your Carrier CAB after loading!! (well if you have data service anyways)
Link to dcd1182 Carriers cab's.. Thanks dcd..
DCD Carriers CABs

Last edited:

djbeames

Good stuff! Just upgraded to it.. First point of note, You call it "Beta 2" in the rar file, but its known as Beta 1 in the ROM Update screen... Mmm.. I like the new boot splash, "Microsoft Internal Use Only" and all... I'll report more shortly...

OK... Preliminary findings:

1) GOOD NEWS! Push Mail works without any glitches! Flashed, Hard reset, soft reset, install DCD's Carrier, reset, setup exchange, sync worked, pushed mail, soft reset, still pushes. :D

2)The Titanium needs some work. Missing some text. You have to see it to understand.

3) HTC Task Manager's Quick Menu (the drop down on Today Screen) runs into the battery bar. battery bar needs to be move over a pixel or two.

4) Nasty dialer. Not going there.

5) The "Blank" sync conduit is still there during Exchange setup. I have screenshots if you want.

6) Windows Update is there... That needs to disappear. It doesn't have the right font. Yuck fu.

7) Skip Welcome needs to be added. The "How to use windows mobile" upon hard reset.

8) Encryption of card is NOT CHECKED now. :D It's greyed out even. Good stuff.

That's all for now. So far though, I like it!! I LOVE the new graphics! Very slick!!

Last edited:

scorp508

Jan 5, 2008
mr-free, this is the first ROM of yours I've tried. What are your steps for installation? Pllug in the phone and run RomUpdateInstallation or something else? TIA!

scorp508

Jan 5, 2008
Loaded fine, makes calls fine, but IE won't open and ActiveSync doesn't work connecting to Exchange 2003 SP2 and looks to have no data connection.

"Cannot connect with current connection settings. To check your connection settings, select Start, then Settings, then Connections"

Support code: 0x85020006 (Appears to be a "no network" error code.)

Home screen shows EV, but 0 bars of service when I normally have 1 or 2 sitting here.

mr-free

Jan 16, 2009
New York
Great feedback report so far .. fix a few of them already .. including the dialer :D

Thanks again

and I'll like someone with Exchange 2003 to test sync as well..

Good stuff! Just upgraded to it.. First point of note, You call it "Beta 2" in the rar file, but its known as Beta 1 in the ROM Update screen... Mmm.. I like the new boot splash, "Microsoft Internal Use Only" and all... I'll report more shortly...

OK... Preliminary findings:

1) GOOD NEWS! Push Mail works without any glitches! Flashed, Hard reset, soft reset, install DCD's Carrier, reset, setup exchange, sync worked, pushed mail, soft reset, still pushes. :D

2)The Titanium needs some work. Missing some text. You have to see it to understand.

3) HTC Task Manager's Quick Menu (the drop down on Today Screen) runs into the battery bar. battery bar needs to be move over a pixel or two.

4) Nasty dialer. Not going there.

5) The "Blank" sync conduit is still there during Exchange setup. I have screenshots if you want.

6) Windows Update is there... That needs to disappear. It doesn't have the right font. Yuck fu.

7) Skip Welcome needs to be added. The "How to use windows mobile" upon hard reset.

8) Encryption of card is NOT CHECKED now. :D It's greyed out even. Good stuff.

That's all for now. So far though, I like it!! I LOVE the new graphics! Very slick!!

mr-free, this is the first ROM of yours I've tried. What are your steps for installation? Pllug in the phone and run RomUpdateInstallation or something else? TIA!

djbeames

Loaded fine, makes calls fine, but IE won't open and ActiveSync doesn't work connecting to Exchange 2003 SP2 and looks to have no data connection.

"Cannot connect with current connection settings. To check your connection settings, select Start, then Settings, then Connections"

Home screen shows EV, but 0 bars of service when I normally have 1 or 2 sitting here.

You have to install the DCD Carrier Cab for your carrier before data works. ;)

mr-free

Jan 16, 2009
New York

Remember to install your Carrier CAB after loading!! (well if you have data service anyways)
DCD Carriers CABs

scorp508

Jan 5, 2008
Hah I was *just* coming here to say I installed dcd verizon and data is now working and I have my two bars of EV service back (go figure). :)

scorp508

Jan 5, 2008
Oh man, it just gave me the finger and shut off my radio when I set the date to 3/2/2009 LOL....

This concludes the beta test of this software release. Thank you very much for your time and effort in helping make this a great product for our customers.

To obtain a newer release or further information, please revisit the web site that you used to obtain your current beta release.

Last edited:

scorp508

Jan 5, 2008
Odd, my date is 3/2/09... And I didn't get that. Plus, your date doesn't auto-update from the network?

I don't think it had yet, as it was 3/2/2008. When it tried to sync with Exchange it said the SSL cert was invalid, but that was because the date was wrong on the phone so it thought the cert wasn't valid yet. Once I fixed the clock it hosed me. Restarted the phone and as soon as I enter my password it comes up with the error again and shuts off the radio. I'll upload a picture.

scorp508

Jan 5, 2008
expiredwinmo.jpg

I'm doing a hard reset now to see if it'll happen again.

Last edited:

scorp508

Jan 5, 2008
Hold on here, looks like I had an older carrier cab on my storage card.

dcd_Verizon_Carrier_20080719.cab

...going to try dcd_Verizon_Carrier_20081031.cab now and see if it makes a difference.

scorp508

Jan 5, 2008
Ok the newer cab is helping, but not perfect yet. :) The expiration thing hasn't happened again thankfully.

ActiveSync started processing everything, but didn't finish. Hmm. It had one calendar item fail (no biggie, it happens), but now looks to be stuck. If I force a sync I now get error code 0x80070057.

The IE button, honeycomb shortcut, and the up/down today screen link all do not work.

Last edited:

cmf04

Apr 1, 2008

Same issue here, synced the first time then I get the following.
Result: Synchronization could not be completed. Try again later.
Support Code: 0x80070057

Works when I uncheck email.

cmf04

Apr 1, 2008
Same here. I'll play around with the email advanced settings and see if it is something in particular that triggers it. Unfortunately I absolutely have to have email working, so if I can't figure something out I'll roll back.

Loading DCD right now because I can't go without exchange. Keep us posted if you find anything.