Haarlem
Last edited:

jan177

Feb 25, 2016
Haarlem

krasnoff

Jun 1, 2006
mytischi, ru
jan177, one more question. Guy from "4pda" asks: Is there a chance to see the port of cyanogenmod ?
As far as I know, developer need have access to the drivers in addition to the desire and the skills? It will be available?
This porting is realistic in the long term in your opinion?

jan177

Feb 25, 2016
Haarlem
jan177, one more question. Guy from "4pda" asks: Is there a chance to see the port of cyanogenmod ?
As far as I know, developer need have access to the drivers in addition to the desire and the skills? It will be available?
This porting is realistic in the long term in your opinion?
I do not see it as highly happening.

krasnoff

Jun 1, 2006
mytischi, ru
jan177, can you explain: what a purpose of this function: Developer options -> Allow OEM unlocking
I thought it was a software lock of the bootloader, but no: TWRP can be flashed with both states of switcher ((
How I can lock my boot and safe my data?

jan177

Feb 25, 2016
Haarlem
jan177, can you explain: what a purpose of this function: Developer options -> Allow OEM unlocking
I thought it was a software lock of the bootloader, but no: TWRP can be flashed with both states of switcher ((
How I can lock my boot and safe my data?
It is Android option in case manufacturer wants to use it I think.
In case you want to protect data use encryption and/or software rooter

Anyone from NOMU support? What about new firmware for S20?
no problem with your eng.:)
I do not have any info on new ROM.
There is no contact for now with Nomu and no support.
ROM was placed and removed by NOMU.
Perhaps someone can make a backup and place it for download?

Can you tell what are the problems with S20?
perhaps I will try to help

Last edited:

sams20

Feb 18, 2017
S20 fault on home screen

It is Android option in case manufacturer wants to use it I think.
In case you want to protect data use encryption and/or software rooter

no problem with your eng.:)
I do not have any info on new ROM.
There is no contact for now with Nomu and no support.
ROM was placed and removed by NOMU.
Perhaps someone can make a backup and place it for download?

Can you tell what are the problems with S20?
perhaps I will try to help

Hi, had my S20 since mid November. Phone quality seems really good, but last week i noticed the home screen taking a few seconds to start up. Today the screen has failed to come on about 5 times while using it. I have to hold the power button down for about 20 seconds to make it shut down and power back up.
I did a factory rest yesterday and it still has the same fault. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it failing to start.
I push the power button to open the home screen and get a slight change in the screen, like the back light has come on. I did get the screen come on once and the whole screen went completely white.
Anybody else having any issues?

MKK1986

Apr 8, 2017
Hi jan177 I have flashed the twrp on my s20 using the provide intruction and files but now my phone is not booting just have the nomu start screen. Can asses the TWRP though.
Can you help me fix this?
thanks alot in advance!
Marina

stu1690

Sep 1, 2014
I have read that the Nomu s20 has a trojan installed on the firmware from the factory, a triada trojan that cannot be removed. Is this true?

Sisyfos42

Jun 28, 2015
Trojan is Triada - manufacturer is silent

I have read that the Nomu s20 has a trojan installed on the firmware from the factory, a triada trojan that cannot be removed. Is this true?

Yes, that is true. The trojan is Triada and Kaspersky has made some very nasty blog posts about it.

and I just found it the hard way. Lets just say that I am mighty pissed about it. I came here to look for solutions to get rid of it through switching to a custom rom. If anyone has info on if that works, I would be very interested to hear that. I really like the phone, but the manufacturer just lost all the points from me and went widely into negative (for the trojan, but especially for the lack of response to it).
:confused::mad:

stu1690

Sep 1, 2014
Yes, that is true. The trojan is Triada and Kaspersky has made some very nasty blog posts about it.

and I just found it the hard way. Lets just say that I am mighty pissed about it. I came here to look for solutions to get rid of it through switching to a custom rom. If anyone has info on if that works, I would be very interested to hear that. I really like the phone, but the manufacturer just lost all the points from me and went widely into negative (for the trojan, but especially for the lack of response to it).

From what i have read on the Triada issue is that there doesn't seem to be a way of removing it. The Trojan was on the stock S10 firmware as well but can be removed by either downgrading the firmware to 1.0.2 then upgrading OTA to 1.04 or flashing an Archos 50 firmware to the device. I have not seen any updates for removing the virus on the S20 after searching over the last couple of days.

I am glad i read up on the S20 before i bought one but i am also gutted as it would have suited my needs for a work phone perfectly.

I hope you find a solution to remove the Trojan soon. If you do could you post a reply in this thread to let myself and others know ?

Sisyfos42

Jun 28, 2015
Manufacturer totally unresponsive on this

From what i have read on the Triada issue is that there doesn't seem to be a way of removing it. The Trojan was on the stock S10 firmware as well but can be removed by either downgrading the firmware to 1.0.2 then upgrading OTA to 1.04 or flashing an Archos 50 firmware to the device. I have not seen any updates for removing the virus on the S20 after searching over the last couple of days.

I am glad i read up on the S20 before i bought one but i am also gutted as it would have suited my needs for a work phone perfectly.

I hope you find a solution to remove the Trojan soon. If you do could you post a reply in this thread to let myself and others know ?

Aye, it looks bad. The only option maybe to try to return the device or put it under a hammer (safer option). I did a factory wipe and it at least helped to identify where the trojan starts its work. It is in module called "Wireless update". The first thing it did was to download to system/app/Fota/AdupsFota.apk what AVG rates it as trojan.downloader.fota.e . I wonder if I do a factory wipe, root the device and remove the wireles update program before it manages to do anything if it would be enough to never allow the trojan to start its work (sounds too simple though).

Last edited:

borax1

May 17, 2017
I wonder if I do a factory wipe, root the device and remove the wireles update program before it manages to do anything if it would be enough to never allow the trojan to start its work (sounds too simple though).
Sounds quite simple :) (and a very good idea!) Have you already done it? I have the same problem and would be highly interested in such a solution. Except this trojan issue the Nomu S20 is a great phone.

bonx49

Jan 18, 2007
For information the phone is sold as MTT IDEAL, new brand and model of ADAR , french firm specialized in rugged handled ... With a modified rom v1.7 without malware !!!!!

Reactions: JVitor

JVitor

Dec 18, 2014
For information the phone is sold as MTT IDEAL, new brand and model of ADAR , french firm specialized in rugged handled ... With a modified rom v1.7 without malware !!!!!

I have started a new thread to discuss many of the Nomu S20 problems (click here).

With regard to this ROM MTT IDEAL, have you already flashed and tested on Nomu S20? Do you have a link for the ROM? Is it possible to install TWRP and flash Chainfire SuperSu?

JVitor

Dec 18, 2014
There's a new official ROM on needrom.com which purportedly solves the Triada Trojan problem: https://www.needrom.com/download/nomu_s20_common/ I shall be testing it in the coming days.

Update: the uploader himself tried already and states that the ROM is also infected: "Tried already…. no help, All Nomu ROMs are still infected… anybody can help?".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Info

TWRP and ROM
    ____
    TWRP for Nomu S20 by Jemmini
    in attachment files

Install standard MTK drivers.
    In attachment files of Nomu S30
    http://xdaforums.com/general/device...nomu-s30-rugged-mt6755-4gb-rom-64-gb-t3479684

Install Supersu 2.78

Use the SPFlash Tool 1552, 1548
    https://androidmtk.com/smart-phone-flash-tool
    https://androidmtk.com/flash-stock-r...one-flash-tool

-----------
    Hit thank you if I helped you
    jan177, thanks!
    Did you plan create special topic for Nomu S20 later, or this will be enough?

I plan to open a topic on Nomu S20 the moment I get it.
    I have a review of S30
    http://xdaforums.com/general/device...nomu-s30-rugged-mt6755-4gb-rom-64-gb-t3479684
    with TWRP files and info.
    If you would like to know more on S20 or S30 or S10 follow my threads or ask:)